United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Fountz

Angry Really hope we get the Scousers ! *

Everyone else capitulates.. We would'nt, we'd beat them both home and away ! ..Why ? ..because we're better, particuarly when Fergie's up for it and focused.. which he would be..

They need dumping out and we're the team to do it.

* [SIZE="1"]Mentioned this before, but can't find the thread.

EDIT: The one team I don't want is Barcelona.. Obviously we're capable of beating them.. but Fergie would build them up and tinker..

Unread 12-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Imagine getting knocked out though?

Anyway I reckon we should be able to beat any one left in Europe if the right team is picked*

*Dropping Glory Boy Ronaldo might be a start.

Unread 12-03-2008, 10:29 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Imagine getting knocked out though?

Anyway I reckon we should be able to beat any one left in Europe if the right team is picked*

*Dropping Glory Boy Ronaldo might be a start.
That's the reason I don't want to be anywhere near those @#%&!s.

IF they did beat us, it would be unbearable.

Unread 12-03-2008, 10:34 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

on paper yes.....we should £#%&! them

but the luck those @#%&!s have in this competition

we'd have Rio n Vidic out injured for the first leg

Ronnie n Roo out suspended for the second leg

and it would end up going to £#%&!in penalties

Unread 12-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Mr_Ed

We will do better against a British team...

Getting Barcelona is possibly the worst thing that could happen to us. We will bottle it like we always do against the big teams.

Unread 12-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
That's the reason I don't want to be anywhere near those @#%&!s.

IF they did beat us, it would be unbearable.
OK so we don't play em' ..we draw a non english side ..Fergie messes around and we go out.. meanwhile Liverpool go all the way to another final.. "six of the best" etc etc.. just imagine it "The Reds in Red Square.." ...the Russian hats

Or we avoid them and meet them in the final at Moscow.. They're far more likely to scab it over one game.. then how would you feel ? What would be worse, losing to them in Quarters or the Final..

Nobody else will put them out, but over two legs we'd beat them.. now imagine how satisfied you feel !

Unread 12-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Serenity Now

I'd really fancy us to knock them out over two legs, much more than any other team left in the competition, but the stress of playing them in the semis would still be almost impossible to take. So it would have to be in the quarters. Of course, there's always the risk that we could lose, and that would be very, very hard to swallow, but it would still be better than facing them in the semis or - God forbid - in Moscow...

Unread 12-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
We will do better against a British team...

Getting Barcelona is possibly the worst thing that could happen to us. We will bottle it like we always do against the big teams.

concur.

Unread 12-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

The sad thing is you would fancy liverpool to knock out Barca, with their ultra defensive capabilities and Barca's shit defense.
But you wouldn't be any where near as confident if United got Barca. You'd have Rooney up front on his own chasing shadows because he'd pack the midfield out of it.

Unread 12-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
The sad thing is you would fancy liverpool to knock out Barca, with their ultra defensive capabilities and Barca's shit defense. But you wouldn't be any where near as confident if United got Barca.
Unfortunately, I think I'd have to agree with that. I would make them prohibitive favourites against Barca.

Unread 12-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Fountz

Quote:
The sad thing is you would fancy liverpool to knock out Barca, with their ultra defensive capabilities and Barca's shit defense.
But you wouldn't be any where near as confident if United got Barca. You'd have Rooney up front on his own chasing shadows because he'd pack the midfield out of it.
Exactly.. surely the days of being in awe of another European Giant should be in the past.. the fact that four of the eight teams on the quarters are English should indicate that we don't need to mess around.. just play Barcelona as you would Liverpool Arsenal or Chelsea..

..but I still here stock phrases from Fergie like.. ..in Europe it's fatal of you give the ball away.. as if it's still something completely different..

It's cup football.. plain and simple.

Unread 12-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Barca '91

We'd beat any of the english sides in it because they're the only teams left in it that give the ball away as much as we do.

Unread 12-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Fountz

meanwhile, at the end of the East Lancs the same discussion is taking place..

http://forums.lfconline.com/showthread.php?t=67057

Don't think they're as keen on the idea.

Unread 12-03-2008, 12:03 PM
wee man

If we have to play them then the earlier we play them the better. YSBs are always fresher towards the end of the season as they make this their priority - just look at last year when we finished the season as a very tired team. Rather avoid them totally but rather play them in the 1/4s if we have to.

Unread 12-03-2008, 12:50 PM
The Watcher

I really hope we get the wall pushing @#%&!s. They'd be the biggest games English football has ever seen. The chance for glory is worth the risk of defeat

Unread 12-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Harri Jaffa

Everyone is forgetting how bad Liverpool are against teams that defend against them first before coming to attack

I think Liverpool would go out to a team like Schalke

Unread 12-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Pete's Shoes

I really think their players freeze when they play us now. The last few games against them have been a stroll. I think we would @#%&! them. Bring em on I say

Unread 12-03-2008, 01:00 PM
marlo stansfield

the english team that imo will knock us out over two legs would be chelsea.

Unread 12-03-2008, 01:17 PM
dodger

Let's have Schalke for this round. The others can kick lumps out of each other until the semis.

Unread 12-03-2008, 01:18 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
the english team that imo will knock us out over two legs would be chelsea.
They're signing Ibrahimovic for next season apparently. They need a natural finisher.
Closed Thread