Smeggs

Thumbs down Defoe

Please god no, why do they keep linking him with us, the media scum

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
Please god no, why do they keep linking him with us, the media scum
To cause this forum to go into another idiotic meltdown.

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:19 PM
suedeshoes

Defoe is better than Darren Bent. Its a funny old game.

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:20 PM
koppas

Because it is going to happen.

This is coming from the man who predicted "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" would be #1 - six months before it was even released.

I see things.

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:21 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Defoe is better than Darren Bent. Its a funny old game.
No he isn't Greavesy.

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:22 PM
MakeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Because it is going to happen.

This is coming from the man who predicted "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" would be #1 - six months before it was even released.

I see things.
what's your tip for Christmas #1 then?

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:23 PM
koppas

£#%&! knows.

Hope this helps.

suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
No he isn't Greavesy.
He is though. Hes more naturally talented, has more pace and will score more goals. Bent has his qualities but Defoe offers a better all-round striking option. Its only my opinion though.

BryanRobson'sLiver

The thing about Defoe seems to be his form rather than his class. This is the player who has the post war record for consecutive league goals, he is a good goalscorer and when he is sharp he can absolutly terrorise a defence but he just doesn't seem to have imposed as he should at Spurs.

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:26 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He is though. Hes more naturally talented, has more pace and will score more goals. Bent has his qualities but Defoe offers a better all-round striking option. Its only my opinion though.
an opinion you are entitled to and one I disagree with. Bent is faster, stronger and a very good finisher, his goalscoring record is excellent in such a bad side. He's also got a hellof a lot of upside, considering his age..

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:27 PM
legendary saf

Defoe is a world class player waiting to happen, i'd take him for anything under £8m.

Obviously if all else fails, because this would be a huge risk considering his recent inconsistencies. He'd score shitloads in our team though.

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:28 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
The thing about Defoe seems to be his form rather than his class. This is the player who has the post war record for consecutive league goals, he is a good goalscorer and when he is sharp he can absolutly terrorise a defence but he just doesn't seem to have imposed as he should at Spurs.

Because he's a greedy @#%&! my man.

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Defoe is a world class player waiting to happen, i'd take him for anything under £8m.

Obviously if all else fails, because this would be a huge risk considering his recent inconsistencies. He'd score shitloads in our team though.
You are delusional.

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:30 PM
koppas

He looked great at West Ham and, I think, we nearly signed him.

Didn't like the way he handed in a transfer request though when they were relegated - on the same day.

To be fair to him though, he hasn't moaned at Spurs where he isn't a regular.

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:31 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
an opinion you are entitled to and one I disagree with. Bent is faster, stronger and a very good finisher, his goalscoring record is excellent in such a bad side. He's also got a hellof a lot of upside, considering his age..

Bents faster?..not havin that. He is much stronger and offers different options and his goalscoring record is excellent. But Defoe offers more options and has more natural talent...talent that hasnt been harnessed for a consistant period granted but its obvious its there. The variety of goals Defoe scores is greater than Bent whos a penalty box player.

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:31 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
You are delusional.
I rate him, obviously i'd prefer the Anelka's and Berbatov's of this world but if we get Defoe for anything around £8m and below it could be a very shrewd purchase.

Pacy, Young, english, knows where the goal is and won't cry about sitting on the bench if things don't go his way.

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Smeggs

Robbie Keane keeps him out of the spurs team. motwyw

he does have that striker greedyness but his form hasn't been right for about 2 years. I don't think he is worth more than 5m and i don't agree that he is world class waiting to happen either.

Would prefer to see Rossi given a fair crack at it.

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:34 PM
legendary saf

[YOUTUBE]9hFrSNBcvt4[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:35 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeBelieve
what's your tip for Christmas #1 then?
band aid ..do they know its xmas

Unread 28-06-2007, 12:35 PM
legendary saf

Quote: