United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-07-2009, 01:39 PM
redrose

I agree with a lot of what's been said.

I have seen every sec of pre-season, but I always find it hard to guage how it will pan out fior the season. On the strength of what I've seen:

Positives:

1) Berba has been head and shoulders over everyone else. Absolute masterclasses of quality touch, strength and quickness of thought everytime he has played. If he would just be more selfish in the goal scoring dept, we have a genius on our hands!

2) Rio - magnificent. Someone compared him to Larry White above. I'd go further. Larry White at his peak, combined with Marco Baresi at his. There is no higher praise.

3) Fabio, Cathcart, Evans, Ed, Fletch, Giggs, Evra (pens & finishing from 3 yards apart)all showed decent form in patches. Not as positive as most on here about Nani, but I live in hope...but not expectation.

4) Valencia has me excited.

5) Owen - I so want him to be a success. Not convinced yet. If he'd buried his chance last night, I'd have been a lot happier. Early days & fingers firmly crossed.

Negatives:

1) Foster - oh dear. A big worry.

2) Waz - not found any form yet.

3) Carrick - Ditto. And I love Waz & Michael Carrick. I'm not worried about these two.

4) Scholes - same as last year really. Still class if no-one wants to tackle him. Otherwise, sadly, he offers nothing.

5) Kiko - Villa goal (and performance) apart, I am far from convinced. Big lad for his age no doubt, but my God he looks lumbering! Reminds me of Big Johnny Hartson running. Not sure he's the answer to the 4th striker. Big gamble that, which is why I guess he will share duties with Welbeck.

Overall positive I think. Charity Shield will be 1st proper test.
Closed Thread