United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-02-2008, 09:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Fulham - The Official Thread

I know there'll be a certain amount of second guessing going on with Tuesday in mind but I reckon we should just pick a team to beat Fulham and maybe tinker a bit on Tuesday if anyone looks tired. Anyway, I'm going with this:-

VDS
Wes
Vidic
Rio
Senegalese Superman
Ronnie
Anderson
Carrick
Nani
Tevez
Rooney

Unread 29-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Kim Jong-il

--------------VDS
Brown-----Rio-----Vidic------Evra
Fletcher---Hargreaves-Scholes--Giggs
----------Teves----Rooney

For Fulham.

--------------VDS
Ronaldo---Anderson-Carrick--Nani

For Lyon IMHO

Unread 29-02-2008, 09:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

I £#%&!in' hope you're wrong about Fulham, I never want to see Fletcher playing wide again, he cannot play there and is a liability when he does. Not sure you need to change the entire midfield between the two games either.

Unread 29-02-2008, 09:50 AM
puressence

team

1 vdv
2 @#%&!kite
3 oshea
4 @#%&!ychops
5 vidic
6 park
7 carrick
8 feltcher
9 saha
10 rooney
11 ronaldo

Unread 29-02-2008, 09:52 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
--------------VDS

For Fulham.

--------------VDS

For Lyon IMHO

I'd almost agree with that...spot on RE Lyon imo but i'd like to see fletcher in the middle on saturday, i'll never be his biggest fan but whilst he's playing well and against a shite team its good to be giving Anderson a rest!

Unread 29-02-2008, 09:55 AM
MUFC One Love

We cannot afford to drop points 'resting' players maybe the odd 1-2 where we have good players to replace them but that's it. We're not going to win The European Cup with Fergies away tactics so we need to stay in the title race.

Arsenal may drop points to Villa.

Unread 29-02-2008, 10:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
We cannot afford to drop points 'resting' players maybe the odd 1-2 where we have good players to replace them but that's it. We're not going to win The European Cup with Fergies away tactics so we need to stay in the title race.

Arsenal may drop points to Villa.
Exactly, we have a history of £#%&!ing about with our team down at Fulham and dropping points. I also can't see the point of making too many changes, yes we've a big game on Tuesday but players can play 2 games in 3 days, after all at least 7 or 8 will.

Unread 29-02-2008, 10:05 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Exactly, we have a history of £#%&!ing about with our team down at Fulham and dropping points. I also can't see the point of making too many changes, yes we've a big game on Tuesday but players can play 2 games in 3 days, after all at least 7 or 8 will.
Also we've got Pompey next week in the Cup.

He can rest a few then, we should have enough to beat them, then there will be a 7 day break won't there? So some players effectively after Lyon could have a very good break.

Unread 29-02-2008, 10:05 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

I'm unusually confident about Fulham this time, mainly due to them being shite

Unread 29-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
--------------VDS

For Fulham.

--------------VDS

For Lyon IMHO
SAF will pick them the other way around.

I'd rather not see Hargreaves and Scholes in the same midfield.

Unread 29-02-2008, 10:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Also we've got Pompey next week in the Cup.

He can rest a few then, we should have enough to beat them, then there will be a 7 day break won't there? So some players effectively after Lyon could have a very good break.
Yes and to be honest, our midfieders have all been rested recently anyway, can't really see why this has to continue in every game.

Unread 29-02-2008, 10:08 AM
MUFC One Love

Fulham:

VDS

Brown
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
Scholes
Nani

Rooney
Saha

Lyon:

VDS

Brown
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
Anderson
Nani

Rooney
Tevez

Unread 29-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Fulham:

VDS

Brown
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
Scholes
Nani

Rooney
Saha

Lyon:

VDS

Brown
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
Anderson
Nani

Rooney
Tevez
I like those teams. What are the chances of SAF dropping Giggs for both though? Zilch.

Unread 29-02-2008, 10:09 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Yes and to be honest, our midfieders have all been rested recently anyway, can't really see why this has to continue in every game.
Spot on. Hargreaves has hardly played, Carrick has criminally been dropped and will be very fresh, Scholes has been out for a while so is fresh and Anderson hasn't played a lot of football recently. We haven't had a midfielder who has played constantly, which is one of our problems, we need to get it more settled in the midfield and we'll win the league.

I see no problems with starting the same midfield 2-3 for the next 4 games tbh.

Unread 29-02-2008, 10:11 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I like those teams. What are the chances of SAF dropping Giggs for both though? Zilch.
I'll be wrong with both teams, but Bedders usually says its the team you want to play. Fergies teams will be completely different. We need to see a big display from Hargreaves against a lower side. As bizarre as it sounds I've only see him do it against the good teams, I want him to do it against lower teams, obviously it's harder with his style 'cos against lower teams we have a lot of the ball and that isn't one of his strong points.

Unread 29-02-2008, 10:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Spot on. Hargreaves has hardly played, Carrick has criminally been dropped and will be very fresh, Scholes has been out for a while so is fresh and Anderson hasn't played a lot of football recently. We haven't had a midfielder who has played constantly, which is one of our problems, we need to get it more settled in the midfield and we'll win the league.

I see no problems with starting the same midfield 2-3 for the next 4 games tbh.
Absolutely and as you say, he can always tinker against Pompey if he wants.

Unread 29-02-2008, 10:54 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I know there'll be a certain amount of second guessing going on with Tuesday in mind but I reckon we should just pick a team to beat Fulham and maybe tinker a bit on Tuesday if anyone looks tired. Anyway, I'm going with this:-

VDS
Wes
Vidic
Rio
Senegalese Superman
Ronnie
Anderson
Carrick
Nani
Tevez
Rooney
Strongest available, yup, I'd go with that.

Get a couple of goals, THEN start resting players.We can't take any chances now.

Unread 29-02-2008, 11:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Strongest available, yup, I'd go with that.

Get a couple of goals, THEN start resting players.We can't take any chances now.
I'd consider bringing in Hargo for Nani for Lyon and not much else.

Unread 29-02-2008, 11:17 AM
keano's love

Scholes and giggs are nailed on to feature in this... words of "experience, knowing what it takes in title run in" are expected from Fergie. tbh, he will find it difficult to drop giggs and scholes for 4 matches continously ( I am taking their substitution in lyon game as dropping ) cos I think he will go with hargreaves, carrick and anderson in midfield against lyon.

Saha is nailed on for this one me thinks with rooney for the chop.

so,
VDS
brown,vidic,rio,shite,
ronaldo,scholes,hargreaves,giggs
saha,tevez

Unread 29-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Kim Jong-il

Fulham are awful, we can beat them with my team.
Closed Thread