United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:13 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Van Der Sar

I know there shit, and you might feel sorry for them because of that but will you stop giving them chances at Anfield.

Last season he wanted to get them back into the game and this season he did this.

Mad

Bad day..

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:15 PM
MUFC One Love

VDS won't be in the team come the end of the season.

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Darth Vidic

Hardly comes as a suprise though does it? Sometimes the mind boggles at some of the decisions he makes

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:20 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

He made alot of mistakes in the vital games last season especially Arsenal away...

He should have been more aggressive for there first goal.

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:32 PM
toseeunited

mistake for the newcastle goal, and BIG mistake today - not good. i think foster will get his chance this season, and if he does what he did last season derby away for example he will give himself a big shout for the #1 shirt next season...

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:35 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
mistake for the newcastle goal, and BIG mistake today - not good. i think foster will get his chance this season, and if he does what he did last season derby away for example he will give himself a big shout for the #1 shirt next season...
We cannot afford to be dropping points this season due to poor goalkeeping tho, and today we did that.

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:40 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
We cannot afford to be dropping points this season due to poor goalkeeping tho, and today we did that.
all players make mistakes, but when a keeper makes one 99 times out of 100 it ends up in a goal being conceded.

i agree though, mistakes are creaping into his game we need to get someone else in, but £#%&!ing about with the keeper mid season doesn't help anyone.

what's your thoughts on our future keeper?

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:53 PM
schnitzel

made the right decision in moscow though,

Is getting on and next season won't be there, but please try and include the great saves he has made,

3rd game in, don't let the opposition make you think the world is over.

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Darth Vidic

They aren't just creeping into his game though, he's been doing this since the back end of the 06/07 season (after getting his nose broken).

When a cross comes in I'm more suprised when he catches it properly than not.
The same with his kicking.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:09 PM
TreeFiddy

Don't write him off yet. Foster is a young keeper and is likely to make the odd mistake if brought into the team now. Let's just see how VDS comes back from this as he's unquestionably the best keeper we've had since the Great Dane and imo one of Fergie's best signings.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Darth Vidic

I would have thought after Anfield last season he would have looked at himself and tried to iron these things out. But a season on and he's still doing it.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Elsey

Someone said something similar in the other thread but I believe its true.

He's got the "Cech" factor. Took a couple of heavy bangs last season Keane broke his nose and now he's shit scared of putting his body on line.

Foster can't start quick enough for me.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:50 PM
magic_cantona

How far is Foster away from fitness?

Dont trust Kusczak either.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:55 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
How far is Foster away from fitness?

Dont trust Kusczak either.
he's fully fit now, full training etc

Unread 13-09-2008, 07:25 PM
JakeB

Foster made mistakes when at Watford, that he would have been slaughtered for on here.

Keepers £#%&! up from time to time, and so would Foster.

Unread 13-09-2008, 07:26 PM
jackth3lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
VDS won't be in the team come the end of the season.
i agree foster needs blooded

Unread 13-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
I would have thought after Anfield last season he would have looked at himself and tried to iron these things out. But a season on and he's still doing it.
And from that game at Anfield last season to this one, how many mistakes would you say he's made?

Unread 13-09-2008, 07:27 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Foster made mistakes when at Watford, that he would have been slaughtered for on here.

Keepers £#%&! up from time to time, and so would Foster.
I don't understand your point.

Unread 13-09-2008, 07:29 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I don't understand your point.
I don't understand why people are calling for Edwin to be dropped. He's a solid keeper as you'll get. All keepers make mistakes...doesnt mean they should be dropped straight away.

People are talking as if Foster would walk into the team and keep goal perfectly..which he'd need to do to be any significant improvement on van der Sar. He'd make mistakes like Edwin did today too..so I guess people on here would want him dropped too when he does.

Unread 13-09-2008, 07:30 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
And from that game at Anfield last season to this one, how many mistakes would you say he's made?
Exactly.

Knee-jerk %@#$&!s. I bet Edwin has made siginificantly less mistakes than nearly all keepers in the league during the last year.
Closed Thread