Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Kim Jong-il

I8Koppites returns.

Unread 28-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy
anyone got a pic of the Keane Red Legend banner ?
[IMG][/IMG]

Unread 28-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I appreciate he can do no wrong but I do remember people saying that it'd be bang out of order if Keane gave nothig of his testimonial money away and guess what? He didn't. He also has the cheek to criticise anyone who does.
How do you know he hasn't given any of that money away?? Has he come out and said that, because I don't recall him doing so. As far as i'm aware Keane's preferred charity which provides Guide Dogs for the Blind benefited considerably.

Personally I couldn't give a £#%&! about Keane the man, i'm interested in what he did on the football field.

He was the best.

He held the club to ransom over a wage yes, but would you have begrudged him that wage at the time?

Roy didn't get crucified by the fans due to the fact that no matter what he did off the pitch, when he crossed the white line he was head and shoulders above every @#%&! else. Rio is not.

Unread 28-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
That's it exactly. He played and cared the same as the fans do. Brilliant to watch a man with that much passion and desire together with great footballing ability. He wasn't Pele or Maradonna but he didn't need to be. His passing was flawless, his tackling was outstanding and he got up and down the pitch like a steam engine. A true role model for any young footballer regardless of the aggression and temper - that's what made him such a strong fighter and winner. I love him. So gutted he's not with us any more. Would love him to manage us one day.
100% spot on mate.

One of the very few players in this day and age that doesn't think all genuine football fans are stupid, fickle @#%&!s and realises the sacrifices we make to watch our team.

Absolute legend.

Unread 28-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
He was out for himself and himself alone.
Which is precisely why he was the player he was.

Unread 28-01-2007, 06:06 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
No coincidence that Ronaldo has come on leaps and bounds since Roy left.
Stop. Talking. Shit.
Closed Thread