United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Krushkov

Default Berbatov with Man Utd from 29 May.

Well thats when his agents coming to visit, and is the headline, of today's front page of Bulgarian sports daily, 7 Day Sport. The article directly quotes his agent, Emil Danchev, saying that he is going to Old Trafford for talks on 29th May. The article goes on to suggest he will be coming for 20 million pounds. "There is no new contract between Berbatov and Tottenham" says Danchev "We hope that one day Tottenham will be as loyal to the player as he is to the club (???? can't figure that out ????)". "Berbatov isn't thinking about the money, he is above that." The article concludes that Tottenham HAVE offered Berbatov a new contract of 44,000 pounds a week, double what he gets now, although its yet to be signed.

Further on in the paper there is an interview with the player himself saying that he is happy at Tottenham and life in England.

No doubt the agent is trying to get a much better wage for the player (and himself) in light of the potential new contract, although as I said before Berbatov was really praising United, Old Trafford and the fans, in an interview on TV prior to the Roma game, and genuinely sounded that he loves the place.

Unread 24-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Whalefish

I'd have him at OT in a shot.

But I think we'll end up signing someone like Huntelaar. Don't think he's going to leave Spurs after 12months.

Unread 24-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Krushkov

The more I saw him last year, the more I think he will suit our style of play. Being able to link up and score goals is excatly what we need (as opposed to Ruud mark 2). I really do believe the lad will consider the move if it is offered. For 20 million it would be a great bit of business.

Unread 24-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Not as great as buying him last season for 10 was.

Unread 24-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Krushkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
true true. but still if he puts on the shirt and puts in another season like this one, he will be well worth it.

Unread 24-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Barca '91

Whaley have you heard owt about this?

TBH it sounds like a bit of typical agentness in negotiating his new contract

Unread 24-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Whalefish

The only thing I'ver heard is the comment in one the zines that Fergie thinks Berbatov is the closest thing to Eric since, well, Eric.

He's a huge fan it seems. Spurs will want stupid money for him though but there are a few whispers doing the rounds that they're trying to sign Klose. I guess he could be a replacement for Defoe though, should the little shit move to Pompey.

Unread 24-05-2007, 11:22 AM
The Watcher

We won't get him. But he's a brilliant player. Seemed to get better and better as the season wore on. Great technique and wonderfully skilful, every bit a "United" player. The way he plays actually reminds me a little of Eric

Unread 24-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Rhodzy

Don't want him, I want someone who has pace
He won't come anyway, hes a loyal player

Unread 24-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Don't want him, I want someone who has pace
He won't come anyway, hes a loyal player
Like who?

I keep hearing about these strikers with pace. There are plenty about but you need more than a bit of speed to lead the line for Utd.

Berbatov is hardly slow either.

Unread 24-05-2007, 11:31 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Berbatov is hardly slow either.
Indeed. And their's more to football then simply running fast. Otherwise, we may as well sign Dwan Chambers

Like I said, he won't join, so this is all wishfull thinking. But the lad has so much flare and skill, I can't understand how any United fan could say they wouldn't want him at Old Trafford. I'm gutted we missed out on him in the summer.

Unread 24-05-2007, 06:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

well I've heard today he's on the way to United......but for a lot of money, and we need more than two players this summer

Unread 24-05-2007, 06:32 PM
NYSalfordRed

If true for 20 million,

I would rather we got Torres.

Unread 24-05-2007, 06:35 PM
£#%&! KFC

try £23million plus

Unread 24-05-2007, 06:37 PM
mark o

can we not try and palm off Richardson for £5m as part of the deal...

Unread 24-05-2007, 06:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

we are palming off someone apparently plus the £23m...sadly not Richardson

Unread 24-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Tropical

Default 12, wasn't it? For all it matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Of course, if Berbatov himself is to believed, we asked him to hang on until we sold Ruud and could fit him into our budget. He chose instead to go to Spurs, whose offer was unconditional.

Still. Nothing's changed under the Glazers, has it?

Unread 24-05-2007, 06:40 PM
armchair

This could put the Torres deal in doubt!

Unread 24-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark o
can we not try and palm off Richardson for £5m as part of the deal...
New Sheffield United manager Bryan Robson wants to sign Manchester United midfielder Kieran Richardson. (Various)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/6686451.stm

Fingers crossed

Unread 24-05-2007, 07:02 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
we are palming off someone apparently plus the £23m...sadly not Richardson
Mate, is this deal 'on' then?As in, you know it's 'on'?
Closed Thread