Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2023, 01:13 PM
Sparky***

Default The title race

Looking at the remaining fixtures, you have to make City favourites

Unread 11-04-2023, 01:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Not much in it IMO.

Arsenal have shown they can go on a big run after a set back. City have shown they can throw away daft points.

I’d make City favourites based on their experience, but not by much.

Unread 11-04-2023, 01:33 PM
Hyman_Roth

City will win it by 6 points min.

Unread 11-04-2023, 01:33 PM
red red robbo

They both have to play each other, Chelsea, West Ham and Brighton.

So it's Southampton, Newcastle, Wolves & Forrest vs Leicester, Fulham, Leeds, Everton & Brentford.

Newcastle obviously the standout fixture for the arse, probably still looking to secure a top four spot. Wolves should be safe with nothing to play for and but Forrest could be fighting for survival so a tricky game.

Fulham ought to be safe with nothing to play for but the other four for city are all likely to be in a relegation scrap.

So it will probably come down to who can see out the tricky games against well motivated, lower quality sides, who has got the fighting spirit to dig in and win ugly. Arsenal are £#%&!ed aren't they

Unread 11-04-2023, 01:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Hopefully city do it so in the future it can be ruled out and I don't want to see arsenal fans gloating online....

Unread 11-04-2023, 01:59 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Hopefully city do it so in the future it can be ruled out and I don't want to see arsenal fans gloating online....
The shittest logic I’ve ever heard ffs.

Robbo at the water cooler with a laminated asterisk, winding up the blues

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:09 PM
Seamus

Quote:
what have you become?

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
what have you become?
It's a joke pal, please read other threads where folk are ACTUALLY serious on their reasons for a city win........

I'm 100% a Gooner.....

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:16 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
what have you become?
He's trying to make a joke.

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...38#post5914938

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:17 PM
Seamus

Quote:
It's a joke pal, please read other threads where folk are ACTUALLY serious on their reasons for a city win........

I'm 100% a Gooner.....
I know i saw that and was surprised by their comments

I think Arsenal will win the league

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:19 PM
silv

Quote:
I know i saw that and was surprised by their comments

I think Arsenal will win the league
If we're not going to win it, who else would they want out of the current lot.

Absolutely baffling to want Pep, Jack £#%&!ing Grealish and Curly Watts to win three in a row.

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:23 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
That's an interesting way of looking it

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:28 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
If we're not going to win it, who else would they want out of the current lot.

Absolutely baffling to want Pep, Jack £#%&!ing Grealish and Curly Watts to win three in a row.
It's like no fun said, I don't have to live amongst them so it has less impact. A city league win generates almost no publicity and can be easily ignored down here, and Arsenal win less so.

I had forgotten about the three in a row thing though to be honest, that makes a difference

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

I'm 100% a Gooner.....
Word.

Really weird attitude to pretend City winning a potential treble “doesn’t mean anything”. It’s horrendous. They are an abomination. Every trophy they win is legitimising cheating. Never has a group of supporters been more undeserving of such success.

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:35 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Word.

Really weird attitude to pretend City winning a potential treble “doesn’t mean anything”. It’s horrendous. They are an abomination. Every trophy they win is legitimising cheating. Never has a group of supporters been more undeserving of such success.
Football's £#%&!ed anyway, from club ownership and financial doping in the boardroom down to £#%&!ing VAR on the pitch, the whole thing has become a pile of £#%&! and it's only going to get worse. You've go to take whatever crumb of comfort you can wherever you can.

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:46 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Football's £#%&!ed anyway, from club ownership and financial doping in the boardroom down to £#%&!ing VAR on the pitch, the whole thing has become a pile of £#%&! and it's only going to get worse. You've go to take whatever crumb of comfort you can wherever you can.
So true; can’t think of anything that will comfort me more than City winning three on the trot.

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
What crumbs are you hoovering up there pal ? A city title ?

Yummy.

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:58 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
What crumbs are you hoovering up there pal ? A city title ?

Yummy.
Arsenal League titles won: 13
City league titles won: 8

That crumb 👎

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:59 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
And with respect, that’s the other stupid argument.

Everything’s £#%&!ed so why does it matter? Everything is shit so I might aswell want more shit things to happen.

Or if you’re not bothered because none it is important to you then don’t bother expressing an opinion. Better to have no opinion than have a shit one pal.

There’s a few of us that still naively want the best team to win without cheating and still care what happens to the club we support and the rivals around us.

Unread 11-04-2023, 03:04 PM
est.1878

Only people on here that don't want arsenal to win it will live south of stoke without exception ...
Closed Thread