United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2008, 04:46 PM
louis Cipher

Default Rio and Nani last night

Did anybody else notice these two on camera at the end of the match? Rio seemed to be having a right go at Nani about something, who didn't look happy. What was that about?

Unread 05-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis Cipher
Did anybody else notice these two on camera at the end of the match? Rio seemed to be having a right go at Nani about something, who didn't look happy. What was that about?
I think rio was saying he should have taken the ball into the corner right at the end when he had it.

Unread 05-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Barca '91

No, it was Nani incessant desire to give Lyon the ball every time he had it in the last 5 minutes instead of holding on to it.

Unread 05-03-2008, 04:51 PM
dunk

Rio doing the Captains job ad giving the young players a %@#$&!ing for over indulging themselves at the wrong time. Another example of why he should be Club Captain forthwith.

Nani likes an argument though doesn't he, Pique (allegedly), Hargreaves (allegedly) and now Rio to my knowledge, and that's just his teammates

Unread 05-03-2008, 04:52 PM
louis Cipher

Oh, OK. I wonder what language they were communicating in? One of them can barely speak English and the other is Portugese.

Unread 05-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Rio doing the Captains job ad giving the young players a %@#$&!ing for over indulging themselves at the wrong time. Another example of why he should be Club Captain forthwith.

Nani likes an argument though doesn't he, Pique (allegedly), Hargreaves (allegedly) and now Rio to my knowledge, and that's just his teammates
Has the potential to be a great player, but seems a bit big for his boots for one so young and inexperienced.

I presumed Rio was giving him a talking too about his failure to track Grosso whenever he got forward. Left Brown a bit exposed towards the end.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Has the potential to be a great player, but seems a bit big for his boots for one so young and inexperienced.
Don't think there's any doubt about that. In fact, his ego and the effect it had on his performance level was one of the key issues raised against him when he was at Sporting (the other principal one was his decision making). I suspect that Fergie saw signs of this tendency earlier this season, and that was one of the reasons he decided to take Nani out of the first-team fold for a while.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Part 36 Offer

I tell what would be good though...Lets all slate the £#%&!er at every opportunity we get. Lets create divisions between players that don't exist to back up our assertions. Why would we want a young player who has the potential to be great?

Anyway arrogance is definitely not a trait that pervades our first team squad (and football in general) so lets sell the greedy little @#%&!.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:09 PM
1MUFC

I really don't give a £#%&! what it was about

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
i agree tbh.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I tell what would be good though...Lets all slate the £#%&!er at every opportunity we get. Lets create divisions between players that don't exist to back up our assertions. Why would we want a young player who has the potential to be great?

Anyway arrogance is definitely not a trait that pervades our first team squad (and football in general) so lets sell the greedy little @#%&!.
Who is slating him? The boy is gifted. His attitude isn't the best though. Sorry is my observations offend you, although you do seem like a hyper-sensitive so and so.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:16 PM
louis Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
Then why click on the link, read it, and bother to respond? Read something else instead.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
i agree tbh.

One minute an impassioned rant, the next you claim not to care.

Bizarre.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Who is slating him? The boy is gifted. His attitude isn't the best though. Sorry is my observations offend you, although you do seem like a hyper-sensitive so and so.
nah not hyper sensitive at all and i wasnt having a go at you per se but the same thing that happened to Ronaldo at first is happening to him. I have no problem with your observations, that's your right and your opinion. I am just rather tired of the fault finding process that is going on re Nani. It's like people are still searching for that perfect player - someone with talent and NO weaknesses or bad points whatsoever. He has been at the club for 6 months ffs. Plus I think i have feelings for him.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
One minute an impassioned rant, the next you claim not to care.

Bizarre.
not really tbh, i was saying i couldnt give 2 £#%&!s what it was about. It was something or nothing. I was merely complaining about the serial moaning about Nani. I don't like to agree with 1MUFC either so it was a rather unfortunate episode.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis Cipher
Oh, OK. I wonder what language they were communicating in? One of them can barely speak English and the other is Portugese.
I'm guessing you started the thread with this line in mind.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
nah not hyper sensitive at all and i wasnt having a go at you per se but the same thing that happened to Ronaldo at first is happening to him. I have no problem with your observations, that's your right and your opinion. I am just rather tired of the fault finding process that is going on re Nani. It's like people are still searching for that perfect player - someone with talent and NO weaknesses or bad points whatsoever. He has been at the club for 6 months ffs. Plus I think i have feelings for him.
It's not about trying to find fault. He is a very talented player, but his recent attitude appears to have concerned a few people on here. The fact that his attitude, if unchecked, may serve to hinder him in realising his potential is the most concerning aspect.

His confidence could be one of his attributes, if channeled correctly. I have in mind his goals against Boro and Spurs, as well as his piss-taking against Arsenal. You need confidence as well as ability to execute skills like that.

However, if his confidence is such that he sulks when subbed, sulks when not allowed to take free-kicks, and sulks when given a talking to by our captain I fear that he may end up a right tosser. Thus I think for his good, and United's, Fergie should be having a quiet word in his ear, presumably using Carlos as translator.

There is no such thing as a perfect player, and until the day that there is, fans will continue to criticise* as well as praise them as and when each is required.

*Although I still don't see this thread as inherently critical, merely observational.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Rossi the Red

How many of you lot in this thread play/played football before?

I was just wondering because your all worried about an argument on a football pitch...just baffling me a bit.

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Is that you Mum?

Unread 05-03-2008, 05:48 PM
legendary saf

I think it's encouraging, and I agree with dunk about Rio.

He's got to keep that captains armband.
Closed Thread