United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2009, 01:46 AM
Luffy

Default Great to see Anderson have such a good impact

He's had a quiet second season after a blockbuster last year, he should've had a clean sweep of young player awards.

today it felt like he was back to his usual self, building on a good showing in Italy. the fact scholes was so awful helped indicate the difference.

I don't know if Fergie was holding anderson, fletcher, park and tevez back for liverpool, but their determination, workrate and movement was much missed today. worst I've seen us play in ages, delighted to snatch a win, but I reckon most other teams would've punished us for playing like that. could've easily lost 5-2, thankfully they're players were more wasteful than our sorry bunch of finishers.

berbatov's worse than tevez, cole and even forlan in one on one situations. its gonna cost us one of these days, he'll fluff an easy chance.

Unread 12-03-2009, 02:00 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/me...son_crying.gif

Unread 12-03-2009, 02:15 AM
Part 36 Offer

Ffs, Scholes was far from awful

Unread 12-03-2009, 02:25 AM
Sloane

how is berbatov shit at one and ones i remember him stretching for a shot that got saved thats all

Unread 12-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Camel

Thumbs down i cant even be arsed to find it

:star_trek_worf_gif:

Unread 12-03-2009, 02:33 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
He's had a quiet second season after a blockbuster last year, he should've had a clean sweep of young player awards.

today it felt like he was back to his usual self, building on a good showing in Italy. the fact scholes was so awful helped indicate the difference.

I don't know if Fergie was holding anderson, fletcher, park and tevez back for liverpool, but their determination, workrate and movement was much missed today. worst I've seen us play in ages, delighted to snatch a win, but I reckon most other teams would've punished us for playing like that. could've easily lost 5-2, thankfully they're players were more wasteful than our sorry bunch of finishers.

berbatov's worse than tevez, cole and even forlan in one on one situations. its gonna cost us one of these days, he'll fluff an easy chance.
Your time would be better spent writing sentences full of shite, rather than paragraphs.

Unread 12-03-2009, 02:34 AM
Why Don?

Berbatov's goal against Tottenham in the FA Cup was amazing.

Never forget.

Unread 12-03-2009, 02:52 AM
Ether

He's on the glue again

Unread 12-03-2009, 06:26 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Your time would be better spent writing sentences full of shite, rather than paragraphs.

Unread 12-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Whalefish

Unread 12-03-2009, 09:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
He's on the glue again

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:00 AM
MUFC One Love

Berbatov is brilliant at one on ones, very calm.

Luffy, do you rate any attacker apart from Ronaldo and Rossi?

You £#%&!ing pleb.

Tbf though, I did think Scholes was pretty bad, he needs 'legs' around him these days imo, Fletcher/Park or even Ando.

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Berbatov is brilliant at one on ones, very calm.

Luffy, do you rate any attacker apart from Ronaldo and Rossi?

You £#%&!ing pleb.

Tbf though, I did think Scholes was pretty bad, he needs 'legs' around him these days imo, Fletcher/Park or even Ando.
I thought he was good for 60 minutes or so but then faded. Carrick was a complete passenger on the other hand, worst game i've seen him have in ages.

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:07 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I thought he was good for 60 minutes or so but then faded. Carrick was a complete passenger on the other hand, worst game i've seen him have in ages.
I diagree, I thought Scholes was sloppy from the start, and I know it's daft to say it, but Carrick doesn't seem to excel with just Scholes next to him, if Fletcher had played last night it would have been a different Carrick imo. He has to change his game and sit very deep and not leave Scholes isolated.

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I diagree, I thought Scholes was sloppy from the start, and I know it's daft to say it, but Carrick doesn't seem to excel with just Scholes next to him, if Fletcher had played last night it would have been a different Carrick imo. He has to change his game and sit very deep and not leave Scholes isolated.
Fair enough, agree to disagree.

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:19 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Fair enough, agree to disagree.
How dare you. I think we should play our own players against each other, and big up opposition players to hit our own players with a stick to use it as part of our argument. 2 people can't disagree but debate it normally and see where each person is coming from.

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
How dare you. I think we should play our own players against each other, and big up opposition players to hit our own players with a stick to use it as part of our argument. 2 people can't disagree but debate it normally and see where each person is coming from.
OK. Erm, Scoles is £#%&!in' shit, shoulda got Zokora when we could. How's that?

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:33 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
OK. Erm, Scoles is £#%&!in' shit, shoulda got Zokora when we could. How's that?
Brilliant.

Also, we could have got 6 midfielders for a combine fee of about 76 p and we paid £18 million for Carrick.

Fergie is £#%&!ing useless.

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:37 AM
celtbion

[sigh]

The RTE pundits wondered what was the difference from the game in the San Siro as well.

Seems they suffer from the same charming 5' 7" 34 year old ginger blind spot.

Anderson's arrival made us look far more vibrant and solid.

Funny that.

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Whalefish

It's not just Anderson though, it's whoever comes in and plays alongside Carrick. He defaults to Scholes too often when he plays with him. There is simply no need for it. It's painful to watch at times too. Both so £#%&!ing deep the attacking players often end up receiving a pass and then passing it straight back due to a lack of support. Either that or they attempt an ambitious pass/flick/whatever to try and push Utd further forwards which last night, more often than not, just conceded possession.

If Fergie wants to play one up top in Europe it has to be Rooney for me, and there needs to be young lads in midfield who can cover ground at pace and carry the ball forwards. Carrick can probe from deep at will then.

Still, we're not doing too bad.
Closed Thread