Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-03-2008, 12:12 PM
El Calafate

Talking Great cameo performance from Scholes yesterday

nft.

Unread 09-03-2008, 12:14 PM
MUFC One Love

We dominated possession, therefore Scholes played well. The 'ginger prince' should start every game, even half fit.

No WUM!

Unread 09-03-2008, 12:15 PM
armchair

Carrick showed him how to put away chances when he came on and Anderson's show of tactical nous should have retired the ginger @#%&! for ever.

Unread 09-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Bunker Buster

cameo role. a minor part played by a prominent performer in a single scene of a motion picture or a television play Or a £#%&!ing FA Cup Game against the south coast Minnows.

Unread 09-03-2008, 12:18 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Carrick showed him how to put away chances when he came on and Anderson's show of tactical nous should have retired the ginger @#%&! for ever.

if Carrick had started instead of the past it Scholes, we would have won. if fergie persists with scholes we will win nowt. we were doing fine until he came back. nft.

Unread 09-03-2008, 12:49 PM
armchair

If Calafate

Unread 09-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
if Carrick had started instead of the past it Scholes, we would have won. if fergie persists with scholes we will win nowt. we were doing fine until he came back. nft.
[SIZE="7"]IF, if Tevez could pass a ball yesterday we would of won. If Anderson and Rooney didn't go to the ball we would of won. If Carrick was stronger in the tackle when he had that opportunity we would of won.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Carrick showed him how to put away chances when he came on :

Oi, no need for that.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:38 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Oi, no need for that.
I'd pick Carrick ahead of Scholes but this thread is about unfair criticism.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:40 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
100% agree with that.

carrick is being wasted at the moment. ive never rated him so highly until now when you see scholes and hargreaves labouring in midfield.

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:32 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
I'd pick Carrick ahead of Scholes but this thread is about unfair criticism.
scholes was a passenger yesterday. yes, other players had a shocker and rooney needs to be hauled in a bit thinking he can play anywhere, but you have to admit scholes isn't really contributing in either attacking or defending. just my opinion. no doubt i'll be shot down for making a valid and fair point. nft.

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
scholes was a passenger yesterday. yes, other players had a shocker and rooney needs to be hauled in a bit thinking he can play anywhere, but you have to admit scholes isn't really contributing in either attacking or defending. just my opinion. no doubt i'll be shot down for making a valid and fair point. nft.
i agree he didn't play well yesterday. i'd go as far as to say he was out most ineffective player.

however, i think he will re-capture his form if he's given a decent run in the team. also, even when he's not playing well, he's still capable of landing a 45 yard pass on rooney's foot.

form is temporary, class is permanent.

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:42 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

however, i think he will re-capture his form if he's given a decent run in the team. .
we will finish third if that happens.

they is no way scholes should be giving a run of games at such a crucial stage in the season. he hasnt had any form this season and we cant chance it.
carrick,fletcher and anderson should be starting the next few games.

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:43 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i agree he didn't play well yesterday. i'd go as far as to say he was out most ineffective player.

however, i think he will re-capture his form if he's given a decent run in the team. also, even when he's not playing well, he's still capable of landing a 45 yard pass on rooney's foot.

form is temporary, class is permanent.
scholes is good on the ball, very good in fact. it's when he hasn't got it that i worry. especially against a three man midfield. not saying we lost because of him, not at all. just think that we need a bit extra if we are going to get our hands on a trophy. nft.

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
scholes is good on the ball, very good in fact. it's when he hasn't got it that i worry. especially against a three man midfield. not saying we lost because of him, not all. just think that we need a bit extra if we are going to get our hands on a trophy. nft.
i can see your point, and we've certainly got the strength in depth in midfield, but i think he'll come good for us again.

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
we will finish third if that happens.

they is no way scholes should be giving a run of games at such a crucial stage in the season. he hasnt had any form this season and we cant chance it.
carrick,fletcher and anderson should be starting the next few games.
in fairness, most people would've said that about the zone of terror a few weeks ago, and look how well he has done against the odds.

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Big Barry Fat Baps

Quote:

£#%&!er

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Whalefish

If Scholes isn't worth a £#%&! as I'm inferring from some people's posts how many will be after his sale in the Summer? Because if he's not worth a spot anymore be it in the squad (well folk are going to moan WHEN he's eventually picked and he'll be sluggish because he won't have played much) or in the first XI, what use is he?

Personally wouldn't start Anderson the next few games his performance level has dipped and he looks shattered. Not surprising too. No problem with Fletcher and Carrick though.

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Christ these threads are boring.

Scholes hasn't been playing well recently. Congratulations on spotting that.

Maybe he shouldn't be in the side for the next game, but looking much further ahead than that or suggesting that he should not start another game this season is just stupid beyond belief.

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:54 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
If Scholes isn't worth a £#%&! as some suggest at the moment, how many will be after his sale in the Summer? Because if he's not worth a spot anymore be it in the squad (well folk are going to moan WHEN he's eventually picked) or in the first XI, what use is he?

Personally wouldn't start Anderson the next few games he looks shattered. Not surprising too. No problem with Fletcher and Carrick though.
Oldham Athletic? nft.
Closed Thread