United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-05-2022, 06:18 AM
Weekend Hussler

Default Relegated Teams - Who You Taking?

Potential to get some players in from the relegated teams, who might not be Social Media click generators but would improve our current squad

Burnley

Pope (£15 mil) - Geniunely think he would be No 1 ahead of DDG
Tarkowski (£18 mil) - Can partner Varane
Cornet (£18 mil) - Suprise option for Left Back
Weghorst (£15 mil) - Dutchy to be third or fourth choice striker

Watford

Dennis (£5 mil) - Fourth choice striker for when Mason gets sent down

Norwich

Williams (£0) - Bring him home

Unread 24-05-2022, 06:18 AM
believe

I was kind of hoping we’d improve next season.

Unread 24-05-2022, 06:43 AM
Sapien

Might be handy to have some experience of a relegation battle in the squad tbf

Unread 24-05-2022, 06:47 AM
no fun

Would take Pope just to wind up wee man

Unread 24-05-2022, 06:57 AM
My Name is Heath

Tarkowski went to school in Failsworth.

I’m in.

Unread 24-05-2022, 08:00 AM
Pop

I wonder if Bayern Munich or Real Madrid will be picking over the bones of relegated tinpot shite from their respective leagues this summer?

Unread 24-05-2022, 08:24 AM
Dr Stranger

No thanks.

Unread 24-05-2022, 09:23 AM
redhegemony

Pope does look decent but then so did Ben Foster when he was at Watford.

Unread 24-05-2022, 09:26 AM
dunk

Didn’t Cornet play upfront for a Burnley all season?

Emmanuel Dennis is a talent and you missed off Sarr.

A wise man once said, only bring in players that have been challenging for promotions, titles and trophies, don’t bring in players used to fighting relegation, as these things become a habit. I think Harry Maguire is testament to that tbf. Let’s give them all a swerve and actually scout some players, maybe?

Unread 24-05-2022, 10:21 AM
Weekend Hussler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I wonder if Bayern Munich or Real Madrid will be picking over the bones of relegated tinpot shite from their respective leagues this summer?
Would they %@#$&!s. But they also don’t have a whole squad of shit@#%&!s that need replacing like we do.

We need to stop thinking we’re are at the same table as the Madrid’s and Munich’s of the world.

We’re feeding of scraps and battling for a top 4 finish.

We’ve got more chance of doing that by using our transfer budget signing 7 or 8 players who would run through a brick wall to play for United than a single Marquee signing who’s only gonna come for the money.

Unread 24-05-2022, 11:18 AM
shenwen

Weghorst ffs .

Don't think I've see a worse striker all season. And that at a club that also has Ashley Barnes on its books.

Unread 24-05-2022, 11:21 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Didn’t Cornet play upfront for a Burnley all season?

Emmanuel Dennis is a talent and you missed off Sarr.

A wise man once said, only bring in players that have been challenging for promotions, titles and trophies, don’t bring in players used to fighting relegation, as these things become a habit. I think Harry Maguire is testament to that tbf. Let’s give them all a swerve and actually scout some players, maybe?
He's decent, but they're talking £30m now & we don't need really need him that much. Rapid player which we need more of in the side.

Appears to be implicated in supporting Idrissa Gueye in being a complete @#%&! so that's probably his move to Newcastle sown up.

Unread 24-05-2022, 11:32 AM
dunk

Well, we could do with a rapid player that can beat a man on the right tbf. £30m seems fair too..

However, in light of the link you’ve posted, yeah, leave him him in the Champ.

Unread 24-05-2022, 11:32 AM
Dasilvatwins

£#%&!ing hell, taking players from relegated teams

Unless there’s a freak good player in a shit team. The ones listed shouldn’t be playing for the clubs they’re even at let alone United.

Unread 24-05-2022, 11:40 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Well, we could do with a rapid player that can beat a man on the right tbf. £30m seems fair too...
Bring him home

Unread 24-05-2022, 11:42 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Bring him home
He said beat a man on the right…. Don’t think I ever saw james dribble past a player and put in a successful cross, or through ball. (Did alright those first few games when he was cutting in and shooting )

Unread 24-05-2022, 02:45 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
£#%&!ing hell, taking players from relegated teams
Liverpool picked up Robertson and that didn't work out too badly. The key is to bring them into an environment where they improve and are coached to contribute to a team that is greater than the sum of it's parts. On that basis maybe best to pass for now.

Unread 24-05-2022, 02:55 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Liverpool picked up Robertson and that didn't work out too badly. The key is to bring them into an environment where they improve and are coached to contribute to a team that is greater than the sum of it's parts. On that basis maybe best to pass for now.
Yea you might find one player if your lucky, but the ones mooted in the thread above , I wouldn’t want any of them.

Unread 24-05-2022, 03:08 PM
Sharders

No one from relegated teams but Mitrovic from Fulham would be good I reckon.

Unread 24-05-2022, 03:09 PM
Drexl

Cornet would probably cost hundreds and thousands
Closed Thread