United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:33 AM
toseeunited

Thumbs down Gallas tackle last night

Mate's just text me asking if I've seen it? Went right over the top of the ball apparently?

Anyone seen it? Got a link?

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Harri Jaffa

Default Re: Gallas tackle last night

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:47 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Dirty @#%&! knew exactly what he was doing there .......had it been Rooney done that ...

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Baron

Did the ref see it? Surely that warrants a ban - the FA investigating Nevilles pathetic one finger salute & letting this slide will show why the game is all a bit shit.

Unread 21-01-2010, 11:02 AM
elephantstone

I didnt think it was that bad tbh

Unread 21-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Terry Silver

After all the fuss they made about Edoardo's injury, will Wenger call for Gallas to be banned for the duration of the Bolton player's injury?

Unread 21-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I didnt think it was that bad tbh
me neither.

Unread 21-01-2010, 11:12 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Did the ref see it? Surely that warrants a ban - the FA investigating Nevilles pathetic one finger salute & letting this slide will show why the game is all a bit shit.
Dunno if he saw it?

But if he didn't he wants £#%&!ing sacking. How many times do we have to say that if the ref looks at which direction the ball goes when a tackle is made - it's obvious 99% of the time who won the ball :shakehead:

this one being a clear example!

Unread 21-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Smeggs

fergie's right, the ref is shite.

3 games in 2 days, 2 semis and a league game, all games changed on a bad decision by the ref. un-accountable @#%&!s you can't criticise.

Unread 21-01-2010, 12:44 PM
TaylorMUFC

When asked about it after the game I think Wenger brushed it off and asked the interviewer if he wanted to see the state of some of the Arsenal players legs. Hypocritical @#%&!.

Unread 21-01-2010, 12:49 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMUFC
When asked about it after the game I think Wenger brushed it off and asked the interviewer if he wanted to see the state of some of the Arsenal players legs. Hypocritical @#%&!.
:gayfight:

Unread 21-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Red Devil Dickie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
After all the fuss they made about Edoardo's injury, will Wenger call for Gallas to be banned for the duration of the Bolton player's injury?
Bad tackle that.

I bet #@&%!Wenger didn't see it

Unread 21-01-2010, 12:55 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Cos afterall, it is the likes of Bolton and Blackburn who hoof the shit out of his players and don't play football isn't it

Cannot stand Wenger.

Unread 21-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Big £#%&!ing deal.

£#%&!inell what do you want a tribunal? It was a bad tackle. End of story.

Unread 21-01-2010, 01:21 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Apparently not...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ape-punishment

Quote:
Arsenal's defender William Gallas will not face retrospective disciplinary action from the Football Association following his late tackle on Bolton's Mark Davies in last night's 4-2 Premier League win at Emirates Stadium.
Bolton's manager Owen Coyle labelled the challenge, which happened in the build-up to Arsenal's crucial equaliser at the start of the second half, as "akin to assault", leaving the midfielder with severe ligament damage to his ankle, and perhaps even a break.
Arsenal's manager Arséne Wenger was quick to issue an apology if the incident was, as television replays suggested, a foul. However, it is understood that as the referee Alan Wiley viewed the challenge as two players coming together at the time and so allowed play to continue, no separate disciplinary proceedings can be implemented, as the FA does not re-officiate matches.
Coyle was less than impressed by the challenge. "The second goal was the big turning point," Coyle said. "Clearly it was a foul, and closer to a red card. It was akin to assault and it changed the game.
"However, the fact is the referee has not seen it, and the lad is prostrate on the ground, and Arsenal being full of fair play, as we keep hearing, have carried on and scored an equaliser. That is hard to take. I don't want to sit here and make excuses, but I have seen red cards for less."

Unread 21-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Flix

Quote:
the lad is prostrate on the ground, and Arsenal being full of fair play, as we keep hearing, have carried on and scored an equaliser

Unread 21-01-2010, 06:58 PM
taff

kevin davies gave much of the same to evra a couple of years back, so i ain't got too much sympathy

Unread 21-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
kevin davies gave much of the same to evra a couple of years back, so i ain't got too much sympathy
true. but Arsenal targetted Evra in the 0-0 game last season, had a few bad fouls in the 2-1 this season, and should've been down to about 8 players in the 4-0 FA Cup game.

Unread 21-01-2010, 07:39 PM
otbarney

Quote:

This should be in the black tights thread.

Unread 21-01-2010, 07:50 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
true. but Arsenal targetted Evra in the 0-0 game last season, had a few bad fouls in the 2-1 this season, and should've been down to about 8 players in the 4-0 FA Cup game.
Spot on.

Arsenal are a very cynical & at times dirty side.
You won't hear mention of it in the Press though (sorry throb) Arsene's got them wrapped around his little finger.

In contrast, he's allowed to call Darren Fletcher 'anti-Football' & accuse players at Birmingham (Eduardo RIP) , Stoke & many others of "deliberately trying to injure his players" ...Yet the FA sit on their hands & let him get away with it because it's not 'Back Page Hysteria' enough for them to bother with

Wenger is a vile, vile man & a hypocrite of the highest order. I hate him like no other.
Closed Thread