United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2008, 11:38 AM
marlo stansfield

Default i had a feeling ronaldo would miss that penalty.

i just knew it was going over...

it was something about the way he looked before the penalty and for some reason the penallty spot looked miles away from the goal.....

Unread 24-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Whalefish

It certainly was awful.

BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield

it was something about the way he looked before the penalty and for some reason the penallty spot looked miles away from the goal.....
my old man said as soon as it was given. Let Hargreaves take it, give the ball to Hargreaves. I knew it wouldn't happen, but deep down in my heart I also knew the Cougar would have buried it.

Why Don?

I thought he would miss but only because it seemed an absolute eternity before the ref blew.

He didn't sky it though, it went wide didn't it?

Unread 24-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
my old man said as soon as it was given. Let Hargreaves take it, give the ball to Hargreaves. I knew it wouldn't happen, but deep down in my heart I also knew the Cougar would have buried it.
He would have buried it so far down, The Undertaker and Paul Bearer would have been impressed.

Didn't The Cougar bury a penalty against Portugal in the WC when every other England player crapped it?

TC - he is the Top Cat indeed

Unread 24-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield

thanks Marlo, feel a lot better about the miss knowing that you suspected there was trouble in the offing.

Any more pearls of wisdom this morning?

Unread 24-04-2008, 11:54 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
He would have buried it so far down, The Undertaker and Paul Bearer would have been impressed.

Didn't The Cougar bury a penalty against Portugal in the WC when every other England player crapped it?

TC - he is the Top Cat indeed
He was shackled at right back, it was almost like watching a gracious tiger in a zoo. Still he took one hell of a knock from one of the gringo bastards and got up and on with it like a beast. I think he was still our most influential player, by the very fact his influence was taken away from him, and C.O.M by a long way!

Unread 24-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Rhodzy

I had a feeling you would make this thread.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:07 PM
keano's love

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:08 PM
puressence

i was convinced he had actually hit the post

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:09 PM
keano's love

me too.

Then when i saw slow-mo, i realised he hit the post behind the goal.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:10 PM
MJ Ramone

I thought you had planned to arrive 8 minutes into the game??

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:10 PM
MUFC One Love

I knew he was going to miss. It was so early in the game and it was to good to be true. Would have been a very different game had it gone in. I have got a feeling we'll pay for not scoring out there as well.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:12 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I thought you had planned to arrive 8 minutes into the game??
1 minute before the game.

Although by that time gray and parry had started their drivel.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Ed Sullivan

It's because he's shit.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:16 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
1 minute before the game.

Although by that time gray and parry had started their drivel.
I was talking to Vio!

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:20 PM
gigo

Don't know why Ronny changed his usual approach to taking a pen.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:22 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I was talking to Vio!

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigo
Don't know why Ronny changed his usual approach to taking a pen.
It was early in the game and hardly had a touch, I thought he would miss it.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:29 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default wise after the event %@#$&!s

i had a feeling that id had this feeling before but I couldnt remember when - it turned out to be deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
Closed Thread