United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-09-2009, 01:00 AM
wonky no

Default OOT's

Manchester, what do you feel about the City? I said 'what' rather than 'how' on purpose because how indicates a percentage of reflection rather than feeling.

I'm an OOT, albeit 10 mins away but i love the place, not just the City Centre. All my roots are in Manchester so maybe that sways me a little (or a lot). I love working in and around all its boroughs and talking to people in those areas. Wether its a rich area or not theres something earthy about everyone you meet, a cinder croft where everything is on an even keel.

I'm not sure what it is, maybe its the mancunians ready acceptance of everyone, a warmness. You're guaranteed a brew in manchester. Perhaps mancunians do appreciate it as its just the norm.

i'm talking %@#$&!s, again probably

Unread 18-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Red D

Default Re: OOT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
Manchester, what do you feel about the City?
I hate the @#%&!s personally.

See what I did there?

Unread 18-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Manchester, what do you feel about the City? I said 'what' rather than 'how' on purpose because how indicates a percentage of reflection rather than feeling.

I'm an OOT, albeit 10 mins away but i love the place, not just the City Centre. All my roots are in Manchester so maybe that sways me a little (or a lot). I love working in and around all its boroughs and talking to people in those areas. Wether its a rich area or not theres something earthy about everyone you meet, a cinder croft where everything is on an even keel.

I'm not sure what it is, maybe its the mancunians ready acceptance of everyone, a warmness. You're guaranteed a brew in manchester. Perhaps mancunians do appreciate it as its just the norm.

I get the feeling drink may have been taken last evening, wonks?

Unread 18-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:

Are you sure you're not from Liverpool?

Unread 18-09-2009, 08:53 AM
redman

Quote:

I really like Manchester, lived there for 3 years and go back as often as I can, the best city in England by far with really friendly people.

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:09 AM
shyteds

North Manchester is ace, South Manchester is poo.

Born in postcode M8 Cheetham Hill, so i feel i can have the last word on this issue.

Hope that helps.

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:15 AM
ReligiousRed

I miss the motherland ....... all the family is still there, just me and the immediate down here in sunny Poole but its a beautiful place to live so cant complain, Couldnt raise my kids where I was raised though.

The difference in people though is huge! southerners down here are no where near as outgoing or friendly and thats from someone who has lived both ends of the country, took me ages to get use to the ignorant miserable @#%&!s tbh

Poole has my home , Manchester my heart

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:17 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyteds

Born in postcode M8 Cheetham Hill, so i feel i can have the last word on this issue.

Hope that helps.
Wythenshawe>Cheetham Hill

Unread 18-09-2009, 09:24 AM
shyteds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Wythenshawe>Cheetham Hill
Cheetham Hill has a multi cultural society who can love and embrace one and other.

Where as Wythenshawe has more Jeremy Kyle viewers than anywhere in the country.

Plus the first settlements in Manchester were towards the North of the City.

North Manchester wins.

End of story.

Don't chat back.

Unread 18-09-2009, 05:08 PM
wonky no

i was £#%&!ing leathered last night.

in short i like manchester.

i was trying to ask if OOT's like manchester or just united. i don't really care either
<- me

Unread 18-09-2009, 05:11 PM
rebelcountyred

love going over to manchester, almost enjoy the nightlife as much as seeing united, makes a great weekend, never had any bother with locals, any lads i got talking to were sound.

Unread 18-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Spiffy

Quote:

Hope that helps.
I've lived in both Sth Macr and N Mcr. The traffic's worse in Sth Mcr and everything's more expensive but the weather is noticibly warmer but the people noticibly less friendly. The birds are fitter in Sth Mcr though.

HTH.

Unread 18-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
i was £#%&!ing leathered last night.

in short i like manchester.

i was trying to ask if OOT's like manchester or just united. i don't really care either
<- me
There's nothing better than psoting whilst pissed. It's just a shame that the next day the thread is still there for everyone to see.

BTW Bolton may not trechnically be in Mcr but we consider you Mancs. Same attitude towards everything, especially scousers.
Warrington on the other hand are just scouse and manc wannabees.

Unread 18-09-2009, 05:17 PM
no fun

Quote:
Cheetham Hill has a multi cultural society who can love and embrace one and other.

Where as Wythenshawe has more Jeremy Kyle viewers than anywhere in the country.
Plus the first settlements in Manchester were towards the North of the City.

North Manchester wins.

End of story.

Don't chat back.
doubt they are out of bed in time

Unread 18-09-2009, 05:20 PM
dodger

Manchester's alright but it's not patch on the Fylde Coast. nft

£#%&! KFC

I heart Manchester...wish i still lived there

wonky no

i was in the piss stones at squires gig a few years ago. I was talking to a mate when some lad said " £#%&!ing hell, mate you're propper northern and i like that"

random as £#%&! but i had no fear of being buggered. If i had been anywhere else in the world and some fella gave me a compliment in a public toilet i'd be rather alarmed.

Unread 18-09-2009, 05:31 PM
FargoLabowski

Manchester is ace just to many £#%&!ing city fans

Unread 18-09-2009, 05:34 PM
elhombre

Quote:

Hope that helps.
GTF.

I've been doing some work at North Manchester General Hospital and it's like going back in time - they still throw stones at the moon up there.

Unread 18-09-2009, 05:53 PM
MPLA

Quote:

From and have only lived in south Manchester myself. Although currently I'm an OOT by definition. Never been a fan of North Manchester, grey, boring, and too many shell suited little dicks everywhere. No such thing as a Mancunian personality unless contrived, just a myth, same applies to every city. Not really a fan of Britain to be honest, all of its a shit hole.
Closed Thread