United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame
Reply
 
Unread 06-03-2019, 03:54 PM
HarkNowHear
 
Default George Best, old school media question

I love George, old enough to have seen him play in his pomp. An absolute pleasure to witness the genius. A question for the older generation. In the more turbulent times of George’s career, I seem to remember an advert briefly on the tele that may have been from the NOTW. A newspaper is posted thru a door, behind the door is a man resembling George. On the front page of the paper is a picture of Sir Matt. The chap behind the door breaks a raw egg onto the picture of Sir Matt. Anybody remember this? I think it’s when George was AWOL and obviously wasn’t a long running ad.
 
Unread 06-03-2019, 04:13 PM
Albert Tatlock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
I love George, old enough to have seen him play in his pomp. An absolute pleasure to witness the genius. A question for the older generation. In the more turbulent times of George’s career, I seem to remember an advert briefly on the tele that may have been from the NOTW. A newspaper is posted thru a door, behind the door is a man resembling George. On the front page of the paper is a picture of Sir Matt. The chap behind the door breaks a raw egg onto the picture of Sir Matt. Anybody remember this? I think it’s when George was AWOL and obviously wasn’t a long running ad.
Don't remember that ad mate, only remember the one he did for sausages
 
Unread 06-03-2019, 04:31 PM
rubbernecker
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
I love George, old enough to have seen him play in his pomp. An absolute pleasure to witness the genius. A question for the older generation. In the more turbulent times of George’s career, I seem to remember an advert briefly on the tele that may have been from the NOTW. A newspaper is posted thru a door, behind the door is a man resembling George. On the front page of the paper is a picture of Sir Matt. The chap behind the door breaks a raw egg onto the picture of Sir Matt. Anybody remember this? I think it’s when George was AWOL and obviously wasn’t a long running ad.
Dimly remember it but no detail sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Don't remember that ad mate, only remember the one he did for sausages

This one Albert ?

George wasn't shy about picking up money plugging any old shit was he though ?


This is the one I remember more than any of them though spawning many a junior school playground chant

E for B and Georgie Best

 
Unread 06-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Albert Tatlock
 
Default

Sausages, eggs and aftershave... why not
 
Unread 06-03-2019, 04:43 PM
thatsfuctit
 
Default

I had a hand me down pair of his Stylo boots
Probably still at my mums somehwhere

 
Unread 06-03-2019, 04:55 PM
Chorlton74
 
Default

![IMG][/IMG]

wonder if he slipped her one?
 
Unread 06-03-2019, 05:13 PM
rubbernecker
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
I had a hand me down pair of his Stylo boots
Probably still at my mums somehwhere



I had a pair of the side lace ones



The only time George came up short was these stylo school shoes

Even with George they were no competition for Wayfinders

Guaranteed adventure , compass in heel to navigate home safely and free license to boot innocent wild animals with every pair



 
Unread 06-03-2019, 05:18 PM
HarkNowHear
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
I had a pair of the side lace ones



The only time George came up short was these stylo school shoes

Even with George they were no competition for Wayfinders

Guaranteed adventure , compass in heel to navigate home safely and free license to boot innocent wild animals with every pair



Oh my, totally forgot about these
 
Unread 06-03-2019, 06:54 PM
Child of Darkness
 
Default

Could always tell who'd stood in dog shit
 
Unread 06-03-2019, 07:38 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
wonder if he slipped her one?
Rooney would have, nqat.
 
Unread 27-06-2023, 09:52 PM
Gordon Hill
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Sausages, eggs and aftershave... why not
Why not indeed as, George was probobly the only man that could have made an advert about Sausages seem :cool R.I.P.
 
Unread 27-06-2023, 10:04 PM
avocado
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
Why not indeed as, George was probobly the only man that could have made an advert about Sausages seem :cool R.I.P.
Remember the chant “E for B and Georgie Best” and it may have been an advert.

Hadn’t seen Rubbernecker’s post
 
Unread 02-07-2023, 08:02 PM
class of 68
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Remember the chant “E for B and Georgie Best” and it may have been an advert.

Hadn’t seen Rubbernecker’s post
E for B and Georgie Best,
Denis Law and all the rest
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: George Best, old school media question
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
George Best: All by Himself 92ToBury Manchester United Hall of Fame 1 19-09-2021 01:07 AM
George Best antonin jablonsky Football 32 05-07-2017 07:12 AM
George Best ashtonred Football 98 19-11-2015 09:51 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:14 AM.
Copyright ©2006 - 2024 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.