United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-02-2008, 09:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default I've no sympathy for Arsenal.

Obviously i feel sorry for Eduardo himself, you never wish a career threatening injury on anyone but as for Arsenal, well after their attemts to "do" Nani last week I have to say. You reap what you sow.

Unread 25-02-2008, 09:15 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

If I read the arsenal manager correctly then if a player is insolent to you you have a right to react physically to it but if a player trys to play the ball with one footed from a standing start but causes an injury then he should get a life ban.
Good to know there are no mixed messages from there then.

Unread 25-02-2008, 09:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Yup, amazingly he actually saw this incident too. As to his apology, no Arsene, you didn't say it in the heat of the moment. You said it in the heat of the moment then continued saying it for 4 hours after. You only apologised after you realised that the press weren't supporting your hypocritical rant.

Unread 25-02-2008, 09:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

By the way, there are some signs that all is not well at the unstoppable force that is Arsenal that caused all that self flagellation on here last week. For a start their captain is acting like a total and utter clown. Also there is still obviously a major problem between Adebayor and Bentner and it cost them 2 points oin Satdee. As I said after city, it's way too early for writing off out title challemnge.

Unread 25-02-2008, 09:24 AM
mark o

On current form Arsenal may struggle to beat Aston Villa next week.

Unread 25-02-2008, 09:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark o
On current form Arsenal may struggle to beat Aston Villa next week.
Amazing, it was only 2 weeks ago that there was no way they'd drop another point all season?

Unread 25-02-2008, 09:29 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

I heard that Adebayor has been telling Bentner he is shit and getting on his back for every mistake for a while now and even decided to headbutt him during their capitulation to Spurs in the Rumbalows cup. If I were their manager I would look at the bullying in my team and not blaming everyone else for my players mistakes.

That said the ref had a shocker in the birmingham game and made desicisions based on player reaction and not on the game. Taylor should not have been sent off, the challenge was a yellow card at most but the nature of the injury and the arsenal players reactions made him produce red (with something of a florish I might add). The penalty was not a penalty but Clichy looked so guilty after his mistake thatit was goven, the free kick for a goal was a soft free kick and generally a stinker was had by all.

Unread 25-02-2008, 09:34 AM
mark o

The penalty desicion (that was given) looked like a penalty and I reckon most referees would have given it. The penalty Arsenal should have had seconds earlier was a worse desicion.

Not that I'm complaining though.

Unread 25-02-2008, 09:36 AM
d_knight

what pisses me off is how they can get away with it time & time again (same for the scouse bastards) and then have the media & neutrals £#%&! over their 'exciting free-flowing attacking football' all the time.

and guess what? with this eduardo thing - although i do honestly feel sorry for the lad - everyone is now siding with whenger & the arse, even some so-called united fans.

"Stop clutching at straws. Wenger has already come out and retrated his words from yesterday ffs."

"What do you expect him to say when one of his strikers just had is £#%&!ing leg broken?"

"Eduardo's injury was caused by a a tackle, not a football. This is just another opportunity to have a pop at a rival manager."

Unread 25-02-2008, 10:13 AM
wiganste

He'll play again so £#%&! him. It must be hard sitting at home with millions in the bank, still getting paid for doing £#%&! all eh?

I can't believe anyone can be surprised at Wengers comments. Everytime something goes wrong with them he comes out with a beaut.

And as for bad referee decisions. Shouldn't Arsenals equaliser have been a foul? Swings & roundabouts.

Unread 25-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Rhodzy

That penalty was hilarious, wtf was Clichy doing.

Unread 25-02-2008, 10:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Anyone got a link to it and Gallas idiotic reaction?

Unread 25-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Zorg

When Adebayor went through and refused to pass it to Bendtner, who would have had a simple tap-in....well I just wanted to say it was absolutely £#%&!ing hilarious

Unread 25-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Zorg

Quote:
I know, what was that about? It wasn't a foul though.

Unread 25-02-2008, 10:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
When Adebayor went through and refused to pass it to Bendtner, who would have had a simple tap-in....well I just wanted to say it was absolutely £#%&!ing hilarious
There is a total lack of leadership at that club.

Unread 25-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Rumour is that they hate each other, with Adebayor constantly telling Bender how shit he is.

Unread 25-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
There is a total lack of leadership at that club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Rumour is that they hate each other, with Adebayor constantly telling Bender how shit he is.
Tbh I'm surprised Wenger seems unable to manage the situation.
Cole and Sheringham hated each other but Fergie got them in and told them to be professional. You can't get on with all your colleagues but as long as you don't let it affect your performance it doesn't matter.

Those two at Arsenal are like a pair of petulant kids....and so is Gallas...and Wenger....there's a pattern here isn't there?

Unread 25-02-2008, 10:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Tbh I'm surprised Wenger seems unable to manage the situation.
Cole and Sheringham hated each other but Fergie got them in and told them to be professional. You can't get on with all your colleagues but as long as you don't let it affect your performance it doesn't matter.

Those two at Arsenal are like a pair of petulant kids....and so is Gallas...and Wenger....there's a pattern here isn't there?
Fergie had Keane as his captain though. Wenger indulges his players far too much and then has a captain who's acting like a £#%&!ing lunatic.

Unread 25-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Rhodzy

I still reckon arsenal will win the league though despite whats been happening.

Unread 25-02-2008, 10:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I still reckon arsenal will win the league though despite whats been happening.
Fair enough. I think United have a really good chance personally. We seem to have got over the horrorshow against siddy with 3 good results. the lead is back to a manageable 3 points and Arse still have to play us and Chelsea away. They also now are a bit lacking up front at least until Van Persie returns. I think it'll be close but I do think United can do it.
Closed Thread