United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:06 PM
marlo

Default fergie - 'he is a very good little player, he knows i want him to stay, david gill had a meeting....

today and we are doing our best to keep him'

HE HAS TO STAY FERGIE PLEAAAASSSSEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Ginners

very positive comments from fergie there, fingers crossed

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:10 PM
marlo

i dont care if we dont sign anyone until 2011

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:10 PM
MUFC One Love

Looks like they're gonna try and get him.

His goal was world class tonight imo, knew what he was doing.

What he gave us was a threat running in behind. It was so frustrating in the first half, Berbatov deep, Rooney out wide. We just didn't have anything down the middle up front.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:15 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Looks like they're gonna try and get him.

His goal was world class tonight imo, knew what he was doing.

What he gave us was a threat running in behind. It was so frustrating in the first half, Berbatov deep, Rooney out wide. We just didn't have anything down the middle up front.
we need him for his goals as well.

after ronaldo and rooney he is our 3rd top scorer.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Whalefish

Great finish for the equaliser. I gooned like £#%&! when Carrick scored.

However, I'm still trying to work out how Wayne missed that header from Berbles inch perfect cross. No seriously, I am.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:21 PM
BarryX

we've got to keep him. if we can keep ronaldo why change the world champs ?

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:21 PM
borsuk

we finished with the awesome foursome on the pitch again, and again it brought us back from behind to win.

i think fergie planned to play all four more than he did, but got a bit scared after liverpool turned us over. recently we've seen it a few times and it is looking good

hopefully we'll see it more next season £#%&!ing good to watch.

that front six we had in the second half is scary tbh.

tevez
rooney - berbles - ronnie
giggs - carrick

even barca don't play something as attacking as that

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:22 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Great finish for the equaliser. I gooned like £#%&! when Carrick scored.

However, I'm still trying to work out how Wayne missed that header from Berbles inch perfect cross. No seriously, I am.
neither of them can be relied upon imo.

we needed a goal and the world and its dog would have put their money on either ronaldo or tevez.

not a good look when we have two £30m strikers. one is inconsistent and the other just doesnt look like scoring at all tbh.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
we finished with the awesome foursome on the pitch again, and again it brought us back from behind to win.

i think fergie planned to play all four more than he did, but got a bit scared after liverpool turned us over. recently we've seen it a few times and it is looking good
Spot on. Really hope we get to see it next season now, because it's looked very promising indeed.

BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

hopefully we'll see it more next season £#%&!ing good to watch.

that front six we had in the second half is scary tbh.

tevez
rooney - berbles - ronnie
giggs - carrick

even barca don't play something as attacking as that
I want to see that start in Rome, I really really £#%&!ing do.

Switching Off

Jesus H.

He's been shit all season and then two decent performances when he's got a point to prove and he's Hannibal £#%&!ing Smith.

Good player, want to keep him, dont wanna pay more than £10m.

Now calm the fuk down people.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:24 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Jesus H.

He's been shit all season and then two decent performances when he's got a point to prove and he's Hannibal £#%&!ing Smith.

i dont think we will find a better striker, with experiance, workrate and ability to play the united way for under 20m

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:25 PM
silv

Quote:
Jesus H.

yeah but he was £#%&!ing class last season as well...

so in theory you're saying, hit a bit of a bad patch and we should flog him!

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Ether

Quote:
Jesus H.

Hardly been shit all season. He's had a few good performances sprinkled in among a lot of average ones.

But yeah you're right, calm down. No idea what everyone is getting excited about tbh

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:28 PM
BarryX

the mans more than just a good football player, though. he's a winner. one look at his record is surely evidence of that. I don't for one second think we would have gone to so much trouble buy/loan him, just to let him go so easily.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
neither of them can be relied upon imo.

we needed a goal and the world and its dog would have put their money on either ronaldo or tevez.

not a good look when we have two £30m strikers. one is inconsistent and the other just doesnt look like scoring at all tbh.
I would've put the money on Ronaldo tbh but he was shite in front of goal tonight. In fact I wasn't too thrilled by his shift in general.

Rooney missed two great chances but he has, largely, been in decent goalscoring form this season. I wasn't aware that Berbles goals to date don't count as a contribution, also don't agree that he doesn't look like scoring. I wish he'd £#%&!ing shoot more though. Although that applies to the lot of them. Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, £#%&!ing pass.....

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
yeah but he was £#%&!ing class last season as well...

so in theory you're saying, hit a bit of a bad patch and we should flog him!
No, im just saying that its a bit deluded to say he's the best thing since sliced bread after a couple of good performances. I rate him as a player, but he's not better than what we've already got. Granted he was top class last season (and the season before for Wham) but he's been poor for a lot of this season. If he's happy to be third choice (even if he might play the same or more as the other strikers) then get him, but he's not worth £30m and he's not gonna be first choice.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:30 PM
rebelcountyred

on goal scoring ability alone he is worth about 10m, however his big game temperment doubles his value, we will miss his experience if he leaves.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Ether

Quote:
No, im just saying that its a bit deluded to say he's the best thing since sliced bread after a couple of good performances.
Don't think anyone is claiming he's better than bread. He's not.

Quote:
I rate him as a player, but he's not better than what we've already got.
He is what we've already got If he signs, he's not going to be replacing anyone. And he clearly is capable of making a valuable contribution to the team.

And I think it's quite clear that if he signs, it won't be for anywhere near £30m.
Closed Thread