United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Mananger next season?
Eric ten Hag 53 63.10%
McKenna 5 5.95%
Poch 7 8.33%
Tuchel 6 7.14%
Southgate 1 1.19%
De Zerbi 1 1.19%
Thomas Frank 1 1.19%
Potter 0 0%
Other 10 11.90%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 25-05-2024, 02:27 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Simeone would be the dream, Inzaghi would be a good option.

Out of that list, it's Poch for me. Walked in to a steaming pile of shit of a mess at Chelsea, ended up playing quality football and winning. A very good manager.
Have you seen how much he is on at Atletico?

Regarding Pochettino I share the concerns of above poster who says he hasn't been the same since leaving Spurs

Unread 25-05-2024, 05:10 PM
Fat Al

Now that the season is complete, it's easy.

ETH to stay. See how things go with INEOS

Unread 25-05-2024, 05:12 PM
Zorg

Erik in.

Give him another season.

Unread 25-05-2024, 05:12 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Bunker Buster, chooch, Denis Irwell, Dr Stranger, Fat Al, Finport Red, goldfinger II, History, lenin, Msgr A Brook, naes_sean, NedKelly, Neo, OohAahCantona, Parlabane, patty1038, Pepe le Pew, puressence, RedNick80, Rorschach, Whip Hubley, woody78, Zorg
The lads

Unread 25-05-2024, 05:19 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
The lads
£#%&! off

Unread 25-05-2024, 05:25 PM
Lodestar

We've had bad injuries this season allied with poor recruitment choices that have cost us. With a sound structure above ETH l think he deserves another chance. There are few choices out there and ANYONE coming in will need at least 3 seasons.

Unread 27-05-2024, 06:50 PM
jem

Quote:
If United appoint Pochettino, he will look to bring midfielder Conor Gallagher and defender Trevoh Chalobah with him from Chelsea to Old Trafford.
I choose to believe this.

Unread 28-05-2024, 01:23 AM
croady26

Can't help feeling this Tuchel fallout narrative getting peddled by many is a bit lazy, might be something to do with the useless execs at previous clubs

Unread 28-05-2024, 03:28 AM
Offerington

ETH but if not, def Poch. No one else worth looking at RN.

Motta and McKennoh still too unproven despite clearly being talented. Simone Inzaghi an interesting one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
I choose to believe this.

Gallagher is a quality player tbf.

Unread 28-05-2024, 09:23 AM
bazrah99

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
Take note of the names supporting ETH.

a manager who led us to a embarrassing 8th. Behind a very shit Chelsea and even Newcastle. They don’t want the best for the club. They support a shit manager not United!
No club with standards would keep on ETH. Despite whatever injuries, they’re should still be a level on competency.

Chelsea has as many injuries and still finished above us!
Fergie had a very similar season to this and was on the verge of being sacked. Many fans wanted him gone and the FA Cup final saved his job. I don't think it is as black and white as you suggest. I am not saying ETH is the man to take the club forward, but many people look to the past to make a judgement on the future.

Unread 28-05-2024, 10:11 AM
Zorg

Chelsea spent loads, finished 7th and are in the Europa Conference League.

United spent loads, finished 8th, won the FA Cup and are in the Europa League. Chelsea only finished above us because of two dodgy penalties against us.

There is simply no good argument for the Chelsea manager to take over at United! It's absolutely ridiculous!

Unread 28-05-2024, 11:16 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Chelsea spent loads, finished 7th and are in the Europa Conference League.

United spent loads, finished 8th, won the FA Cup and are in the Europa League. Chelsea only finished above us because of two dodgy penalties against us.

There is simply no good argument for the Chelsea manager to take over at United! It's absolutely ridiculous!
I don't want Poch but I think the situation is slightly different than just the league position. Poch took over a club in an absolute mess - maybe even worse than us - and with a bloated, overpaid squad. Started bad. Very bad. But for 2024 they were the best performing team behind City and Arsenal (I read that somewhere so hope it's true ). Chelsea were stupid to sack him.

Unread 28-05-2024, 02:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
I don't want Poch but I think the situation is slightly different than just the league position. Poch took over a club in an absolute mess - maybe even worse than us - and with a bloated, overpaid squad. Started bad. Very bad. But for 2024 they were the best performing team behind City and Arsenal (I read that somewhere so hope it's true ). Chelsea were stupid to sack him.
Look at the off-field crap Erik has had. We're told those are excuses, but people are willing to give other managers the benefit of the doubt. For some reason Pochettino gets more than most - it was Levy at Spurs, it was the circus at PSG, Chelsea was a mess. At what point is winning nothing in England actually his fault?

Unread 28-05-2024, 02:30 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazrah99 View Post
I don't think it is as black and white as you suggest.

New to Marlo etc ?

Unread 28-05-2024, 04:44 PM
bazrah99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie View Post

New to Marlo etc ?
I guess so

Unread 28-05-2024, 04:47 PM
madhattricks

Can’t believe I voted this way because I have been ten Hag out for awhile. But watching Barca and Munich and now Chelsea make the underwhelming hires they have. I do not see anyone available that is a definitive upgrade. At this point, I’d rather INEOS focus on righting the roster. Build the defensive spine.

Unread 28-05-2024, 04:58 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhattricks View Post
righting the roster.
🙄

Unread 28-05-2024, 05:26 PM
madhattricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
🙄
You think the squad is fine the way it is? Or am I missing something?

Unread 28-05-2024, 05:33 PM
larry

for the record here are the 24 10h voters captured prior to the cup final

Bunker Buster, chooch, Denis Irwell, Dr Stranger, Fat Al, Finport Red, goldfinger II, History, larry, lenin, Msgr A Brook, naes_sean, Neo, OohAahCantona, Parlabane, patty1038, Pepe le Pew, puressence, RedNick80, Rorschach, Whip Hubley, woody78, Zorg

now up to 49

Unread 28-05-2024, 05:34 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
for the record here are the 24 10h voters captured prior to the cup final

Bunker Buster, chooch, Denis Irwell, Dr Stranger, Fat Al, Finport Red, goldfinger II, History, larry, lenin, Msgr A Brook, naes_sean, Neo, OohAahCantona, Parlabane, patty1038, Pepe le Pew, puressence, RedNick80, Rorschach, Whip Hubley, woody78, Zorg

now up to 49
I’ve got a screenshot proving I was the first voter in case you tried to pull this.