United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-03-2009, 11:09 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Top class punditry from Arrigo Sacchi

He reckons Inter have 2 options on wednesday, play shit and hope their keeper keeps them in it or not play shit. Knows his stuff that fella.

Unread 09-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He reckons Inter have 2 options on wednesday, play shit and hope their keeper keeps them in it or not play shit. Knows his stuff that fella.
There is a 3rd option....play shit and get battered by a class outfit.

Maureen will still blame the ref mind.

Unread 09-03-2009, 11:12 AM
MUFC One Love

Got a horrible feeling about Wednesday. Inter were shite in the 1st leg, and will be shite on Wednesday but will probably nick an away goal, go through and Mourinho will large it up as if he is the master.

Unread 09-03-2009, 11:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Got a horrible feeling about Wednesday. Inter were shite in the 1st leg, and will be shite on Wednesday but will probably nick an away goal, go through and Mourinho will large it up as if he is the master.
I do think they'll opt for the first one, play shit, hope their keeper plays well again and ry to nick a goal on the break.

Unread 09-03-2009, 11:15 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

dont think i could cope with the greasy @#%&! running down the touchline in his overcoat, if those @#%&!s equalised in the last 5 minutes

Unread 09-03-2009, 11:16 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
I do think they'll opt for the first one, play shit, hope their keeper plays well again and ry to nick a goal on the break.
Even though our squad is amazing, and we are in good form, I just have a horrible feeling. No doubt when we do go out of a competition (I can't see us winning 'all 5') the media, ABUs etc will start larging it, as if it's been us talking about winning everything, when I haven't heard 1 United player, or even fan say we'll win the lot. On The Sunday Supplement it was as if the journos were just constantly going on about 'all 5' to build it up as much as possible to knock us down when we go out of a comp. Sad @#%&!s.

Unread 09-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Time For Heroes

Was thinking on Saturday before the game that I really wanted to beat Fulham and hopefully get to the Final as a guy at work always gets tickets for the game so I have more chance of going to that than the CL.
Only problem was the 2 games following...I don't mind losing in the CL to a great team etc but not to that smarmy @#%&!, we'd never hear the end of it and we have to thrash the scouse @#%&!s on Saturday and put them in their place!!

Unread 09-03-2009, 11:28 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Got a horrible feeling about Wednesday.
So do I. At this level, you can't afford to miss too many chances; as we did at the San Siro. We really should have put the tie beyond them that night. Have a really bad feeling we'll pay for our wastefulness. tbh, we've been doing it all season.

Sacchi is usually good value when discussing football. I don't think he's a particularly big fan of either the 'Special One' or the football his teams play.

Unread 09-03-2009, 11:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
So do I. At this level, you can't afford to miss too many chances; as we did at the San Siro. We really should have put the tie beyond them that night. Have a really bad feeling we'll pay for our wastefulness. tbh, we've been doing it all season.

Sacchi is usually good value when discussing football. I don't think he's a particularly big fan of either the 'Special One' or the football his teams play.
Don't worry, that's only natural, it means nothing.

Unread 09-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Withers

I'm feeling like a cockney postman at the minute.

Unread 09-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Fountz

Know where you're all coming from

I don't like dominating games and not scoring.. we could feasibly do the same on Wednesday night, perhaps even go one-up only for them to nick one rare defensive mix up and £#%&!ing Inzaghi pops into slot one in..

You'll then get the apologists saying.. yeah but we outclassed them over two legs, we dominated etc etc yadda yadda.. that's all very well and good Sonny but we're out...

However, I think we'll steam roller them.. We'll know within the first 5 minutes whether we're going to over elaborate and try and walk the ball into the net, or we intend to get the job done clinically and efficiently.

Either way, we'll pan the Scousers on Saturday.. It's my Brother-In-Law's turn to have the tickets and they always win he goes...

Unread 09-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Zorg

It's the ghost of Porto '04 that's bringing on all this doom.

Unread 09-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Tumescent Throb

FFS two things

1/ we're £#%&!ing cruising, bang at it, and are about to explode all over anyone who gets in our way

2/ this %@#$&!s about how worried you are about everyone larging it if we lose even though we've never said we'll do it and they'll make out we have even though it was them all along and not us etc etc blah blah blahbeddy blah?

get a £#%&!ing grip. that is exactly what they want you to be thinking right now. the media are £#%&!ing irrelevant. this bullshit is exactly the same principle as the braindead media dripfed loonies who reckon the media's Ronaldo shite in the summer ruined winning the European Cup. er no it £#%&!ing never.

Unread 09-03-2009, 11:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

I agree with TT, though I won't be surprised if he has a pop as a result.

Unread 09-03-2009, 12:06 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It's the ghost of Porto '04 that's bringing on all this doom.
£#%&! that - I remember everyone thinking 0-0 at Monaco and Real Madrid were good results. Look how those home legs both turned out

Unread 09-03-2009, 12:08 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
£#%&! that - I remember everyone thinking 0-0 at Monaco and Real Madrid were good results. Look how those home legs both turned out
I think we are a better side in europe these days and we also understand much better that a 0-0 can be a dodgy result as because of those years. in the end, if we play well, we'll create chances, it's just a matter of putting them away and the signs are better now than for a while that we will.

Unread 09-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Agreed. I had an argument with someone after the Monaco first leg who seemed to think we should have been dancing in the streets at managing a 0-0 away to a half-decent French team.

I do think Fergie's learnt from all these years though, as seen against Barca last year.

Unread 09-03-2009, 12:17 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Agree, we're much better then we were in either 98 or 2000

Quote:
I think we are a better side in europe these days and we also understand much better that a 0-0 can be a dodgy result as because of those years. in the end, if we play well, we'll create chances, it's just a matter of putting them away and the signs are better now than for a while that we will.
Your optimism is a welcome tonic to my customary pre match doom jablonski

I cannot wait for the game. I think I’ve become a little obsessed with them actually, as the two games against Inter have been on my mind for over a month

Unread 09-03-2009, 12:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Your optimism is a welcome tonic to my customary pre match doom jablonski

I cannot wait for the game. I think I’ve become a little obsessed with them actually, as the two games against Inter have been on my mind for over a month
it will wane the closer we get to the game but as i say, that's only natural and doesn't mean anything in terms of the game.

Unread 09-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

personally I think United were brilliant in Europe in 1997/98

Feyenoord home and away were littered with top class moments and were generally highly efficient and tactically sound displays. Juventus at home was absolute quality as United showed they can mix it with the best around.

the Monaco away game was a tense chess match against a very good team on a very poor pitch. I seem to recall Andy Cole being played in behind the defence only to be wrongly given offside.

we didn't lose that tie through poor play, or poor tactics. basically Trezeguet hit an unstoppable shot pretty much out of the blue and we were just unable to recover because injuries had decimated us by the 2nd leg - and continued to during the game!

Monaco were robbed in the semi-finals by Juve, who went on to lose a dour final
Closed Thread