United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Zorg

This forum:

United win = 'Ferguson has built another great team, we will go on to dominate, blah blah blah'

United lose = 'This team is rubbish without it's best players (er, well spotted ), the new players aren't as good as we thought, blah blah blah'

Unread 26-11-2007, 05:09 AM
sharath

At some of the comments ....

Was in a bad mood yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Yep. Berbatov, who last season managed one league goal against a team that finished in the top half of the table (Everton), is more of a big game player than Tevez, who scored against Spurs, Chelsea and Utd when every match came with the pressure of a struggle against relegation. Copa what now?

Berbatov is also a better goalscorer than Saha, who magically happened to score at a higher rate (0.44 goals per 90 minutes) than Berbatov (0.40) last season. Decidedly crap Tevez managed a very similar strike rate (0.37) with renowned attacking maestros West Ham.

Totally impotent "striker" Saha also has somehow managed to fluke his way to the same number of league goals as Berbatov this season, in less than one third of the minutes. While famed non-scorer Tevez currently has twice as many goals in the league.

Michael Carrick has played lots of football over the past two months, conclusively demonstrating that he's lost all of his footballing ability overnight. And we should expect Nani to perform at a high level every £#%&!ing week! Leader in assists? What the £#%&! is an assist? How much did we pay for that useless @#%&! again?

We also can't play at all without Ronaldo in the team, as our horribly inept 4-0 demolition of Aston Villa so clearly demonstrated. And that 2-0 against Blackburn without Rooney was shocking as well.
But I disagree with serenity...

First of all how many did rooney score before we bought him? berbatov is a fantastic player.

And at home and against weak teams like villa, we can play without rooney and ronaldo, but against good sides, even decent sides we will struggle without them. So much for arsenal being one man team of fabregas...we are the same....

Unread 26-11-2007, 05:35 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

This team is so new you couldnt really compare them to previous teams yet; too many new players etc, give them a few seasons to establish themselves and then you can look back and compare.

Unread 26-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Speckled Sod

This 94 lovefest really needs to stop. Its getting embarrassing

Unread 26-11-2007, 06:08 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
First of all how many did rooney score before we bought him? berbatov is a fantastic player.
Rooney was a kid when we bought him. Berbatov will be 27 in January. It's a ridiculous comparison to make. And I have never denied that Berbatov is a good player, I only took issue with some of your comments.

You said that Saha and Tevez are "useless when it comes to scoring goals" and "only score against shit teams with no will to win". Both of these statements are quite clearly absolute nonsense. As I have shown, their goalscoring records stand up perfectly well to the Bulgarian's, and if anyone only scores against shit teams with no will to win it's Berbatov.

Oh and if you want to see a bad display of big match finishing, have a look at Berbatov's performances against Chelsea in the FA Cup last season.
Quote:
And at home and against weak teams like villa, we can play without rooney and ronaldo, but against good sides, even decent sides we will struggle without them. So much for arsenal being one man team of fabregas...we are the same....
Yes. Chelsea beating, Stevie G dive requiring, seventh place with a game in hand Villa are totally crap.

Unread 26-11-2007, 06:38 AM
sharath

Quote:
Rooney was a kid when we bought him. Berbatov will be 27 in January. It's a ridiculous comparison to make. And I have never denied that Berbatov is a good player, I only took issue with some of your comments.

You said that Saha and Tevez are "useless when it comes to scoring goals" and "only score against shit teams with no will to win". Both of these statements are quite clearly absolute nonsense. As I have shown, their goalscoring records stand up perfectly well to the Bulgarian's, and if anyone only scores against shit teams with no will to win it's Berbatov.

Oh and if you want to see a bad display of big match finishing, have a look at Berbatov's performances against Chelsea in the FA Cup last season.Yes. Chelsea beating, Stevie G dive requiring, seventh place with a game in hand Villa are totally crap.
first things first, 27 or 18, it doesn't make a difference. quality is still quality.

How many have tevez and saha actually scored?

tevez one against chelsea from a corner, saha against sunderland from a corner, tevez against wigan at home and then... I am scratching my head.

Berbatov is clearly a better striker than tevez. a strikers most required attribute is scoring goals. not his chasing back for balls or fannying around 40 yards from the box. The thing is tevez is almost rendered useless without rooney and ronaldo who make up for most of his goal scoring hindarance....

Do you believe straight on straight if both berbatov and tevez play in same team, that tevez will score more than berbatov?

The point is with saha almost useless always, rooney being a bit fragile we are so much dependent on ronaldo getting into box and scoring goals. which is a dangerous thing. strikers are meant to be getting in the box at the end of chances not wingers. I rest my case.

Unread 26-11-2007, 07:09 AM
Serenity Now

So there is no difference in development between a teenager and a player in his late twenties? I do hope you're £#%&!ing joking.

You seem to want a RvN style penalty box predator, yet the player you suggest is Berbatov? Have you actually watched the man play? Defoe and Robbie Keane both scored at a higher clip than him last season for Spurs.

Oh, and since you appear to have developed a rather worrying case of Alzheimer's, Tevez has scored 5 goals in total, 4 in the league. Saha has scored 2 in the league, the same number as the goal-scorer supreme.

Unread 26-11-2007, 07:33 AM
sharath

Quote:
So there is no difference in development between a teenager and a player in his late twenties? I do hope you're £#%&!ing joking.

You seem to want a RvN style penalty box predator, yet the player you suggest is Berbatov? Have you actually watched the man play? Defoe and Robbie Keane both scored at a higher clip than him last season for Spurs.

Oh, and since you appear to have developed a rather worrying case of Alzheimer's, Tevez has scored 5 goals in total, 4 in the league. Saha has scored 2 in the league, the same number as the goal-scorer supreme.
I could only remember those goals at the top of my head 2 against wigan, one against chelsea in premiership.. sorry if they have scored more in premiership...

contrary to what you suggest. I don't want RVN style penalty box predator but some striker who can actually score goals and assist goals. Like anelka, berbatov.

robbie keane has scored more, but so has healy in internationals...

what stands out is always class...

Its not like I am hell bent on berbatov, but someone who is fit, who can score goals and who can set up goals. May be anelka...

somehow we always laugh at kuyt when thinking how much scouse love him for his work rate yet thats what he are proud about tevez not his goals... ( at least so far )

Unread 26-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Whalefish

Too sensible Lou. Far too sensible...

If by the end of January our striking options are Tevez, Rooney and Anelka I'll be jumping through hoops. Anyone who can't see the quality in Tevez needs shooting tbh.

And that's the end of that chapter.

Unread 26-11-2007, 08:30 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Too sensible Lou. Far too sensible...

If by the end of January our striking options are Tevez, Rooney and Anelka I'll be jumping through hoops. Anyone who can't see the quality in Tevez needs shooting tbh.

And that's the end of that chapter.
Having that.

Unread 26-11-2007, 08:37 AM
sharath

Anelka... how good that will be

Unread 26-11-2007, 09:14 AM
MUFC One Love

Sharath shows himself up to be a foreign glory hunting United fan who has never been to Old Trafford. There as so many flaws in the post that it's not worth saying them all. I thought I was over-reacting to the defeat but I thought I had reason to say the point I was trying to say because I was disappointed that, with our great squad, Fergie still made the wrong selections I thought for a game like Bolton away - that's all. You have basically said the team/squad is £#%&! bar Rooney and Ronaldo.

Firstly, as mentioned, our great teams use to lose to shit you know. The problem is as time goes by every year the story of how great the 94 and 99 sides were grows. At the time that was just the team, so when we lost to shit would you have reacted the same? Yes you would.

I was praising Berbatov yesterday but to claim that everyone is shit apart from Rooney and Ronaldo and Berbatov would suddenly change us is laughable considering we're champions.

Your statement on the team playing like an "English team" shows what your real gripe is. You're just gutted 'cos you couldn't brag about Ronaldo's tricks etc and wrap yourself in your Ronaldo duvet after another win. Get back on Pro Evo and carry on basing your football knowledge on that, you @#%&!.

Unread 26-11-2007, 09:21 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Sharath shows himself up to be a foreign glory hunting United fan who has never been to Old Trafford. There as so many flaws in the post that it's not worth saying them all. I thought I was over-reacting to the defeat but I thought I had reason to say the point I was trying to say because I was disappointed that, with our great squad, Fergie still made the wrong selections I thought for a game like Bolton away - that's all. You have basically said the team/squad is £#%&! bar Rooney and Ronaldo.

Firstly, as mentioned, our great teams use to lose to shit you know. The problem is as time goes by every year the story of how great the 94 and 99 sides were grows. At the time that was just the team, so when we lost to shit would you have reacted the same? Yes you would.

I was praising Berbatov yesterday but to claim that everyone is shit apart from Rooney and Ronaldo and Berbatov would suddenly change us is laughable considering we're champions.

Your statement on the team playing like an "English team" shows what your real gripe is. You're just gutted 'cos you couldn't brag about Ronaldo's tricks etc and wrap yourself in your Ronaldo duvet after another win. Get back on Pro Evo and carry on basing your football knowledge on that, you @#%&!.
I didn't say everyone is shit... They struggle without ronaldo and rooney. thats all.

And how gutted are you that the best player at united is a portugese. And english players can't match european players talent. you must be gutted don't you?

It doesn't matter to me whether a players comes from middelsborough or yokohama as long as they are good enough.

I would love the day when the united team is full of foriegners ( not because I want it ) but to ram it down your throat you dick...

Unread 26-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Whalefish

Apart from being short on a striker and possibly back up for Evra there is £#%&! all wrong with this squad.

Unread 26-11-2007, 09:27 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Apart from being short on a striker and possibly back up for Evra there is £#%&! all wrong with this squad.
could be. But I hope this team has the character to come up with the goods when a couple of first teamers are not there around.

yesterday was the day when carrick, giggs should have stood up and be counted. instead they went hiding.

Unread 26-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Whalefish

Carrick turned in a shit shift, it happens.

I wouldn't knee jerk just because of one game. As Ste said elsewhere if this leads to another 10 game unbeaten/winning run then Bolton will have been forgotten.

Like I said there's nothing wrong with the squad. Apart from up front there are good options throughout.

Unread 26-11-2007, 09:49 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
I didn't say everyone is shit... They struggle without ronaldo and rooney. thats all.

And how gutted are you that the best player at united is a portugese. And english players can't match european players talent. you must be gutted don't you?

It doesn't matter to me whether a players comes from middelsborough or yokohama as long as they are good enough.

I would love the day when the united team is full of foriegners ( not because I want it ) but to ram it down your throat you dick...

what a @#%&! you are???
I thought mufc one love was overeacting but you really are a @#%&! who wants to see a team full of foreigners

why do you support united?
you live in bombay india and have never been to the uk let alone ot?
you dont have united best interests at heart as you "would love" if the club lost its english identity and just become a team full of foreigners?

i agree and think ronaldo is our best player followed by rooney but why gloat about it as if to say our homegrown players are rubbish.
Its seems you and leg saf cant stand english players and love foreign names and guess what?
one of you is swedish and trying to learn portugese and the other a indian teenager who just wants to see tricks and flicks..

have india produced any players as good as me(yes me) in the last 100 years?doesnt that piss you off?

for you to say united "looked too english" is incredible....and then use that to criticise the team

p.s. what happen to your insider gossip that you would go on about on the sanctuary.remember you uncle is a football agent and used to tell you things first,if only we knew you were just a boy in india with subscription to tribal football.com and a steady internet connection....

Unread 26-11-2007, 09:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

We struggle without Rooney and Ronnie. Err, wouldn't anyone struggle without 2 players of that quality. By the way sharath can you not see the inherant problem in saying we are a one man team like Arsenal 'cos we struggle without these TWO players? Fact was we had a few injuries which Fergie exacerbated by not playing Ronnie and Anderson and we had 3 or 4 players, Saha and Carrick particularly, totally off form. It happens. I think we may in the long term be better for it 'cos it shows Anderson should play and that no matter the oponents, you can't just phone a performance in.

Unread 26-11-2007, 10:03 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

What? Haven't you ever seen me speak about my English stance? I have no time for the English national team at all so why would I want an English team? Stop turning it round, you basically highlighted that you don't like a team which is English based. Where have I said anything about wanting English? Stop making out Ronnie is for the foreign fans. I seen him make his debut and have seen him god knows how many times and supported him. We even stood by him when he was being crucified by the press for diving then "getting rooney sent off" When have you ever supported him?

Just re-read your post and tell me you think I was talking %@#$&!s about you. One minute we're invincible then you come up with that post. Seriously just read it and look how spoilt and fickle you are.

Unread 26-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Stretters

This forum does make me laugh

Anyone would think United have a right to win the game before its played, players are allowed to have off games, only human after all. Hopefully the hairdryer treatment will of been out and it will do us the world of good
Closed Thread