United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:01 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Default Rio Ferdinand

Simply fantastic player.

He is now the ONLY player that should be captain next year, matured beyond belief over the last 2 years and a brilliant captain.
Was organising the team yesterday and his celebration after the 2nd goal said it all.
Yes hes had his problems in the past but that is long gone now, time to move on and celebrate what a great player and captain we have

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:04 AM
no fun

he even tried to give arsenal a chance by scoring an OG

what a fine example of good sportsmanship to the youth of today

ps.. the community pub was choccer yesterday

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:05 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
he even tried to give arsenal a chance by scoring an OG

what a fine example of good sportsmanship to the youth of today

ps.. the community pub was choccer yesterday
I've given you your own thread

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Billy Baroo

i worry about him not playing more than any other player we have. the back 4 is a shadow of itself without him

next comes evra as the difference between him and any cover we have is so great, both in defence and attack, that we have to play differently. superb player

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:11 AM
dunk

He was magnificent, again, in both performance and leadership.

When Eboue went down injured in the 1st, he spoke to each and every player and sorted them out in both attitude and positionally. After that break I noticed Hargreaves came over to cover in front of Evra and from then on we were much better.

Not something that Gallas would've done, or even G. Neville. Great Captaincy.

As for his interview, he seemed so focused, if he is speaking for the whole squad and they are all that concentrated and determined, serious even, this could be a great month.

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Terry Silver

I was at the game and, but for one aberration, thought he was class as his has been all season.

But on the way home I read my mates copy of the new Red Issue and discovered that he is actually shite and that he is also not faithful to his wife so I think we should sell him. United have a long tradition of players who are faithful to their partners - Best, Robson, Cantona, Beckham, Cole, Giggs... oh wait a minute.

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:21 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
I was at the game and, but for one aberration, thought he was class as his has been all season.

But on the way home I read my mates copy of the new Red Issue and discovered that he is actually shite and that he is also not faithful to his wife so I think we should sell him. United have a long tradition of players who are faithful to their partners - Best, Robson, Cantona, Beckham, Cole, Giggs... oh wait a minute.
Red Issue is shite. Confirmed

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:23 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Red Issue is shite. Confirmed
i've just posted the latest issue to hark, thats how bad it was

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:23 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
i've just posted the latest issue to hark, thats how bad it was

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:26 AM
marlo stansfield

always said he should be captain.

he has the respect of all the players and its always good to have a captin who can talk the talk and walk the walk as he is the best in his position in the world.

also like they way he talks to everyone and is really acting like a captain. after the game he went over to congratulate hargreaves and you just know this lad is our captain.

gary neville never was a captain. his all act seems ait put on and tbh his height and stature doesnt help at all

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Ed Sullivan

Will not happen until Nev has retired I'm afraid lads so maybe we can cut back on the 50 threads a week about it.

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Nero

Loved the fact he didn't want the players celebrating too much after we equalised. Was going out of his way to get everyone back up the pitch, thought he looked like a proper leader yesterday.

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Rhodzy

Braptain

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:36 AM
puressence

love how he organises xmas parties aswell ............ @#%&!

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:37 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Will not happen until Nev has retired I'm afraid lads so maybe we can cut back on the 50 threads a week about it.
OK Boss

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
OK Boss
No problemo.

Have you finished that letter?

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:38 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
love how he organises xmas parties aswell ............ @#%&!
If he carries on performing and acting the way he has this year he can organise the summer bbq, bonfire night, halloween party, xmas party and new years eve party every £#%&!ing year.

Hail Rio

ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
No problemo.

Have you finished that letter?
What letter?

dodger

Gary Nev is unlikely to be first choice next season so a Team captain, at least, will have to be found. Obviously and rightly it will be Ferdinand. They might let Neville keep a figurehead role as club captain I suppose.

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
What letter?
"Boss".

Oh nevermind.
Closed Thread