Closed Thread

Unread 08-12-2007, 08:58 PM
TreeFiddy

Default Ronaldo's Dive

No place for that.

I'm not impressed.

Unread 08-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Rhodzy

Rooney gave him a good slap for it after he scored.

Unread 08-12-2007, 08:59 PM
MUFC One Love

I didn't watch the replay properly was it that bad.

Unread 08-12-2007, 09:01 PM
legendary saf

It was that bad MUFC One Love.

No contact whatsoever.

Unread 08-12-2007, 09:03 PM
chorleyred

if so you can guarentee he'll not get a stonewall one next week, like last week

Unread 08-12-2007, 09:03 PM
MUFC One Love

I've been a bit disappointed with Ronaldo this season tbh. Yes he's scoring a lot but I'd rather see him do what he did last season and be a real team player 'cos he is the best at it. To me he has got caught up in his hype a bit and is very obsessed with personal glory. Needs to get back to basics tbh.

Unread 08-12-2007, 09:04 PM
wiganste

I missed it. Anyone got a link?

legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I've been a bit disappointed with Ronaldo this season tbh. Yes he's scoring a lot but I'd rather see him do what he did last season and be a real team player 'cos he is the best at it. To me he has got caught up in his hype a bit and is very obsessed with personal glory. Needs to get back to basics tbh.
Sadly that is the truth.

naes_sean

Quote:
I didn't watch the replay properly was it that bad.
seen worse but there was minimal contact. Wasn't his first dive of the afternoon either tbh.

Unread 08-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Agreed. He's lacking something from last year. Last year there were times where if we weren't winning the team seemed to look to him for a solution and more often than not he'd provide it. This year he seems intent on scoring lots of goals no matter what. fergie needs to have a word.

Unread 08-12-2007, 09:12 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Agreed. He's lacking something from last year. Last year there were times where if we weren't winning the team seemed to look to him for a solution and more often than not he'd provide it. This year he seems intent on scoring lots of goals no matter what. fergie needs to have a word.
Agreed. It's like now he thinks the more you score the more bigger awards you get. Last season he was frightening. He was unstoppable. He was a part of all our moves and was a big part of the way we played. Now he just seems obsessed with bleeding scoring. The amount of times he cuts in and trys to shoot is worrying imo. Compare that with Rooney. He's rightly disappointed if he doesn't score but he will always look to be a team player more than score. He always says it himself when he's on a run of not scoring 'playing for the team is more important and the team winning'.

Unread 08-12-2007, 09:13 PM
TreeFiddy

Here's a link for anyone who hasn't seen it.

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/1592157

I defended Ronaldo vehemently this week when mates were saying it serves him right for not getting the penalty against Fulham because he dives all the time. I said he doesn't really dive any more and that it was an unfair reputation which came from when he first arrived in England. Unfortunately, it looks as though I was wrong and I'm not going to ignore it or play it down just because it was a United player. I'm anti-diving and that's not something I'm willing to turn a blind eye to.

Unread 09-12-2007, 07:29 AM
sharath

errr... ronaldo's left leg got caught in the defenders right foot. if you slow down the video you see the defender putting his foot across and suddenly pulling it back. the fact that he went down a bit theatrically doesn't mean there was no contact all

And I wouldn't trust tevez with a chance from 12 yards anyway... He looks like another one among the strikers who are at their best when they don't think for long time. miss easy ones score difficult ones...

The goal difference is one more than arsenal's now. It might be important come end of the season.

Unread 09-12-2007, 07:31 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
errr... ronaldo's left leg got caught in the defenders right foot. if you slow down the video you see the defender putting his foot across and suddenly pulling it back. the fact that he went down a bit theatrically doesn't mean there was no contact all

And I wouldn't trust tevez with a chance from 12 yards anyway... He looks like another one among the strikers who are at their best when they don't think for long time. miss easy ones score difficult ones...

The goal difference is one more than arsenal's now. It might be important come end of the season.
It was a £#%&!ing dive you plum.

In fact, it was very similar to what Robet Pires did v Portsmouth a few years ago.

What do you actually know about football?

Unread 09-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Yup. Unfortunetly. Quality quality player but he absolutely idolises himself.

Unread 09-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Was always going to be a danger with his recent accolades. I just hope he pulls his finger out rather than disappearing up his own arse.

Unread 09-12-2007, 01:13 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Yup. Unfortunetly. Quality quality player but he absolutely idolises himself.
But I wouldn't say that he's become greedy or self centred as a result. He's still gettig plenty of assists and punched the air with delight when Giggs scored.

I'm not quite sure what people are referring to when they say Ronnie's been a bit out of sorts this season.

Unread 09-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Luffy

I usually say Ronaldo never dives and his rep is unfair, but he was diving on Sat and we shouldnt ignore it. Maybe Anderson and Nani haven't been told off so he thought he might go down a few times here.

For the pen he did leave his leg out and manufactured contact if you like. Nevertheless I suppose he was pissed off for getting booked after successfully hurdling the last penalty tackle, now he has to make sure when someone gets in his way he has to show some contact. good on him from that perspective.

as for his form, his form last season was ridiculous, he was the best player on the planet. not quite there this season but 3 of our goals came almost singlehandedly from him yesterday and similar can be said of many of our goals recently. without him we would be struggling so much more.

same way people criticise his freekicks. while they're not tha good, they're still the best in the team for creating chaos which we often benefit from and ronaldo freekicks have led to more goals from any freekick taker we've had since beckham.

Unread 09-12-2007, 01:57 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
I usually say Ronaldo never dives and his rep is unfair, but he was diving on Sat and we shouldnt ignore it. Maybe Anderson and Nani haven't been told off so he thought he might go down a few times here.

For the pen he did leave his leg out and manufactured contact if you like. Nevertheless I suppose he was pissed off for getting booked after successfully hurdling the last penalty tackle, now he has to make sure when someone gets in his way he has to show some contact. good on him from that perspective.

as for his form, his form last season was ridiculous, he was the best player on the planet. not quite there this season but 3 of our goals came almost singlehandedly from him yesterday and similar can be said of many of our goals recently. without him we would be struggling so much more.

same way people criticise his freekicks. while they're not tha good, they're still the best in the team for creating chaos which we often benefit from and ronaldo freekicks have led to more goals from any freekick taker we've had since beckham.
Good post, sir.

Unread 09-12-2007, 02:34 PM
MUFC One Love

Sharath, I'm ashamed people like you support United, well are 'fans' of our club.

Thank £#%&! you're just a internet United fan you utter £#%&!ing #@&%!.

You're persistent picking at our players except Ronaldo is embarrassing.

You only support United because we have a couple of the world's top stars at the club currently, don't you?
Closed Thread