United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 24-02-2018, 01:44 PM
irk

Default The Latest Dietary Advice

https://phcuk.org/wp-content/uploads...laboration.pdf

this lot reject the current government advice.

Fat is good. Meat is good. No mention of the crucial food group of Dessert though. A mere oversight I should think.

Unread 24-02-2018, 04:37 PM
Cream

Any Huel?

Unread 24-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Child of Darkness

1950s diet is better for u .

Meat 2 veg . Full fat and suspicion of foreigners- Keeps.u healthy .

Unread 24-02-2018, 07:30 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Any Huel?
Doesn't look like it

Basically Paleo....

Unread 24-02-2018, 07:42 PM
waynes ear's

box of lindt chocolates tonight

good

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:04 PM
Jammy Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
https://phcuk.org/wp-content/uploads...laboration.pdf

this lot reject the current government advice.

Fat is good. Meat is good. No mention of the crucial food group of Dessert though. A mere oversight I should think.
Is this an official mainstream guide? Iím shocked to see such good and accurate healthy diet advice being put to the general public if thatís the case. A potentially good sign.

I see dr chatterjee is one of the people involved. So you can be sure itís scientifically accurate. The only doctor Iíve found in the uk thatís up to date on the science when it comes to diet, health, cholesterol etc. Pretty sure theyíll have dialed back on some of it though. Baby steps and all that.

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:12 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Is this an official mainstream guide? Iím shocked to see such good and accurate healthy diet advice being put to the general public if thatís the case. A potentially good sign.

I see dr chatterjee is one of the people involved. So you can be sure itís scientifically accurate. The only doctor Iíve found in the uk thatís up to date on the science when it comes to diet, health, cholesterol etc. Pretty sure theyíll have dialed back on some of it though. Baby steps and all that.
I like this chap

Last edited by Spock; 24-02-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:36 PM
Jammy Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
I like this chap
I like some of his stuff, the exercise stuff mostly, but saw a snippet of his show the other week and whilst it ended up giving the correct advice for coconut oil, the general knowledge of the experts with regards cholesterol, fats and heart health was outdated and misleading. No wonder they had no explanation for why coconut oil turned out to have a positive effect instead of what they expected. Think they waved it away as some freak anomaly with no explanation and a huge caveat. Not that it was a scientific test or anything despite them always presenting such things as such. Renders the rest of the diet and health advice on the show worthless.

Last edited by Jammy Dodger; 24-02-2018 at 10:41 PM.

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
1950s diet is better for u
Up to a point, it contained lots of what we would consider "unhealthy" stuff now.

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:07 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
1950s diet is better for u .

Meat 2 veg . Full fat and suspicion of foreigners- Keeps.u healthy .
Why was every cunt dying of heart attacks in their 40's then?

Or were they?