United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Sparky***

Default The media are making a big deal about west ham's performance yesterday..

..apparently it was spineless, terrible, bodering on cheating some would have you believe. A lot was made of curbishley's pre-match comments about us.

Richard Keys before the game was making a HUGE deal about West Ham's recent record against us, doing his bestest to tempt fate. Martin Tyler, as usual, sounded more and more suicidal with each goal that went in. Infact, the only time he sounded exited was when nani went off.

I think it's evident that what went on yesterday was down to west ham not trying on purpose, because they're known for that aren't they? You know, not trying against Man Utd when they have £#%&! all to play for. It had nothing to do with the fact that west ham are rubbish, we are much better and needed to win the game desperately.

No, no. Not at all.

Unread 04-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Billy Bigbollox

It's been bugging me since yesterday too. All the snidey remarks in the media about them rolling over, not trying, their defence backing off us, not being arsed to have a go even with us down to 10 men. Even if it were true and they're not just a shite mid table team who travel about as well as a pint of milk in a tropical heatwave, they conveniently ignore the likes of Citeh, Boro, Bolton, Blackburn et al whose fans go off the giddyometer at the mere mention of our name and urge their team on to hurculean efforts against us, only for them to resort to type for the rest of the season. Complete and utter ABUism at it rankest I reckon.

Unread 04-05-2008, 09:01 PM
thatsfuctit

similar stage to last season - the team that it meant more to won.

yesterday, the team that it meant more to won..

I thought west ham had a bit of a go tbh, was a bit worried when #@&%! got himself sent of and just want half time to come and regroup.

Unread 04-05-2008, 09:03 PM
MrBishi

I haven't notice the media going on about it.

But then, I don't go looking for it.

Unread 04-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi

NFT

Unread 04-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Don't worry, I'll keep you updated.

Unread 04-05-2008, 09:14 PM
RedOx

ABU @#%&!s!

Unread 04-05-2008, 09:31 PM
MrBishi

They're all ABUs especially the ones that support Utd they're all out to get us grrrrrrrr

Unread 04-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
They're all ABUs especially the ones that support Utd they're all out to get us grrrrrrrr
that's a lot of red faces.

Unread 04-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default i've gone looking for it...

...and found this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/7260400.stm

Unread 04-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Zorg

Someone said on the wireless the other day that Curbishley's comments were actually made weeks ago but the media made out that he said it in the run-up to yesterday.

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:43 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Someone said on the wireless the other day that Curbishley's comments were actually made weeks ago but the media made out that he said it in the run-up to yesterday.
They were made a while ago.
As if he'd say that in the week leading up to the game

I think we all know after all these years what kind of game the Press are playing.
Had a read yesterday morning of the News Of The World (Yeah, I know)...the match report started something like this - MANCHESTER UNITED BOSS SIR ALEX FERGUSON TEMPTED FATE YESTERDAY BY SENDING HIS PLAYERS OUT ON A VICTORIOUS LAP OF HONOUR, DESPITE THE TITLE RACE STILL IN THE BALANCE

Yep, that's right...we were ARROGANTLY celebrating a Title that we haven't won yet...we're so smug & self obsessed that we dismissed Chelsea & Wigan in a revolting display of #@&%!iness

Of course, we could have just been doing what every home side did this weekend for their final game of the season, but that doesn't add fuel to the ABU fire does it.

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:46 AM
marlo stansfield

Default you two should get a show on sundays called the ABU supplement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

I think we all know after all these years what kind of game the Press are playing.
Had a read yesterday morning of the News Of The World (Yeah, I know)...the match report started something like this - MANCHESTER UNITED BOSS SIR ALEX FERGUSON TEMPTED FATE YESTERDAY BY SENDING HIS PLAYERS OUT ON A VICTORIOUS LAP OF HONOUR, DESPITE THE TITLE RACE STILL IN THE BALANCE

Yep, that's right...we were ARROGANTLY celebrating a Title that we haven't won yet...we're so smug & self obsessed that we dismissed Chelsea & Wigan in a revolting display of #@&%!iness

Of course, we could have just been doing what every home side did this weekend for their final game of the season, but that doesn't add fuel to the ABU fire does it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
..apparently it was spineless, terrible, bodering on cheating some would have you believe. A lot was made of curbishley's pre-match comments about us.

Richard Keys before the game was making a HUGE deal about West Ham's recent record against us, doing his bestest to tempt fate. Martin Tyler, as usual, sounded more and more suicidal with each goal that went in. Infact, the only time he sounded exited was when nani went off.

I think it's evident that what went on yesterday was down to west ham not trying on purpose, because they're known for that aren't they? You know, not trying against Man Utd when they have £#%&! all to play for. It had nothing to do with the fact that west ham are rubbish, we are much better and needed to win the game desperately.

No, no. Not at all.
and just moan about how everyone hates united.

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Hahahahaha! "victorious lap of honour". Jesus christ.

I guess, like richard keys, most people were expecting (hoping) that West Ham would put in their usual herculean effort against us, for no reason other than, well, it's United isn't it?

Alex Ferguson summed it up brilliantly after we played Leeds United at home in 1996. Leeds, down to 10 men, put in a display of such commitment and courage it was totally at odds with their miserable league position.

"you know, you'd think for some of these teams it's more important to get a result against manchester United, who's trying to win the league than anything else. And to me, their just cheating their manager. And wait until they play Newcastle and you see the difference."

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
and just moan about how everyone hates united.
You should get a show on E! called "the fabulous life of marlo" and bore us all to death with your shallow, self indulgent tales of mixing with minor celebs at shitty north london football clubs.

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:

Spot on, the Sunday Times said exactly the same thing

I was reading it as the scousers did their lap of 'honour':shakehead:

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Spot on, the Sunday Times said exactly the same thing

You were reading the times..............

I smell a WUM.............

Unread 05-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:

I remember last season after the everton game, most ABUs were complaining that Howard didn't play, people were also suggesting that Phil Neville scored that own goal on purpose.

Unread 05-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
"you know, you'd think for some of these teams it's more important to get a result against manchester United, who's trying to win the league than anything else. And to me, their just cheating their manager. And wait until they play Newcastle and you see the difference."
I've kept really quiet.....

Unread 05-05-2008, 12:14 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Yeah I saw that....it seems Arsenal did one too, we even have pictorial evidence from our resident 'gooner'

Then again, Arsenal are morally League Champions anyway & deserve their 'Lap of Honour'
As the Proffessor said pre-match yesterday, Arsenal have proved this season that they can win the League & European Cup.

The fact they failed to win a single game in that 5 game run they had against Liverpool, Chelsea & United (2 draws 3 defeats) was purely down to bad luck.
They showed how they're still the bestest footballing team in World when the real pressure was on against a free falling Reading & the relentlessly atrocious Derby County.
Closed Thread