United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2010, 10:37 PM
bruntyboy

Default Arsenal statistics so far

All competitions:

Played: 13
Penalties: for: 9 (3 missed) against: 2 (both missed)
Sendings off: for: 3 (of which 2 were in stoppage time) against: 5

Unread 25-10-2010, 10:40 PM
red in cumbria

Default Re: Arsenal statistics so far

"These things even out over a season" we are told. Well, let's see

Unread 25-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Happy Camper

There's evidence then that teams have a more physical approach against Arsenal, interesting...

Unread 25-10-2010, 10:56 PM
thatsfuctit

yeah, heard the penalty stat yesterday, menkul.

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:02 PM
moransbleedinghead

reaping the benefits of Wenger constant bitching and moaning about the rough treatment his team gets, refs are bending over to giv them decisions now.

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead
reaping the benefits of Wenger constant bitching and moaning about the rough treatment his team gets, refs are bending over to giv them decisions now.
.... is the typical everyone's against us view.

Logically, Arsenal face a more hard line approach from teams.

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Coracao

If you try and walk the ball in, you're more likely to get penalties tbf.

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:16 PM
moransbleedinghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper
.... is the typical everyone's against us view.

Logically, Arsenal face a more hard line approach from teams.
no it's not, I'm not for second claiming there is any sort of conspiracy against United, but the since Wenger got very vocal (mid last season he raised his level of moaning) about the nasty ruffians bullying his perfect little team, they are benefiting from a lot more sending offs than they did before that.

Their style of play is more likely to draw fouls in the box, so won't argue the penalty case.

Last edited by moransbleedinghead; 25-10-2010 at 11:20 PM.

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead
no it's not, I'm not for second claiming there is any sort of conspiracy against United, but the since Wenger got very vocal (mid last season he raised his level of moaning) about the nasty ruffians bullying his perfect little team, they are benefiting from a lot more sending offs than they did before that.

Their style of paly is more likely to draw fouls in the box.
You seem to be arguing against yourself to be honest.

From what i recall none of the decisions for Arsenal (penalties or red cards) were that outrageous this year, only the scale but like previous posters have said they're probably more likely to be fouled with their style of football.

I think sosme people forget the decisions we get, Neville being a prime example on Sunday.

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:36 PM
moransbleedinghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper
You seem to be arguing against yourself to be honest.

From what i recall none of the decisions for Arsenal (penalties or red cards) were that outrageous this year, only the scale but like previous posters have said they're probably more likely to be fouled with their style of football.

I think sosme people forget the decisions we get, Neville being a prime example on Sunday.

I'm not contesting the penalties claims, but it is noticabale that the number of sendings off against Arsenal has increased considerably, since Wenger increased his ranting druign last season, and that's what my point is. Decision's for and agianst United are irrelevant to my point.

However, saying as how a debate seems to be starting about decisions involving United I'll offer this .

Of Course we get decisions in our favour, Nev yesterday being a very good example, but how often do we end up playing against 10 men compared to Arsenal, or worse Liverpool during the season they finished second.
Closed Thread