United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Serenity Now

Lightbulb Yaya Toure to Barca/assorted transfer stuff

His agent Dimitri Selluyk, who also owns 50% of Toure, is in Barcelona at the moment. Deal is supposedly all but done and Toure is expected to complete his move this weekend.

Txiki Beguiristain is also supposed to be over in Rome to negotiate the transfer of Christian Chivu.

Unread 23-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Camel

Default bit off track, but

so rikkard is still there next season?

Unread 23-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Serenity Now

It looks very likely. He gave an interview to Barca TV saying that he's excited about continuing at the club, and everything I've heard suggests that he's now commited to Barca next season.

The only club I could have seen him leaving Barca for is Milan, and Ancelotti looks secure for at least another season there. All the talk of Rijkaard taking a sabbatical for a year seems to have died down too.

Unread 23-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Tronics

It's a good buy for them.

Their team is too attacking as it is he'll defo sure up the midfield/defence.

We should have bought him instead of Hargreaves, he has much more ability.

[no WUM]

Unread 23-06-2007, 12:50 AM
legendary saf

Yaya is just one of many we could have bought ahead of that curly haired £#%&!ing canadian #@&%!.

Valencia bought Sunny for 3m euros, other DMs like Poulsen has a relause clause and Zapater from Zaragoza at 12m euros.

Now all those 3 together cost the same as Hargreaves and I wouldn't take Hargreaves over that nigerian kid let alone buy all 3 of them.

Scholes, Carrick, Zapater and Poulsen would be as good as any set of central midfielders in europe and we'd send Sunny on loan to Sunderland or something to gain premiership experience.

Unread 23-06-2007, 02:28 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Yaya is just one of many we could have bought ahead of that curly haired £#%&!ing canadian #@&%!.
You'll be singing his praises next season-FACT!

As for the above statement-well, fairly @#%&!ish, I'm sure you'll agree.

Don't embarrass yourself like that.

Unread 24-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Serenity Now

Toure arrived in Barcelona today to complete the move.

The fee being mooted for Chivu is around 12 million Euros.

Unread 24-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
His agent Dimitri Selluyk, who also owns 50% of Toure, is in Barcelona at the moment. Deal is supposedly all but done and Toure is expected to complete his move this weekend.

Txiki Beguiristain is also supposed to be over in Rome to negotiate the transfer of Christian Chivu.
Gutted that we didnt try and get him after the world cup, he was one of the better players that i saw in the tournament.

Unread 24-06-2007, 07:13 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Toure arrived in Barcelona today to complete the move.

The fee being mooted for Chivu is around 12 million Euros.
Great price for Chivu that, don't be fooled by his display against us, he's usually a pretty classy centre back and equally at left back.

I wonder how much he'd cost if we were in for him.

Unread 24-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Gutted that we didnt try and get him after the world cup, he was one of the better players that i saw in the tournament.
Don't understand why we didn't

Was very cheap as well, £3 million wasn't it?

Unread 24-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Don't understand why we didn't

Was very cheap as well, £3 million wasn't it?
Aparantley it was $5.75m, whatever that converts to in £.
Not much though for someone with his quality.

Unread 26-06-2007, 01:12 PM
legendary saf

Unread 26-06-2007, 01:17 PM
violater

i wanted him at ot so badly.

Unread 26-06-2007, 01:18 PM
evian

good buy but they'll need another defensive midfield if they are to play all 4 superstars. would love to see henry end up sat on the bench.

Unread 26-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Luffy

so what percentage of him did Barca buy? Man Utd won't go for part owned players will they.

Unread 26-06-2007, 01:45 PM
dodger

over-rated...like his brother

Unread 28-06-2007, 05:23 AM
Serenity Now

Eric Abidal is now in Barcelona, ostensibly on holiday, but in reality to complete his move from Lyon. Deal should be finalised by the end of the week. Apparently the fee will be around 14 million Euros, Lyon wanted 20 but Barca refused to up their bid and Abidal has threatened to go on strike if they don't let him leave.

The Chivu transfer is up in the air. Inter are very interested and it looks like he could end up there instead.

Meanwhile, Giovanni van Bronckhorst has returned to Feyenoord.

Unread 28-06-2007, 05:32 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
so what percentage of him did Barca buy? Man Utd won't go for part owned players will they.
I think Barca will have bought 100%. They're generally not too happy with part ownership either.

Just because a player was previously owned by more than one entity doesn't mean that will be the case after a transfer is completed.

After all, Anderson was part owned (around 20%) by the company of his agent Jorge Mendes and I believe Gremio had a share as well, but United still purchased 100%.

Unread 28-06-2007, 06:06 AM
sharath

Quote:
Eric Abidal is now in Barcelona, ostensibly on holiday, but in reality to complete his move from Lyon. Deal should be finalised by the end of the week. Apparently the fee will be around 14 million Euros, Lyon wanted 20 but Barca refused to up their bid and Abidal has threatened to go on strike if they don't let him leave.

The Chivu transfer is up in the air. Inter are very interested and it looks like he could end up there instead.
Abidal move all but completed.

Chivu has too many suitors around willing to pay money. Inter, roma and real.

Roma looks like have agreed the fee with all 3. So chivu decides.

If barca get Chivu, they will be pretty good side still.

PS; Milan still on the trail of Eto'o. Barca fans will be distraught if he left and then henry ended up with inury.

Unread 28-06-2007, 06:40 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
over-rated...like his brother
Both damn fine players no matter how they are rated.
Closed Thread