United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2008, 11:36 AM
El Calafate

Default Vidic should of signed for Liverpool

£#%&! me, he does like a back pass doesn't he?

nft.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Harri Jaffa

He was bossed by Benzema last night

One of only 2 times i've seen him panic when a striker gets the ball.

When someone is as strong as him and fast, he don't like it.

Mind you to be fair, Rio wasn't at the races (again) either

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Rhodzy

Rio and Vida were both not at the races last night, Evra and Brown did pretty well though.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Rio and Vida were both not at the races last night, Evra and Brown did pretty well though.
Thought Brown had a pretty good game. Evra was top notch.

Their goal came because Hargreaves and Anderson both got sucked over to the right,leaving a massive gap in the midfield.

No real blame on the defenders for the goal, but Rio and Vidic could have made the game much more comfortable by keeping their heads a bit more

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:16 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Thought Brown had a pretty good game. Evra was top notch.

Their goal came because Hargreaves and Anderson both got sucked over to the right,leaving a massive gap in the midfield.

No real blame on the defenders for the goal, but Rio and Vidic could have made the game much more comfortable by keeping their heads a bit more
where was our 3rd midfielder? nft.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:18 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
where was our 3rd midfielder? nft.

you're a @#%&!.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:21 PM
MUFC One Love

What amazed me was we played a 3 man midfield yet there was no protection to the back 4 and no support for the attackers. What was the point of the 3 man midfield? They was walking through our midfield or it was just emptying so quick.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Whalefish

They didn't really walk through our midfield a great deal though. In terms of actually threatening our goal it was a handful of times if that.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:26 PM
magic_cantona

It's like we got battered last night.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:26 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
What amazed me was we played a 3 man midfield yet there was no protection to the back 4 and no support for the attackers. What was the point of the 3 man midfield? They was walking through our midfield or it was just emptying so quick.
very good question.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It's like we got battered last night.
I must have watched a completely different game. As were the commentators when they said time and time again how organised both sides were and difficult to break down. Which they - and we - were.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:30 PM
puressence

ffs lyon had about one chance and a couple of freekicks

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:34 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I must have watched a completely different game. As were the commentators when they said time and time again how organised both sides were and difficult to break down. Which they - and we - were.
But we didn't win 12-0!

Disaster!

And it was all Hargreves' fault, the @#%&!!

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
You chat some shit kid

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:36 PM
MUFC One Love

I disagree. First 20 minutes we looked very shakey. And throughout the game they'd get through our midfield so easily, with a 3 man midfield that should not happen. I remember at one point they had 3 men on Evra.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:40 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
You chat some shit kid
Er...yeah. The fact that every time their defender headed it away there was no one picking it up from deep, even Rooney threw his arms up sometimes asking where they were, then in the next second they'd get men behind our midfield so easily The problem is you had Scholes deep than Hargreaves, Anderson hasn't added driving runs/goals to his game yet and Hargreaves doing the job Scholes was trying to do.

I'm sorry but Lyon are nothing special, when we went forward we looked like scoring every time, if we had shown more intent last night we could have score a few. If Fergie's like this with Lyon is it any wonder we get knocked out off the first big team we come up against.

1 win in our last 7 knock out away games, 6 of them defeats. That's not good enough.

Yes we had a lot of the ball and both teams matched each other in their set up, but why are we doing that against Lyon, we looked dangerous any time we went forward we could have beat them comfortably.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:41 PM
puressence

Quote:
Er...yeah. The fact that every time their defender headed it away there was no one picking it up from deep, even Rooney threw his arms up sometimes asking where they were, then in the next second they'd get men behind our midfield so easily The problem is you had Scholes deep than Hargreaves, Anderson hasn't added driving runs/goals to his game yet and Hargreaves doing the job Scholes was trying to do.

I'm sorry but Lyon are nothing special, when we went forward we looked like scoring every time, if we had shown more intent last night we could have score a few. If Fergie's like this with Lyon is it any wonder we get knocked out off the first big team we come up against.

1 win in our last 7 knock out away games, 6 of them defeats. That's not good enough.

Yes we had a lot of the ball and both teams matched each other in their set up, but why are we doing that against Lyon, we looked dangerous any time we went forward we could have beat them comfortably.
your facts on the last results are wrong btw

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
I disagree. First 20 minutes we looked very shakey. And throughout the game they'd get through our midfield so easily, with a 3 man midfield that should not happen. I remember at one point they had 3 men on Evra.
We were under a bit of pressure in the first 20mins, to be expected. But it was far from a nervous opening or a shakey performance. Like I said I'll hold my hands up, I must of watched a completely diffierent game to you and a few others becuase I don't recall them walking through our midfield so easily. Their goal came out of nowhere and other than that they were restricted to a few shots from distance.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
We were under a bit of pressure in the first 20mins, to be expected. But it was far from a nervous opening or a shakey performance. Like I said I'll hold my hands up, I must of watched a completely diffierent game to you and a few others becuase I don't recall them walking through our midfield so easily. Their goal came out of nowhere and other than that they were restricted to a few shots from distance.
We watched the same game.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:46 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
your facts on the last results are wrong btw
Which?

I seen it briefly on SSN in the gym before the game.

Madrid 03 - Loss
Porto 04- Loss
Milan 05- Loss
Lille 07 - Won
Roma 07 - Loss
Milan 07 - Loss
Lyon 08 - Draw

Something like that off the top of my head.
Closed Thread