United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2009, 12:38 PM
wiganste

Default It seems all the 'experts' have written us off this season

apart from Phil Thompson, who thinks we'll win it

Most pundits have gone for Chelsea with a few saying Liverpool.

Unread 14-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
apart from Phil Thompson, who thinks we'll win it

Most pundits have gone for Chelsea with a few saying Liverpool.
If we don't win it, I can live with the rent boys being champions for 1 season.

Unread 14-08-2009, 12:41 PM
wiganste

Me too. Anyone other than the dippers (and citeh )

Unread 14-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Chelsea seem to be everyones flavour of the month for some reason. I don't understand some of the so called experts saying we won't win it cos nobody has ever won 4 in a row what kind of method is that to base your prediction on.

TBH I was not that impressed with Chelsea on Sunday considering they had there top guns out & we seemed to play the 2nd hald almost half interested.

I am feeling quietly confident that we will be the 1st to 4 in a row & the 1st to nnnnnnnnnnnnnineteen

Bring it on !!

Unread 14-08-2009, 12:42 PM
marlo

i honest can see chelsea not winning it.

they look alot stronger than us, if we are honest.

more goal scorers, stronger midfielders and a defence that was as good as ours last season.

they are the favourites imo.

Unread 14-08-2009, 12:44 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i honest can see chelsea not winning it.

they look alot stronger than us, if we are honest.

more goal scorers, stronger midfielders and a defence that was as good as ours last season.

they are the favourites imo.
They were deemed to old last season and they're hardly brought any young 'uns in, have they?

Any team that finishes above United will be champions. But I can't see that happening. We'll make history in May.

Unread 14-08-2009, 12:45 PM
toseeunited

"Lawro" thinks we'll win it again... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/8194117.stm

Unread 14-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Ginners

if hiddink had managed chelsea from the start leason i think they might have won the league, they are old but they are very strong, it's going to be close between us.

Unread 14-08-2009, 12:46 PM
HarkNowHear

I love being written off. Its what we are about.

Unread 14-08-2009, 12:48 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
i'm getting used to it now, every season it's that united won't win it again and it's liverpool's year - when will these deluded £#%&! wits get it: you never write off Manchester United!!

Unread 14-08-2009, 12:53 PM
SilverSurfer

People forget that Ancelotti's record in the league in Italy wasn't that great, even before the calciopoli scandal. It seems he's been appointed to bring back the European Cup, which is what Abramovich really wants. He's used to presiding over an ageing squad that does well in a couple of games every month in Europe to please an extremely rich and demanding president. Not sure how he'll cope with a league battle.

Unread 14-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Gog Coch

Chelsea have the grit and determination to do far better than last season. We've lost a goal scorer par excellence.
We seriously need a cracking mid fielder to become available - we have the cash.
We must get a grip and score goals. Hitting the target more often might help.
hth.

Unread 14-08-2009, 01:01 PM
shenwen

on espn asia, notoriously pro scouse (one of the pundits even organised their tour of thailand), out of four pundits only one had liverpool in the top 4 and he had them finishing fourth. can't see it, but certainly hope so.

Unread 14-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Coracao

I can see scousers dropping points on Sunday. They need to start fast if they're to win it. We have quite a decent start, hopefully we'll make it count.

Unread 14-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
They were deemed to old last season and they're hardly brought any young 'uns in, have they?

Any team that finishes above United will be champions. But I can't see that happening. We'll make history in May.
Funny you should say that, I was only thinking this morning that it was only last season Fergie wrote them off as being to old. Nothing has changed in my book, still the same old squad with only Zhirkov & a couple of no mark squad players added.

Unread 14-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

When was the last time Ancelotti won an Seria A?
I'd take Chelsea 1st us 4th over Liverpool 1st and us 2nd by goal difference.

Unread 14-08-2009, 01:10 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Chelsea have the grit and determination to do far better than last season. We've lost a goal scorer par excellence.
We seriously need a cracking mid fielder to become available - we have the cash.
We must get a grip and score goals. Hitting the target more often might help.
hth.
Really?!?

I must have dreamt that we are £600m in debt.

Unread 14-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Smeggs

Just read Henry Winter's season preview in the telegraph, he has gone for us. One of the first i've seen as most so far have gone for dippers and chelsea. I agree with the boss, will be us and chelsea neck and neck in april and then who knows.

Many seem to writing off arsenal as well, very strange. can't see a change in the top 4 tbh.

Unread 14-08-2009, 04:25 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
Just read Henry Winter's season preview in the telegraph, he has gone for us. One of the first i've seen as most so far have gone for dippers and chelsea. I agree with the boss, will be us and chelsea neck and neck in april and then who knows.

Many seem to writing off arsenal as well, very strange. can't see a change in the top 4 tbh.
we really wont be neck and neck mate.

honestly we will all be looking to january and eyeing up a new signing to inject some life into us.

seriously our forward line and the support(or lack thereof) from midfield is worrying.

we will struggle to break down teams and score.

Unread 14-08-2009, 04:29 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
Quote:

Yes and yes.
Closed Thread