United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Zorg

Default 13 clubs back pilot safe standing scheme

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20679867

Two things that always puzzle me about this:

1) people completely ignore the completely new type of terracing being proposed, with flip up seats and barriers between each row, and judge the issue based on what standing was like in 1989.

2) the scousers always get trotted out to condemn it - but I thought the police caused Hillsborough?

Unread 11-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Sparky***

as much as we'd all like it, i can't see it happening.

there's too many £#%&!ers in suits who would vote against it.

Unread 11-12-2012, 10:58 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20679867

Two things that always puzzle me about this:

1) people completely ignore the completely new type of terracing being proposed, with flip up seats and barriers between each row, and judge the issue based on what standing was like in 1989.

2) the scousers always get trotted out to condemn it - but I thought the police caused Hillsborough?
Terracing with seats? :shakehead: It'll never work

Unread 11-12-2012, 10:59 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
I much prefer sitting then i have the energy to go completely mental when we score!
Quote:
Standin areas are shockin. I can juss see ow it will destroy football juss because sum people couldn't care less abahrt ealth n safety n put their own selfish behaviour before the good of others. Football is more diverse now than ever, bringin back standin will ruin it cos they juss don't like the fact iss never been so good. The atmosphere at grahnds is better now than wot iss ever been.
Quote:
It's bad enough for an away fan going to places like Chelsea without the introduction of cheap 'seats'. There are certain sections of society to which football matches would become more accessible. It is great in the lower leagues but would not be a good idea in the Premier League I'm afraid
Quote:
It's a reasonable assumption to assume that standing only tickets will be cheaper to buy therefore will attract the undesirable yobbos who will just cause mayhem.Ridiculous idea to want to increase the number of troublemakers.
Some well thought out, reasonable arguments there :shakehead:

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
It's a reasonable assumption to assume that standing only tickets will be cheaper to buy therefore will attract the undesirable yobbos who will just cause mayhem.Ridiculous idea to want to increase the number of troublemakers.
yes those awful working class people. We simply must keep them out of the football stadia. :shakehead:

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81
Some well thought out, reasonable arguments there :shakehead:
Is that one a cockney wum?

Quote:
Standin areas are shockin. I can juss see ow it will destroy football juss because sum people couldn't care less abahrt ealth n safety n put their own selfish behaviour before the good of others. Football is more diverse now than ever, bringin back standin will ruin it cos they juss don't like the fact iss never been so good. The atmosphere at grahnds is better now than wot iss ever been.
Quote:
Grahnds are safer now than they've ever been thass cos of bein all seater, take that away n you've got unsafe grahns, don't let them bring it back. The atmosphere at all seater stadia is fantastic n will carry on bein so withahrt standin.

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:09 PM
eusker

@Phil_Thompson4
96 people lost their lives and changed how we watch games forever ,let's keep it that way

@Phil_Thompson4
Why do so called educated people running football clubs think bringing standing areas back will better our game

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusker
@Phil_Thompson4
96 people lost their lives and changed how we watch games forever ,let's keep it that way

@Phil_Thompson4
Why do so called educated people running football clubs think bringing standing areas back will better our game
towing the party line.

like a £#%&!ing cult that lot.

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Sparky***

No room for free thinking or reasoned debate. Some Liverpool fans died once so that's it, end of debate.

Some of our players & staff tragically died in a plane crash...so i don't think any teams should fly anywhere again.

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:14 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yes those awful working class people. We simply must keep them out of the football stadia. :shakehead:
There were a lot of comments basically saying that. They can all £#%&! off back to rugger if they don't like it the £#%&!ing middle class @#%&!ing @#%&!s.

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:16 PM
eusker

The people who are against the reintroduction of standing areas talk as if they'd be forced to stand up, rather than given a choice.

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusker
@Phil_Thompson4
39 people lost their lives but they aren't still banned from Europe, I think we should call for that!

We won't have safe standing if LFC are banned from Europe! Deal Phil??

Didn't think so

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Zorg

Quote:
No room for free thinking or reasoned debate. Some Liverpool fans died once so that's it, end of debate.

Some of our players & staff tragically died in a plane crash...so i don't think any teams should fly anywhere again.
Amazing isn't it. Every time this debate crops up, that's it. No more discussion, or it means you HATE those dead people and may as well go and piss on their graves.

Wasn't there a rock festival with a fatal crush once? That's it for Glastonbury I'm afraid.

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Switching Off

They should allow it and put seats in every time Liverpool come to town. £#%&!ing murdering @#%&!s.

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
They should allow it and put seats in every time Liverpool come to town. £#%&!ing murdering @#%&!s.

I want to tweet him that but can't be doing with the rabid hordes

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:41 PM
KenwrightsWallet

Could be a life line for a club like ours

We can not afford to move grounds or redevelop Goodison so increasing the capacity with a standing area could bring in some extra revenue

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:44 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling

I want to tweet him that but can't be doing with the rabid hordes

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet
Could be a life line for a club like ours

We can not afford to move grounds or redevelop Goodison so increasing the capacity with a standing area could bring in some extra revenue
But some people DIED once!!! in a football GROUND and they were STANDING!!! are you some sort of monster?!

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:49 PM
KenwrightsWallet

Quote:
But some people DIED once!!! in a football GROUND and they were STANDING!!! are you some sort of monster?!
I am a @#%&! like

Unread 12-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Jack Duckworth

would love to see it, but it won't happen. clubs won't be able to charge £40+ for a ticket to stand, and it's all about money, i'm afraid.

incidentally, anybody know how peterborough get away with having terracing behind both goals even though they're in the championship?
Closed Thread