United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-09-2007, 10:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Are we hunting the Hunter?

Yes according to the News of the Screws, along with siddy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/6985760.stm

Manchester City and Manchester United are competing to sign Ajax's £18m-rated striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar in the January transfer window. (News of the World)

Unread 10-09-2007, 10:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yes according to the News of the Screws, along with siddy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/6985760.stm

Manchester City and Manchester United are competing to sign Ajax's £18m-rated striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar in the January transfer window. (News of the World)
oooh a real clash of the titans.

Unread 10-09-2007, 11:07 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
oooh a real clash of the titans.
we may as well give up now.

Unread 10-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Whalefish

Citeh will spend money in January so its plausible although I very much doubt Ajax will be keen on losing him half way through the season.

Can't see Utd buying anyone mid season. Utd had a deal lined up for him in the Summer. Can only guess that all efforts were on Tevez and by the time the deal went through Ajax had already sold Babel and Madrid were closing in on Sneijder so probably didn't fancy selling Huntelaar then as well.

Rather him than the £30million or more Spurs will want for Berbatov. Bend over...

Unread 10-09-2007, 11:12 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Utd had a deal lined up for him in the Summer.
Did we?

Was that despite him saying he wished to stay in holland for another year?

Unread 10-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Whalefish

The lad who gave me nailed on Tevez info said everything was in place for a move this Summer but Utd - for whatever reason - decided to hold back. He will move to a 'big' club within 12months IMO despite his public comments. I'd take those with a pinch of salt.

He knocked back several enquiries in the Summer too and actually said he'd only consider a club to someone like Manchester Utd (mentioned a few others too but I don't have the link, sorry).

Johann Elmander at Toulouse is worth a look apparently. Not seen much of him but my friend reckons he's got the lot to go on and be a very good player.

Unread 10-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Bishovetz

Depends on Balsa Wood Man staying injury free for a change, and, of course, whether Tevez and Rooney can form a decent striking partnership.

Unread 10-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishovetz
Tevez and Rooney can form a decent striking partnership.
I have worry Flowing through my body.

Unread 10-09-2007, 11:25 AM
dunk

Quote:
The lad who gave me nailed on Tevez info said everything was in place for a move this Summer but Utd - for whatever reason - decided to hold back. He will move to a 'big' club within 12months IMO despite his public comments. I'd take those with a pinch of salt.

He knocked back several enquiries in the Summer too and actually said he'd only consider a club to someone like Manchester Utd (mentioned a few others too but I don't have the link, sorry).

Johann Elmander at Toulouse is worth a look apparently. Not seen much of him but my friend reckons he's got the lot to go on and be a very good player.
Elmander has been knocking around for a wile hasn't he? He must be in his mid-late twenties by now.

I'm glad to hear that we are trying to do something with Huntelaar. I think we should snap him in January, at least have another forward available for the PL. If AC Milan can sign Ronaldo and still win the ECL with him cuptied, we shouldn't be afraid of signing a Cup-Tied player.

We have always seemed to have problems negotiating with Ajax though, whenever we've been after a player from them the price shoots up and they end up going elsewhere.

Unread 10-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Darth Vidic

Does he suit us though?

Unread 10-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Elmander has been knocking around for a wile hasn't he? He must be in his mid-late twenties by now.

I'm glad to hear that we are trying to do something with Huntelaar. I think we should snap him in January, at least have another forward available for the PL. If AC Milan can sign Ronaldo and still win the ECL with him cuptied, we shouldn't be afraid of signing a Cup-Tied player.

We have always seemed to have problems negotiating with Ajax though, whenever we've been after a player from them the price shoots up and they end up going elsewhere.
He's 26 I think.
Personally I think we should get Quagliarella or Villa

Unread 15-09-2007, 09:28 PM
legendary saf

His goal today

Unread 15-09-2007, 09:58 PM
dunk

Nice!

Slightly loose defending though.

Unread 23-09-2007, 08:18 PM
legendary saf

On target again

Unread 25-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Rhodzy

Huntelaar has said he wants to leave to join a bigger club, maybe a january move is on the cards.

Unread 25-09-2007, 04:41 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Huntelaar has said he wants to leave to join a bigger club, maybe a january move is on the cards.
Did he say 'massive club'?

Unread 25-09-2007, 04:41 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
to city.

Unread 25-09-2007, 04:42 PM
24hr Leavesey

I sincerly hope not.

I'd prefer United to buy a young promising striker who's willing to sit it out and graduate to the first team in time.

No, Rossi wouldn't have fit the bill, but someone like Kalou (only better) would be ideal.

Unread 25-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Gazw649

Rooney and Saha up front. Tevez and Huntelaar as replacements respectively. Not bad.

Unread 14-12-2007, 02:45 AM
legendary saf

Quote:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle1453925.ab

hmmm
Closed Thread