United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-06-2021, 05:51 PM
saffers

Default Lou Lou's return to football. 3rd time coaching the dutch

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ampaign=149 0

Wow big big story.

Might be controversial to say and surprising to some but I would be willing to give him another shot as United coach. Maybe the timing is more right now.

Unread 30-06-2021, 05:54 PM
waynes ear's

£#%&! off you insufferable @#%&!

Unread 30-06-2021, 05:56 PM
armchair

This is the story:

Quote:
Despite the recent snub, van Gaal is 'not unwilling' to be Holland coach again
The grammar boys will be all over that double negative.

Unread 30-06-2021, 06:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
This is the story:

not really a grammar issue. there is a subtle difference in the implication of using "not unwilling" rather than "willing" that is meaningful and would be lost by a literal simplification.

would you stop £#%&!ing thinking and just enjoy your life? we need you healthy.

love king louis, too, obvs.

Unread 30-06-2021, 07:07 PM
Neo

Football

Could be the perfect compliment to an enigmatic young Dutch side full of emerging young talent that needs guidance from a sage-like father figure.

An inaugural Dutch World Cup win in Qatar 2022 would be the crowning moment for Louis' incredible career.

Trainer-Coach. Manager. Philosopher. King.

Unread 30-06-2021, 07:35 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Could be the perfect compliment to an enigmatic young Dutch side full of emerging young talent that needs guidance from a sage-like father figure.

An inaugural Dutch World Cup win in Qatar 2022 would be the crowning moment for Louis' incredible career.

Trainer-Coach. Manager. Philosopher. King.

I got chills reading this.

A lot of criticism has been unfairly thrown at Louis Van Gaal since his tenure here, but the lack of success was more down to the awful squad he inherited, withered and jaded and shrivelled by Moyes and his anti-Midas touch. When he got it right, man did he get it right. There’s a reason Juanfield lives on.

He’s not got to put up with Mike at the back any more; he’s got the Aryan monster De Ligt ready for him to mould into the complete defender.

He’s not got Lingard dribbling over beans in the middle of the pitch now, instead he’s got de Jong, the man that Barcelona will build their team around when they can finally no longer afford to keep Messi.

And up front, gone is the uncertain Depay, lacking in confidence and afraid to take his man on. In his place stands Mt. Memphis; the man who fell to Earth and pulled himself back up into the Heavens again. He’s been rock bottom, and now the whole team here. He’s got a strength of character that will prove invaluable to the Dutch team over the next decade, you mark my words. It’s the kind of attribute that turns pawns into kings.

The next WC could well be orange.

Unread 30-06-2021, 07:37 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not really a grammar issue. there is a subtle difference in the implication of using "not unwilling" rather than "willing" that is meaningful and would be lost by a literal simplification.

would you stop £#%&!ing thinking and just enjoy your life? we need you healthy.

love king louis, too, obvs.
Bloody hell pal, I love you to bits, but was your operation to remove a crayon from your nose?

Unread 30-06-2021, 07:38 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

A lot of criticism has been unfairly thrown at Louis Van Gaal since his tenure here, but the lack of success was more down to the awful squad he inherited, withered and jaded and shrivelled by Moyes and his anti-Midas touch. When he got it right, man did he get it right. There’s a reason Juanfield lives on.

He’s not got to put up with Mike at the back any more; he’s got the Aryan monster De Ligt ready for him to mould into the complete defender.

He’s not got Lingard dribbling over beans in the middle of the pitch now, instead he’s got de Jong, the man that Barcelona will build their team around when they can finally no longer afford to keep Messi.

And up front, gone is the uncertain Depay, lacking in confidence and afraid to take his man on. In his place stands Mt. Memphis; the man who fell to Earth and pulled himself back up into the Heavens again. He’s been rock bottom, and now the whole team here. He’s got a strength of character that will prove invaluable to the Dutch team over the next decade, you mark my words. It’s the kind of attribute that turns pawns into kings.

Knew it!

Unread 30-06-2021, 07:49 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Bloody hell pal, I love you to bits, but was your operation to remove a crayon from your nose?
can't say.

*taps nose*

ouch, wtaf?

Unread 30-06-2021, 07:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
This is the story:

John Major's fondness for "not inconsiderable" and similar was more annoying tbh.

Unread 30-06-2021, 08:46 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Unread 30-06-2021, 11:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Knew it!

You are suggesting its........a former user whose name started with a point of the compass?

Unread 30-06-2021, 11:05 PM
avocado

Quote:
Think he deserves a new word. Insafferable.

Unread 01-07-2021, 12:26 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Think he deserves a new word. Insafferable.
I think that will stick. :0)

Unread 01-07-2021, 06:21 AM
waynes ear's

already been done

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...postcount=1172

Unread 01-07-2021, 08:10 AM
saffers

Quote:
It will get better mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think that will stick. :0)
Would be fitting for the number one influencer on the forum.

They love me.

Unread 01-07-2021, 08:17 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

You scouse @#%&!.

Unread 01-07-2021, 08:23 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You are suggesting its........a former user whose name started with a point of the compass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
You scouse @#%&!.
Check user cp

Unread 01-07-2021, 09:40 AM
Pop

Drunken old sod

Unread 01-07-2021, 11:08 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Got to be…

Closed Thread