United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Sparky***

Default All this Ronaldo, Madrid, Queiroz rubbish has distracted from the real issue..

..this upcoming season and how £#%&!ing huge it is. The chance to be top dogs in our own country. Something which the club has been aiming towards for over 30 years. It should be burned into the brains of each and every one of our players just what this season means to the club. How much another title would be another dagger to the heart of the filth. To see their precious trophy haul advantage being slowly eroded away.

Unread 11-07-2008, 04:31 PM
wiganste

Absolutely.

Growing up in the 80's, it was beyond my wildest dreams to get anywhere near those £#%&!ers.

Unread 11-07-2008, 04:32 PM
MUFC One Love

It's gonna be hard to win a 3rd to make it 3 on the trot, but after the players experiences of winning the last 2 they will want that feeling again. Plus the squad is perfect really in terms of experience/age. Carrick, Rooney etc have won it twice. Anderson, Nani, Tevez etc have won it once so they'll want it again. Then 1-2 new signings probably won't have won it.

I think we'll do very well in Europe again tbh. The squad has broke down that 'semi final' barrier, and as mentioned they're with the good age of the squad the youngsters will fear nothing, the older ones have broke down the barrier.

Unread 11-07-2008, 04:34 PM
plopborsky

Do you lot want bad rep or something?????

Where the £#%&! is the doom ???

Unread 11-07-2008, 04:35 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's gonna be hard to win a 3rd to make it 3 on the trot, but after the players experiences of winning the last 2 they will want that feeling again. Plus the squad is perfect really in terms of experience/age. Carrick, Rooney etc have won it twice. Anderson, Nani, Tevez etc have won it once so they'll want it again. Then 1-2 new signings probably won't have won it.

I think we'll do very well in Europe again tbh. The squad has broke down that 'semi final' barrier, and as mentioned they're with the good age of the squad the youngsters will fear nothing, the older ones have broke down the barrier.

I think the main focus should be on the league. You're saying it's going to be difficult winning it 3 in a row. It's more do-able than winning back to back european cups, as (recent) history has proved.

This season for me, league > european cup

Unread 11-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Nice thought, but with Querioz gone and Ronaldo disrupting services, second place by 12points is most likely.

Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's gonna be hard to win a 3rd to make it 3 on the trot
Agreed. Two in a row consecutively to make it back-to-back was hard enough. Three is harder. It's one harder. Although it is made easier by winning the first two. Lose one of those, and your chance for 3 on the trot is gone.

MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I think the main focus should be on the league. You're saying it's going to be difficult winning it 3 in a row. It's more do-able than winning back to back european cups, as (recent) history has proved.

This season for me, league > european cup
I completely agree. The league is always my main focus tbh. I just meant it's gonna be hard (which it is) and I think we'll do well in Europe.

Winning 3 on the trot would be funny, considering it was the 'end of an era' a few years ago and the 'empire had crumbled'. Of course we have already proved that wrong, 2 titles and a European Cup, winning 3 on the trot would be funny though.

Unread 11-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Ether

I'd prefer to win old Big Ears. Equalling their league record would be nice, but being the first team to retain the Champions League would be sweeter for me. And we'd only be one away from their 5.

Unread 11-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Spiffy

European Cup>Premier League.

We can win the league when we need to, the EC is the big one. Look at the giddyness of us this close season. No one is suggesting we're better than Real because we won the league, it's because we won the EC.

Unread 11-07-2008, 04:48 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
european cup>premier league.

We can win the league when we need to, the ec is the big one. Look at the giddyness of us this close season. No one is suggesting we're better than real because we won the league, it's because we won the ec.
yhgr

Unread 11-07-2008, 04:49 PM
wiganste

The buzz from winning the champions league was far greater than winning the league.

But I want to beat the scouse @#%&!s domestic record. £#%&! it, we'll win the double again

Unread 11-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Spiffy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
yhgr
cheers mate. I've returned the favour.

Unread 11-07-2008, 04:52 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Agreed. Two in a row consecutively to make it back-to-back was hard enough. Three is harder. It's one harder. Although it is made easier by winning the first two. Lose one of those, and your chance for 3 on the trot is gone.

Unread 11-07-2008, 04:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I'd prefer to win old Big Ears. Equalling their league record would be nice, but being the first team to retain the Champions League would be sweeter for me. And we'd only be one away from their 5.
Agreed.

Unread 11-07-2008, 04:59 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Wow. I see what you did there.

Unread 11-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
European Cup>Premier League.

We can win the league when we need to, the EC is the big one. Look at the giddyness of us this close season. No one is suggesting we're better than Real because we won the league, it's because we won the EC.
Taking for granted much?

2003-2007 wasn't that long ago you know. I want that 18th title asap.

I agree with you and ether that the european cup is the ultimate, the pinnacle. Nothing will compare with what happened on that night in moscow. Hell, i've hardly bothered to watch the game at Wigan since we won it.

And if you asked me, hand on heart, i'd take the european cup every day. But next season is still huge for the history of this club.

Unread 11-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Serenity Now

Have to say, I'd be absolutely £#%&!ing delighted with either one. Becoming the first club to retain the Champions League or winning three league titles in a row to equal the dippers. Really, what more could you ask for? In fact, in terms of on the pitch activities, I think it has the potential to be one of the most important seasons in the history of the club.

Unread 11-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Taking for granted much?

2003-2007 wasn't that long ago you know. I want that 18th title asap.

I agree with you and ether that the european cup is the ultimate, the pinnacle. Nothing will compare with what happened on that night in moscow. Hell, i've hardly bothered to watch the game at Wigan since we won it.

And if you asked me, hand on heart, i'd take the european cup every day. But next season is still huge for the history of this club.

I know this is controversial but I believe that we would not have had that barren spell had Fergie not been distracted with his horses. As soon as he knuckled down, we won the league again.

Unread 11-07-2008, 05:13 PM
magic_cantona

The league will be even harder this season, simply because of the upheavel and negativity (caused by one @#%&!) in our own camp.

It's the reason I want him out and new players in.Do that, and I think we'll be ok.
Closed Thread