United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:10 PM
MarkG

Default Is it ever ok to slate past players?

Keane has come in for some heavy criticism from some United fans recently. Something I find astounding but only because I though United as a club were better than that. We're not Arsenal and we don't turn on our players just because they leave - Tevez the only exception I can think of.

For me Keane is such an intrinsic part to the success United achieved in the Premier League that to ignore that is ridiculous. You may not like him as a person or for the fallout with Sir Alex but for me those things are irrelevant. He's a legend and should be welcomed and remembered for what he did on the pitch.

I also understand his bitterness towards a club that has kicked him out and never welcomed him back.

Anyway, here's my thoughts for those who like the videos.

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Cream

Hi Mark.

Great to have you back.

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:12 PM
Switching Off

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Zorg

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Jez Quigley

They are all professionals and I respect pretty much all players, except the ones who have done career threatening injuries, spitting or treason. Or blowing up a naval vessel whilst in port.

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
They are all professionals and I respect pretty much all players, except the ones who have done career threatening injuries, spitting or treason. Or blowing up a naval vessel whilst in port.
Ian Woan

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:18 PM
MarkG

There may be lots of conflict on this forum but one thing I'm fairly confident of, is that the type of United fan that resides here isn't the sort of fan who won't understand Keane is a club legend.

For those that don't get it try Twitter, Facebook and Shoot magazine.

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:19 PM
silv

Becks > Keane

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:21 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Can't we be objective and say if someone's out of order? Regardless of their football prowess or whether we like them?

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:39 PM
MarkG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
Can't we be objective and say if someone's out of order? Regardless of their football prowess or whether we like them?
We can. I don't think Keane is out of order though. He was kicked out of the club and shunned because of a silly argument with Sir Alex. He has every right to feel bitter.

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Sparky***

Ok? I encourage it.

Love slagging off past players. Especially that bobble headed, moyes- recommending donut Charlton.

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:42 PM
tatty

I can separate the player from the @#%&!.

Absolute world class player and pretty much on a par for the latter.

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:47 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Pretty sure Jussi Jääskeläinen was hauled over the coals for treason in Finland for attempting to overthrow the president of Finland during a tundra fishing trip. He walked free on a technicality because the act was against the president rather than the Finnish prime minister. Was close to getting expelled from all accounts.

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:48 PM
wonky no

the #@&%! has done nothing outside of the club he's slating. if he hadnt played in that fantastic period of our history he'd have been joey barton.

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:49 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Ian Woan
Plymouth harbour 1998 wasn't it?

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:52 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Plymouth harbour 1998 wasn't it?
Just googled 'Ian Woan sinks a ship' and nothing came up.

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:55 PM
Crumps

Here he is.

Old spakka head reporting second hand opinions as his own just as everyone is ready to stop caring about the subject.

Unread 09-10-2014, 12:23 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Here he is.

Old spakka head reporting second hand opinions as his own just as everyone is ready to stop caring about the subject.
That's wonky for you.

Unread 09-10-2014, 12:26 AM
signed dc

Hi mark, you're looking a bit rough in that video, not as fresh faced as you were in the first one you posted - You look tired, pasty, are you looking after yourself properly? Word of advice, take care of your appearance, people aren't going to tune in if you end up looking like Zammo.

Unread 09-10-2014, 12:30 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Hi mark, you're looking a bit rough in that video, not as fresh faced as you were in the first one you posted - You look tired, pasty, are you looking after yourself properly? Word of advice, take care of your appearance, people aren't going to tune in if you end up looking like Zammo.
Looks like David Burrows, Zammo would be an improvement.
Closed Thread