Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Pop

Default Ronaldo - the fans love me

Quote:
Ronaldo expects warm welcome

United superstar unfazed ahead of return to action

Last updated: 15th September 2008

Cristiano Ronaldo believes his summer dalliances with Real Madrid will not affect his fans' favourite status.

The Manchester United star was consistently linked with the Spanish giants throughout the close season, with a muted record-breaking transfer thought to be in the pipeline.

However, the Portuguese superstar eventually committed his future to United and is set to spend the 2008/09 campaign at Old Trafford.

Ronaldo is currently undergoing rehabilitation following summer ankle surgery, but is tipped to make his return to action in the Red Devils' UEFA Champions League opener against Villarreal on Wednesday, live on Sky Sports 2.

Much will be expected of him following his goalscoring exploits of the past two seasons and he is aware that he will need to win over some sceptical supporters, who believe his heart is no longer with the club.

Ronaldo, though, insists he has no concerns as to the reception he will get from those who once idolised him.

"When put on the shirt, I give it my all," he said in The Sun.

"I'm already in the history of the club. When I play the fans will love me again."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...148377,00.html

Boooooooooooo! :shakehead:

Unread 15-09-2008, 10:23 AM
red red robbo

Do you work for a tabloid newspaper?

Unread 15-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Gruber

He's a silly @#%&! and should keep it shut.

But I for one will be glad he's back if he start to do his talking on the pitch. Had we been undefeated and banging in goals left right and centre then maybe I wouldn't be that arsed, but the thought of him back in the side right now is too good to overlook.

Unread 15-09-2008, 10:25 AM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Moron

Unread 15-09-2008, 10:27 AM
thatsfuctit

more of the goals that got you this please

Unread 15-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Spiffy

There's people on here who are going to sing Viva Ronaldo when he plays for us again. Where's the incentive to pretend you are loyal to United? Sometimes our club is an embarassment. The Geordies will have a bigger protest to get Keegan back than we could get to stop the club being plunged hundreds of millions of pounds of debt. Even the scousers care more for their club than we do ours. It seems as long as we keep winning people can do whatever they want whenever they want and we'll just keep taking it. I bet Tufty "Top lad in real life" is busy getting his Viva Ronaldo banner done as we type and Betty's Hotpot will be preparing his speech on behalf of everyone at OT welcoming him back.

Unread 15-09-2008, 10:34 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
There's people on here who are going to sing Viva Ronaldo when he plays for us again. Where's the incentive to pretend you are loyal to United? Sometimes our club is an embarassment. The Geordies will have a bigger protest to get Keegan back than we could get to stop the club being plunged hundreds of millions of pounds of debt. Even the scousers care more for their club than we do ours. It seems as long as we keep winning people can do whatever they want whenever they want and we'll just keep taking it. I bet Tufty "Top lad in real life" is busy getting his Viva Ronaldo banner done as we type and Betty's Hotpot will be preparing his speech on behalf of everyone at OT welcoming him back.

Unread 15-09-2008, 11:19 AM
puressence

betty has his duvet cover

Unread 15-09-2008, 11:20 AM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
betty has his duvet cover
I have a micky Phelan one, in his shorts.

Unread 15-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
you £#%&!ing clown.

Unread 15-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Sloane

i wont sing his name, i think hes a @#%&!, but i hope he does well on the pitch and i will cheer if he scores as its a goal for the team

Unread 15-09-2008, 12:42 PM
elhombre

Quote:
can't disagree with that.

Unread 15-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Zorg

The way the team played the other day is probably not the best antidote to his ballooning ego.

Unread 15-09-2008, 01:00 PM
naes_sean

I won't sing his name. Then again, who £#%&!ing cares as I will be at my house/pub 1000's of miles away.

Unread 15-09-2008, 01:05 PM
borsuk

i don't have any problem with anything ronnie has done this or last summer, nor did i find any of it particularly surprising or particularly interesting. no more and certainly no less than keane, wes, rio etc. have done in their time, though of course this time the media had a field day and most fans seemed incapable, for whatever reason, of keeping any kind of perspective.

the scholes of this world are few and far between, i'm afraid.

Unread 15-09-2008, 03:28 PM
TreeFiddy

Relying on a @#%&! who doesn't want to play for us... :shakehead:

Unread 15-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Relying on a @#%&! who doesn't want to play for us... :shakehead:
Didn't Roy Keane threaten to walk if he didn't get improved terms?

Don't we sing a ditty or three about the late George Best who walked out on United?

Unread 15-09-2008, 03:45 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Didn't Roy Keane threaten to walk if he didn't get improved terms?

Don't we sing a ditty or three about the late George Best who walked out on United?
True, but Keane wanted to stay...he just wanted more money & at the time he deserved it because he was the best midfielder in World Football.

Bestie was a one-off. He walked out on United for all sorts of personal reasons, but none of them were because he wanted to suck another Club's #@&%!.
Best famously said he could never play against United because of his love for the Club. Hence the reason he ended up all over the lower reaches of the game at Fulham, Hibs, non-League, America etc..

I know times change, but Ronaldo's attitude & behaviour this summer was pretty hard to stomach.
As fans you want to feel great about the previous season's triumphs, not be told that you're a stepping stone to another Club or that one of your top players has "taken us as far as we can go" etc..

Unread 15-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
True, but Keane wanted to stay...he just wanted more money & at the time he deserved it because he was the best midfielder in World Football.

Bestie was a one-off. He walked out on United for all sorts of personal reasons, but none of them were because he wanted to suck another Club's #@&%!.
Best famously said he could never play against United because of his love for the Club. Hence the reason he ended up all over the lower reaches of the game at Fulham, Hibs, non-League, America etc..

I know times change, but Ronaldo's attitude & behaviour this summer was pretty hard to stomach.
As fans you want to feel great about the previous season's triumphs, not be told that you're a stepping stone to another Club or that one of your top players has "taken us as far as we can go" etc..
Best clearly flirted with the whole Knightsbridge scene and admitted he was very tempted at the thought of playing for Chelsea.

Many United fans took a very dim view of the way Best acted towards United at the time.

You cannot tie genius in chains

And only those with a very blinkered and limited view of life would ever want to

Ronaldo would be right if he actually said that the fans will love him again once he's in the shirt

As for the comment that some on here will sing viva ronaldo, well too £#%&!ing right they will - me for one. But it will be a very small number, because let's face it, most of the people who post on here have been to OT a handful of times between them.

Unread 15-09-2008, 07:10 PM
J_RED

Quote:
Quote:
Ronaldo expects warm welcome

United superstar unfazed ahead of return to action

Last updated: 15th September 2008

Cristiano Ronaldo believes his summer dalliances with Real Madrid will not affect his fans' favourite status.

The Manchester United star was consistently linked with the Spanish giants throughout the close season, with a muted record-breaking transfer thought to be in the pipeline.

However, the Portuguese superstar eventually committed his future to United and is set to spend the 2008/09 campaign at Old Trafford.

Ronaldo is currently undergoing rehabilitation following summer ankle surgery, but is tipped to make his return to action in the Red Devils' UEFA Champions League opener against Villarreal on Wednesday, live on Sky Sports 2.

Much will be expected of him following his goalscoring exploits of the past two seasons and he is aware that he will need to win over some sceptical supporters, who believe his heart is no longer with the club.

Ronaldo, though, insists he has no concerns as to the reception he will get from those who once idolised him.

"When put on the shirt, I give it my all," he said in The Sun.

"[SIZE="6"]I'm already in [SIZE="6"]the history of the club. When I play the [SIZE="6"]fans will love me again."

yes now he thinks he is the fans he has gone too far this time
Closed Thread