United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2021, 01:00 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
He's twice the player of Telles. Not even an argument who's first choice left back
It’s his first good game all season. Or are we expected to forget all the mistakes he made . He was just as culpable as maguire with mistakes this season. He just isn’t the captain and was rightly dropped. Rather play telles ahead of shaw. Three different managers . He isn’t the long term solution for us at LB . Too many times do we go through this with players. He needs binning or if he wants he would be a good number two LB to have at the club

Unread 31-12-2021, 01:08 PM
tatty

I thought we had England’s left back for the next decade when we signed him but like many other arrivals we seem to coach them backwards and ruin them mentally in to the bargain.

Unread 31-12-2021, 01:13 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I especially like it where he won the ball, did a 180 degree turn and then punted out for a corner to Burnley.
I especially loved it as I had United to win and under 13 corners and that wonderful piece of play took it up to 12 with a few minutes still to go

Unread 31-12-2021, 01:14 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I thought we had England’s left back for the next decade when we signed him but like many other arrivals we seem to coach them backwards and ruin them mentally in to the bargain.
I think a lot of people forget that injury under LVG could have ended other players careers. It’s no small thing coming back from that. When you think about the inconsistency in management - lurching from one style to the next - then I think it makes sense as to why some players have themselves become very inconsistent.

That said, he was brilliant last year and just needed the rest imo. It’s not like Maguire where you can see his physical and mental deficiencies with every passing game - no amount of rest is going to give Maguire more pace/class/anything really.

Unread 31-12-2021, 01:39 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
It’s his first good game all season. Or are we expected to forget all the mistakes he made . He was just as culpable as maguire with mistakes this season. He just isn’t the captain and was rightly dropped. Rather play telles ahead of shaw. Three different managers . He isn’t the long term solution for us at LB . Too many times do we go through this with players. He needs binning or if he wants he would be a good number two LB to have at the club
So its OK for you to forget whats he's been playing like for the last 2 years because he had a slow start to the season?

He's one the best full backs out there. Telles is a good back up option when needed. No where near shaws level though.

Unread 31-12-2021, 01:46 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
So its OK for you to forget whats he's been playing like for the last 2 years because he had a slow start to the season?

He's one the best full backs out there. Telles is a good back up option when needed. No where near shaws level though.
He has had 7 and a half seasons at Man Utd. He has had ONE good season at the club and probably 3 good months when LVG first arrived. That is not good enough for when you want to challenge for the title.
Especially when three managers have called him out on his professionalism .

Top players can have bad games, shaw has been bad all season. Tbh even if he plays shaw from now till the end. I cannot see him cementing his place so much that we wouldn’t need a new full back

I don’t think telles is the answer either but I rather give him the spot than shaw.

Unread 31-12-2021, 01:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
He has had 7 and a half seasons at Man Utd. He has had ONE good season at the club and probably 3 good months when LVG first arrived. That is not good enough for when you want to challenge for the title.
Especially when three managers have called him out on his professionalism .

I don’t think telles is the answer either but I rather give him the spot than shaw.
That’s simply not true. Sorry.

Unread 31-12-2021, 01:50 PM
History

Lazy to think shaws only had 1 good year. An opinion of somebody who only listens to sky sports news pundits instead of watching the games

Unread 31-12-2021, 01:53 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That’s simply not true. Sorry.
In the season before his “good one” he has a total of 6 assists in the premier league. At full back at this club part of his duty will be to be a good forward player

I get he has injuries so let’s do it by numbers, 13 assists in 203 appearances for the club. 5 of them came last season. Il admit he had a very good season last year. But beyond that he has been shit to average.

That stats don’t show his poor positioning and his lack of desire. Plenty of clips of him just walking by whilst we are being countered .

Two different managers have called him out for being overweight .after the first he should have made sure it couldn’t happen again

He is an ok player, just not good enough for us. One of things we do at United is keep players that just aren’t good enough. People will be saying the same with Bailey soon and I don’t doubt something about a Fred resurgence in the near future. He isn’t good enough.

Shaw can barely break into the England team.

Again, I think he was fantastic last season but top players follow it up with another good season. He hasn’t. He has had one good game, I hope he can build on it an continue , I just don’t see it happening based on his performances for us across his career

Quote:
Lazy to think shaws only had 1 good year. An opinion of somebody who only listens to sky sports news pundits instead of watching the games
Tell me then of another fantastic season he has had?

Unread 31-12-2021, 02:14 PM
dunk

Full backs have only been judged on assists since Klopp tbf.

He lacked consistency prior to last season nqat, but he was player of the year 2-3 seasons ago(?) which is prior to last season, he was already an important player the season before last, when our tilt at top 4 and the EL stalled when he was injured v Southampton at OT and he missed the conclusion, and we missed him horribly. So that just goes to show he hasn’t had ‘1 good season’.

Unread 31-12-2021, 03:01 PM
AK14

Not one of his biggest fans but he’s been decent for a couple of season now tbf. Overrated obviously but he’s been okay until this season when he’s been very poor.

Unread 31-12-2021, 03:41 PM
Hank Scorpio

Yet another overrated player whose default performance is just coasting along with minimal effort.
Probably not in the top 5 of our current problems but another one who'll ultimately have to be replaced if we want to be successful again.

Unread 05-02-2022, 11:20 AM
redhegemony

His corners were crap and his crossing to the invisible man at the back post hopeless. Never busts a gut to get back. Time to replace.

Unread 05-02-2022, 12:03 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Also worth pointing out this utter v****a let Elanga take a penalty before himself. Senior pro. *****.
Yep. Another £#%&!ing waste of space bottle job. Hate him. Get the £#%&! out of united you fat lump.

Unread 05-02-2022, 12:20 PM
armchair

I doubt he'll ever be fit enough.

Unread 05-02-2022, 02:29 PM
Dr Stranger

I hate him.

Maybe a combined 18 months of good football In EIGHT years.

Overrated and mentally pathetic. Another reb-a-gob after
Games too. Happy to point out how we all have to
Look in the mirror when he’s one of the worst candidates. All talk. A fitting avatar of what we’ve come to accept these days.

Get rid.

Unread 05-02-2022, 02:50 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I hate him.

Maybe a combined 18 months of good football In EIGHT years.

Overrated and mentally pathetic. Another reb-a-gob after
Games too. Happy to point out how we all have to
Look in the mirror when he’s one of the worst candidates. All talk. A fitting avatar of what we’ve come to accept these days.

Get rid.

It’s what Manchester United do. Reward shit. Lvg and Jose both called him shit. Did well for one season under ole and reverted back to shit. Nothing will change. Owners treat players like assets with minimum ambition . I’ve lowered all expectations.

Don’t do it to yourself. We are a marketing company with a club on the side and at best are an upper mid table team

Unread 05-02-2022, 02:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
It’s what Manchester United do. Reward shit. Lvg and Jose both called him shit. Did well for one season under ole and reverted back to shit. Nothing will change. Owners treat players like assets with minimum ambition . I’ve lowered all expectations.

Don’t do it to yourself. We are a marketing company with a club on the side and at best are an upper mid table team
Unfortunately buddy, I will always do it to myself. What we do innit.

Unread 05-02-2022, 05:38 PM
The Stella Fella

Glad to see you ve all started seeing the things I ve banged on about for the last 4/5 years. Welcome.

Unread 05-02-2022, 05:51 PM
tatty

I thought we had England's left back for the next decade when we signed him.

Like Maguire I can't really dislike him though, he's just not good enough.

Unlike a few others who I loathe.
Closed Thread