United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-06-2007, 05:40 AM
Serenity Now

Default I hope that we sign Carlitos Tevez

He can play on the shoulder of the defence. He has the intelligence to time his runs well and has enough to pace and strength to get away from the defenders.

He's strong enough to hold the ball up if it is played into his feet or body with his back to goal.

He's technically very good.

He links up well with teammates.

His work rate when the team doesn't have possession is exceptional.

He can take free-kicks.

He's already had a year in England to get used to English football, weather and culture.

He would make Rooney feel better about his appearance.

The only major downside that I can see is his height, which means that playing the deep ball from the defence is not so effective. But I think his other qualities would make up for this.

Overall I think he would be a great signing.

Thank you for listening.

Unread 30-06-2007, 06:08 AM
borsuk

yes

Unread 30-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Whalefish

Don't think it'll happen but I'd be made up if he arrived.

Unread 30-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Serenity Now

I've heard that the latest offer from West Ham has been turned down.

Still can't see him coming to us, unfortunately.

Unread 30-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Serenity Now

Default "Fergie to Grab Tev"

Manchester United are leading the race to sign West Ham star Carlos Tevez. (Daily Star)

Now I feel much more confident.

Unread 30-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

it's us, mickeys or the arse. if they get tevez, i think he'd choose us over the arse

well i would anyway

Unread 30-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Manchester United are leading the race to sign West Ham star Carlos Tevez. (Daily Star)

Now I feel much more confident.

Unread 30-06-2007, 01:43 PM
MJ Ramone

I'd love to see Tevez in the shirt.
Wouldn't like to see him playing for Arsenal.
He's not their type of player for a start. They go for smug looking, poncey, arrogant tarts...not all action, aggressive match winners.

Him & Rooney are 'similar' in style, but the more I think about it the more I think that's not such a bad thing (Rooney's my favourite player in the World for a start)
Rooney & Tevez up front!!!!???
NOw that would be something special*

*Won't happen in a billion years though.

Unread 30-06-2007, 01:45 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
He can play on the shoulder of the defence. He has the intelligence to time his runs well and has enough to pace and strength to get away from the defenders.

He's strong enough to hold the ball up if it is played into his feet or body with his back to goal.

He can take free-kicks.

He's already had a year in England to get used to English football, weather and culture.

The only major downside that I can see is his height, which means that playing the deep ball from the defence is not so effective. But I think his other qualities would make up for this.

Thank you for listening.
So do I mate, we all do.

But will it happen?

Joorabchian has said United is the place Tevez wants to play so everything really rests on how the negotiations go.

If I was the club id shell out next years budget and the year after as long as we get our man.

Unread 30-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
So do I mate, we all do.

But will it happen?

Joorabchian has said United is the place Tevez wants to play so everything really rests on how the negotiations go.

If I was the club id shell out next years budget and the year after as long as we get our man.
Link?

Unread 30-06-2007, 01:59 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Link?
Quote:
Joorabchian said: "Of the English clubs, United are favourites because Carlos would like to go there
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1779

Unread 30-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuffle_like_sharpey
quick, african, £#%&!er. seems like a wenger player to me.
yeah, but he shoots on sight & is erratic as £#%&! - Wenger likes them to fanny about abit.

Quote:
good man
Moto GP has finished, and the F1 qualifying - £#%&! all else to do. Not actually gonna do any work am I

Unread 30-06-2007, 03:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Those quotes from Tevez's agent are cringeworthy. Everything that's wrong with the modern game.
How the £#%&! is he worth £40mill????

He's proved that he looks a very useful player - but he's not a £40million man.
For that kind of money I'd expect nothing less than Lionel Messi.

A striker I've always rated is Crespo. I think he'd be outstanding for us. Can't believe Chelsea felt he was surplus to requirements (Say's a lot about their style of football & faith in quality players)
What is his situation?...is he still on loan or have Chelsea sold him on?

S/Side.Red

I'm starting to think Tevez is the best option for us, now. I was keen on Torres at the right price, but Tevez would now be my first choice. Aside from the obvious talent and the fact he's at a good age and already has great experience; his personality is perfect for United.

I'd take him ahead of Berbatov. After that, it's difficult to see any other realistic target who would be anywhere near as good as Tevez. I just think the price is going to prove too problematic, though.

Whalefish

FWIW Arsenal are apparently after Huntelaar. Pity, I'd like to see him at OT.

Unread 30-06-2007, 03:49 PM
otbarney

Quote:

He can take free-kicks.

Thank you for listening.

He even makes me look handsome, in the same way that Cyril Smith made me look slim!

Unread 30-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Those quotes from Tevez's agent are cringeworthy. Everything that's wrong with the modern game.
How the £#%&! is he worth £40mill????

He's proved that he looks a very useful player - but he's not a £40million man.
For that kind of money I'd expect nothing less than Lionel Messi.

A striker I've always rated is Crespo. I think he'd be outstanding for us. Can't believe Chelsea felt he was surplus to requirements (Say's a lot about their style of football & faith in quality players)
What is his situation?...is he still on loan or have Chelsea sold him on?
He loves playing in Italy (& who can blame him, you should see his goals to games ratio ) but Chelsea's hoof-it-to-Drogba tactics kinda make his exquisite movement redundant.

On a side note - good news for Rossi in a way - Parma are buying another striker & (depending on how reliable Goal.com are) he'll be staying with us:

Linkage

Quote:
According to 'Sky', the Brazilian striker Reginaldo of Fiorentina is on the verge of signing for Parma.

The former Treviso player will be bought by the Gialloblu for a fee of 4.5 million Euros, in order to replace Giuseppe Rossi who will not return to Parma following his brilliant season where he helped to save the Emiliani from relegation.

This was confirmed by the player's agent, who hinted that Parma will most likely be his new client's destination.

"For the time being I cannot confirm, there is still nothing official. But as I always said, Parma has been following my client for a long time.

"I always said that Reginaldo would have remained in Florence if he had the certainty of playing, otherwise he would have preferred playing as a first team player in another team."

Unread 30-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Interesting, I heard he once wore a united shirt to a press conference, is it true
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
FWIW Arsenal are apparently after Huntelaar. Pity, I'd like to see him at OT.

Huntelaar wants another year at Ajax

Unread 30-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Whalefish

Not what I hear apparently and he can say what he wants when there's a mic shoved in front of him.

Unread 30-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Interesting, I heard he once wore a united shirt to a press conference, is it true
2 years ago...

Skysports Link

Quote:
Carlos Tevez has caused a storm in Brazil by appearing for a press conference wearing a Manchester United shirt.

The Argentinian only joined Corinthians in February but has complained that he is being harshly treated by referees and opponents because of his nationality.

In an act seemingly designed to make his point clearly, the midfielder sported a Red Devils jersey after previously commenting that he was not happy with life in Brazil.

"I'm thinking of leaving Corinthians," the 21-year-old commented cheekily to the assembled press.

When asked whether he was disrespecting the Brazilian club by wearing the shirt, he scowled: "What I get from Nike [the United shirt] I use, I do not see any problem."

Corinthians officials reportedly asked Tevez to remove the shirt before commencing with the interview.

The former Boca Juniors star won the Intercontinental Cup with the Argentinians before moving across South America rather than heading for Europe.

There have been suggestions that he could end up at Chelsea due to Roman Abramovich's links with the MSI group, who own Corinthians
Closed Thread