United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-04-2023, 09:28 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Why are you writing off the FA Cup so easily? United in a one off game (should we both get there) is hardly a plum tie for them.
I'm not 100% sure we get past Brighton FFS.....

I'd hate to play them in the final.....

Unread 12-04-2023, 09:42 AM
Dr Stranger

That final will depend a lot on how much is left to play for for each team. If city are taken the wire in the league and they’re into a CL final….meanwhile, maybe we’re ok for 4th and out of Europa and we can rest a few.

I also think a lot will depend on us beating Brighton. Saw a stat the other day that no team has ever won a final after being knocked out in the semi final

Unread 12-04-2023, 09:54 AM
Bunker Buster

Why would we rest players for a final

Unread 12-04-2023, 09:55 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Rest a few before the final.

Unread 12-04-2023, 09:56 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Need to make sure we are ready for the pre-season tournament in America.

Unread 12-04-2023, 09:57 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Can’t be losing to Wrexham.

Unread 12-04-2023, 09:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
oh right, thats how we beat city in the final who have already put about 8 past us this season...

Absolutely dreading it all ready...

Feel sick.

Quote:

Good point....

Unread 12-04-2023, 09:59 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Quote:
oh right, thats how we beat city in the final who have already put about 8 past us this season...

Absolutely dreading it all ready...

Feel sick.

Good point....
Cheer up. Maybe Brighton will knock us out 👍

Unread 12-04-2023, 10:01 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Cheer up. Maybe Brighton will knock us out 👍
Will give you something to post about for days on end....

Every cloud ...

Unread 12-04-2023, 10:13 AM
ZiggyStardust

After ordeal of that Liverpool quadruple hunt last season I honestly can't be bothered worrying about this

There's still a lot of matches to go
I'll worry about it more if its on come the end of the season

Unread 12-04-2023, 10:20 AM
Stickman

If they end up playing Napoli for the CL at least Napoli supporters will turn it into a home game. The bert’s would get eaten alive atmosphere wise.

Unread 12-04-2023, 10:23 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
If they end up playing Napoli for the CL at least Napoli supporters will turn it into a home game. The bert’s would get eaten alive atmosphere wise.
Atmosphere trophy, warra result !

Unread 12-04-2023, 10:23 AM
Ethers

Quote:
That’s some massive chunks of comfort that City will lose the atmospheres. Happy days.

Unread 12-04-2023, 10:24 AM
Stickman

aaaah

deliberately obtuse.

Bants

oi oiiiiii

Unread 12-04-2023, 10:35 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It’s absolutely disgusting. What a set of absolute @#%&!s. The fans, the players, the manager, the entire organisation. I absolutely £#%&!ing despise them and everything they stand for.

Can’t cope with the thought of them winning the treble. £#%&!ing hell. Half of the country will be submerged in a sticky tsunami when the football journos allow themselves a gleeful release at this incredible achievement.

Still, great news about the arsenal fans eh.
Yeah, now it's becoming more likely, I'd even let 'Troopz' move in with me and nail my wife every night than see the Treble violated by City.

Unread 12-04-2023, 10:38 AM
Ethers

Quote:
aaaah

deliberately obtuse.

Bants

oi oiiiiii
It’s not being obtuse. It’s literally irrelevant what kind of atmosphere the Napoli fans make ffs.

Unread 12-04-2023, 10:49 AM
MagnificentSeven

i still think arsenal will get themselves over the line.

city have a great chance of winning the cl, but it's where they always come unstuck. no one really expected chelsea to beat them in 2021 but that tournament has always been their achilles heel, and pep's too since he left barca.

it's up to us to stop them from winning the fa cup, which could go either way as evidenced by our two games against them this season. we have a good chance of winning it for ourselves, but we also have a good chance of yet again rolling over for them.

Unread 12-04-2023, 10:55 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It’s not being obtuse. It’s literally irrelevant what kind of atmosphere the Napoli fans make ffs.
Having the crowd has its uses, much like playing at home. Out of the teams left Napolis would be able to turn that to their advantage more than may imo.

Unread 12-04-2023, 11:03 AM
dragflick

Quote:
We could play in the Europa League final in Budapest the midweek before the FA Cup final, whilst city would have had a week's rest

Unread 12-04-2023, 11:08 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Will give you something to post about for days on end....

Every cloud ...
You’re the one pissing and moaning about a game we aren’t even guaranteed to play yet, Pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
We could play in the Europa League final in Budapest the midweek before the FA Cup final, whilst city would have had a week's rest
Meant more if we’re out already. They could end up with loads of games around a final. We could. Or both might be knocked out. That’s why I’m saying we’ll have a better indication nearer the time.

Feels like we’ve gone into most big games this season far less fresh than the opposition. Liverpool A, Newcastle A, Arsenal A, Cup Final…. Be nice if we could actually have a kinder schedule and maybe have our league spot wrapped up with a couple of games to spare.
Closed Thread