United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:24 PM
wiganste

Default Has anyone mentioned

what a great goal it was by Rooney last night?

One of the best goals I've seen this season.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

No. I believe youre the first. Congratulations

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:26 PM
antonin jablonsky

No it hasn't, in fact there has been little discussion at all of what was a pretty good performance. As you say though, cracking goal.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:27 PM
MUFC One Love

Sell the fat useless @#%&!.

Tevez > Rooney
Zokora > Carrick

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Average.

Good control but he all the time in the world. Still Jumped on the pool table and gooned like a Mad one.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:28 PM
El Calafate

link! nft.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:29 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
No it hasn't, in fact there has been little discussion at all of what was a pretty good performance. As you say though, cracking goal.
It was a good performance. We restricted them to long range shooting (albeit a few good long range shots came in), Ferdinand was a rock at the back - am I allowed to say that?

And the speed of our equalising goal was stunning.
We'll dick them at OT, there's no question about that.

Oh, £#%&! off Argentina you #@&%! smoker.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Average.

Good control but he all the time in the world. Still Jumped on the pool table and gooned like a Mad one.
He only had all that time as he was composed. Dummied to head it, took a step back and chested it down, taking De Rossi out of the equation.

Having bought some time, he used it well. Many others (Saha?) would have panicked and thrashed at it, but he steadied himself and picked his spot.

Top class.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Argentina

Quote:

Oh, £#%&! off Argentina you #@&%! smoker.
We will dick them at Old Trafford, no youre not allowed to say Rio was a rock at the back. Wes played better. And no I won't £#%&! off. Now I am recognised as a #@&%! smoker I feel welcome and at home here. Sorry for any inconvenience

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:32 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Average.

I was thinking more along the lines of.....

VDS - Ronaldo - Solskjaer - Rooney in the space of 10 seconds.

Look at the bigger picture man.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
It was a good performance. We restricted them to long range shooting (albeit a few good long range shots came in), Ferdinand was a rock at the back - am I allowed to say that?

Absolutely. Rio has really stepped up this season, he's been awesome at times. Carrick was excellent last night too.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

It'd be interesting to see how many seconds it took from when it left VDS til it hit the back of the net.

Great goal. Had a bit of everything.

Pace and determination from Ronaldo, awareness and precision of Solskjaer and the touch and compusure of Rooney.

Classic United.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of.....

VDS - Ronaldo - Solskjaer - Rooney in the space of 10 seconds.

Look at the bigger picture man.
i was Minging Drunk. On second thoughts and looking at the bigger picture.......

He still just belted it in the net.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Argentina

Bad rep from wiganste and Red Caz in a matter of days. Do you think they sit round the dinner table discussing who's upset them recently and agree to get them back
And Steven, don't be bitter about us beating you in the RedNews tournaments. It must have been a bitter pill to swallow getting lobbed by a 15 year old in 5-a-side nets down at the pits
Im still devastated I didnt get player of the tournament. It went to the fattest player in my team!

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:41 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
It'd be interesting to see how many seconds it took from when it left VDS til it hit the back of the net.

Great goal. Had a bit of everything.

Pace and determination from Ronaldo, awareness and precision of Solskjaer and the touch and compusure of Rooney.

Classic United.
it took 10.5 seconds on my sekonda

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:42 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Bad rep from wiganste and Red Caz in a matter of days. Do you think they sit round the dinner table discussing who's upset them recently and agree to get them back
And Steven, don't be bitter about us beating you in the RedNews tournaments. It must have been a bitter pill to swallow getting lobbed by a 15 year old in 5-a-side nets down at the pits
Im still devastated I didnt get player of the tournament. It went to the fattest player in my team!
I wasn't aware she bad repped you. To be honest, I don't give a £#%&!.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Bunker Buster

My Tagg had it at 12.7 Seconds, but the @#%&!ing thing needs a new Kinetic Space saving battery.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:43 PM
The Return of JC

That is the best goal we have scored away from home in Europe for a very long time.
Shades of goals in Barca, Bayern and Bronby 99 about it. Quick break, decisive, direct, composed and clinical.

There were some big performances out there last night.

Rio, Wes, Carrick, Ole, Ronnie, Rooney all stepped up in very difficult circumstances.

Considering the circumstances and what I would've considered a decent result at H/T, I've never been happier with a 2-1 defeat...........and it could've been even better.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
it took 10.5 seconds on my sekonda
it took 102.6 seconds on my Casio Calculator-Watch.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Tropical

Default It was not only a beautiful goal

Quote:

but it was a beautiful team goal, and a beautiful United goal.

No sooner had my match-watching pal and I remarked on this to each other, post-game, than Glen Hoddle appeared on the screen and said almost exactly the same thing, in almost exactly the same words.

It's very disconcerting when (a) Glen Hoddle appears to be listening to you through your telly; and (b) he actually agrees with you.
Closed Thread