United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Lazarus

Default Ronaldo = shit and overrated

he is a show pony. he never passes and loses us possession. if madrid want to pay 20 million for him i'd snap their hands off.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Father Christmas

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:04 PM
jem

Default fletch

is united's most improved player.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Spiffy

At the end of last season people were saying Ronaldo hasn't improved to the levels we needed him to. Then he went to world cup and knocked England out and came back the best/2nd best in the Premiership. Rooney will improve and overtake him in my opinion, imagine what we'll be like then?

If Glazer cashes in on either I will personally murder every single person who said they would fight from within. Hopefully he'll realise he's worth more in the shirt than on the transfer market.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:09 PM
armchair

always play your best 11 every game no matter what.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:12 PM
chorleyred

the great thing about ronny is he usually plays far better after christmas.

we don't want to become over reliant on him imo, the rest of the squad need to take some of the responsibility off him

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:14 PM
puressence

ronaldo > than utds first 11

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:18 PM
poppy

By the end of their respective careers, both van Persie and Rooney will be regarded as being better players than Ronaldo.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:18 PM
koppas

Our most important player, easily.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:19 PM
chorleyred

unfortunately or fortunately whichever way you look at it, that is the case in this purple patch of his.

hence me hoping that we don't just come to rely on him. we need to pass the responsibility around the squad, so when ronaldo isn't there, or doesn't have a good game, the team still performs

at this moment we couldn't replace him with a blank cheque, he's as good as anything in the world at this moment in time, and long may it continue

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:20 PM
koppas

And he looks as if he is enjoying playing for us too which is even better. Always smiling which is good to see.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:21 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
By the end of their respective careers, both van Persie and Rooney will be regarded as being better players than Ronaldo.

well rooney hasn't been 1/4 the player ronaldo has been this season. not slagging him off or anything but it just isn't happening for him at the moment

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:22 PM
tatty

Quote:
By the end of his career, van Persie will be regarded as being a better alleged woman botherer than Ronaldo.
I should think that'll be about right.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:25 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
well rooney hasn't been 1/4 the player ronaldo has been this season. not slagging him off or anything but it just isn't happening for him at the moment
Correct. Bolton away has been his best performance but I can't think of another performance which had people standing up and taking notice. Again, not slagging him off either he just needs to do more.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Grimson

Quote:
It's always fun to speculate about things like this, and to make somewhat provocative statements that nobody can disprove. However I will say you're going on a limb, as there is no basis for this prediction on the strength of the abilities of the players concerned. Neither of them are better footballers than Ronnie. van Persie in particular, I can almost guarantee he will have the shortest career of the 3, as with his spindly frame he can't ride tackles and absorb the punishment that Rooney and Ronnie seem to shrug off.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:28 PM
jem

Default rooney's been unlucky

in front of goal. his work outside the area has been excellent. his touch to ole when ole hit the post and ronaldo (the lucky dog) scored was sublime. if ole had scored, it would have been a perfect goal.

£#%&!ing hell, ronaldo even managed to miss a penalty and the ball bounced back to him to score. when rooney gets that kind of luck, he'll look the best player in the league.

I think newcastle will bring a rooney hattrick.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:33 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
It's always fun to speculate about things like this, and to make somewhat provocative statements that nobody can disprove. However I will say you're going on a limb, as there is no basis for this prediction on the strength of the abilities of the players concerned. Neither of them are better footballers than Ronnie. van Persie in particular, I can almost guarantee he will have the shortest career of the 3, as with his spindly frame he can't ride tackles and absorb the punishment that Rooney and Ronnie seem to shrug off.
Van Persie is the most talented player in the league in my opinion. Tricks don't equate to ability. For example, Ronaldo has far more tricks than Scholes and Zidane combined, but he'll never come close to matching the ability of either of them.

As for his 'spindly frame', van Persie is similar to Bergkamp. Another awesome player with more ability than Ronaldo.

Now I'll let you get back to our Pro Evo...

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:35 PM
chorleyred

I'd agree with all that Jem, but confidence is a large part of a strikers game, and the longer luck evades him the more he will snatch at things and his temperament will come under the microscope.

he's a great player, but at this moment in time he is struggling big time for my money

of course everyone knows that one 30 yard volley into the top corner will help immensely.

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Father Christmas

Thumbs down %@#$&!s

Quote:
Van Persie is the most talented player in the league in my opinion. Tricks don't equate to ability. For example, Ronaldo has far more tricks than Scholes and Zidane combined, but he'll never come close to matching the ability of either of them.

As for his 'spindly frame', van Persie is similar to Bergkamp. Another awesome player with more ability than Ronaldo.
mate

Unread 30-12-2006, 06:38 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
mate
What is? You think Ronaldo has the ability of a Scholes, or a Zidane?

Don't make me laugh.
Closed Thread