United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:16 AM
El Calafate

Talking Fergie Says Don't Panic

does that mean we should panic?

www.manutd.com

United may have drawn the first two league games of the season but Sir Alex insists it's no cause for alarm.

"I’m looking at the performances of the team in the first two games and saying to my players, ‘Well done’," the boss said at Friday's press conference.

"We’re dropping points and that’s disappointing and frustrating because the performance levels have been very good. The important thing is to be patient now. The situation is recoverable, of course."

United go into Sunday's Manchester derby without Cristiano Ronaldo, who was sent off at Fratton Park, but Sir Alex was pleased the Reds left Portsmouth with a clean bill of health. Unfortunately, however, none of the long-term injured players have recovered sufficiently to resume match play.

Louis Saha has been training with the first-team squad but is unlikely to take part on Sunday, while new signing Anderson is struggling with a hamstring strain. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's knee is still troubling the Norwegian and Wayne Rooney could be out for two months after breaking a bone in his foot last weekend. That said, not all the news is bad.

"Owen Hargreaves is still feeling the problem of tendonitis in his knee but he is doing some bits of training, which is encouraging," the boss added. "Gary Neville has also been doing bits of training but he's not really near [to playing on Sunday]."

nft.

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:21 AM
dodger

How strange. A week ago he said we need to hit the ground running and not let Chelsea get an early lead.

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Whalefish

So Ole is still having trouble with his knee?

We won't see much of him this year yet he's considered one of four striking options.

Yet we still don't need another striker...

And I don't like being told what to do, so regarding Fergie's comments (no need to panic) he can £#%&! off. We'll see how he feels come 4pm on Sunday.

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Spiffy

Fergie out.

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:23 AM
believe

Over £50 millions spent and we have a weak squad. YCNMIU. At least we have Eagles.

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:24 AM
El Calafate

i'm more worried about Hargreaves and Nev. "bits of training?" won't be playing anytime soon then! nft.

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Over £50 millions spent and we have a weak squad. YCNMIU. At least we have Eagles.
Eagles is a better replacement for Ronnie than O' Shea, not that Fergie will agree.

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:25 AM
El Calafate

Heinze will also be leaving on Monday. nft.

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
i'm more worried about Hargreaves and Nev. "bits of training?" won't be playing anytime soon then! nft.
Doesn't seem likely. Gotta wonder exactly what the £#%&! we were trying to achieve in pre-season 'cos it obviously wasn't to prepare the squad for the season. I'd also question if any of our medical staff have actual qualifications or do they just go on NHS Direct?

Whalefish

Quote:
Hargreaves actually needs rest, not sure about Neville. He just seems to be £#%&!ed these days.

TheNew

[YOUTUBE]L0QSdPGC2UY[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Why? Are Real about to make a bid?

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Did he comment on that or not? Hearing is Monday morning. Will be intersting to see what precedent the PL fancy setting when, sorry if, they find in favour of Gabby.

I wouldn't mind tbh but the money isn't going back in the squad so we will be slightly weaker. Not like he'll play Evans or Pique anyway.

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Did he comment on that or not? Hearing is Monday morning. Will be intersting to see what precedent the PL fancy setting when, sorry if, they find in favour of Gabby.

I wouldn't mind tbh but the money isn't going back in the squad so we will be slightly weaker. Not like he'll play Evans or Pique anyway.

On what legal basis can the PL force United to sell Heinze?

thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew

Gordon Hill

Default Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Eagles is a better replacement for Ronnie than O' Shea, not that Fergie will agree.
deserves too be given a run of games too see how well he performs & I agree with you as he would'nt let anyone down!

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:52 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
that's the funniest thing you've ever posted! nft.

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:53 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
On what legal basis can the PL force United to sell Heinze?
don't you know he has a letter! nft.

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
don't you know he has a letter! nft.
Yes and United have a legally binding contract with Heinze. My question is, on what basis can the PL decide a matter of contract law? I would have thought that something like that would have to be decided in court to be legally enforcable?

Unread 17-08-2007, 12:05 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Yes and United have a legally binding contract with Heinze. My question is, on what basis can the PL decide a matter of contract law? I would have thought that something like that would have to be decided in court to be legally enforcable?
if it went to court Heinze would win. Utd agreed/wanted to sell him and now are stopping him from going to a place of work that he desires. at the end of the day it's restrictment of trade. there's only one winner i'm afraid. utd know it, heinze knows it, and liverpool definately know it. nft.
Closed Thread