United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Tropical

Default I say potato,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
No; my agenda is nothing to do with I told you so (even though I did ;-)) The title was carefully chosen: "hopefully another moment of clarity".
and you say, um... potato.

Rephrasing it doesn't change the meaning, old boy: "Hopefully the doomlords will see that I was right and they are wrong." You know what? I hope so too. But the test of that is yet to come.

But I'll happily agree to disagree on our views of the squad. My real point is that it rather diminishes the joy and beauty of last night to immediately harness it in service of your viewpoint, rather than enjoy it for itself. It suggests the possibility (only the possibility, mind) that you are even more concerned with being right than with being happy about United. And that is something of which I would never accuse even the doomiest of doomlords.

Unread 11-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
and you say, um... potato.

Rephrasing it doesn't change the meaning, old boy: "Hopefully the doomlords will see that I was right and they are wrong." You know what? I hope so too. But the test of that is yet to come.

But I'll happily agree to disagree on our views of the squad. My real point is that it rather diminishes the joy and beauty of last night to immediately harness it in service of your viewpoint, rather than enjoy it for itself. It suggests the possibility (only the possibility, mind) that you are even more concerned with being right than with being happy about United. And that is something of which I would never accuse even the doomiest of doomlords.
So now are you arguing about me not agreeing with your argument?

A moment of clarity is of course what drunks have in between burying their heads in the pint. It's only a little piss-take, though 7-1 was a pretty vivid moment

The fact that it's what I've been saying for weeks and weeks is just coincidence

Unread 11-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Tropical

Default No, dear boy.

Quote:
So now are you arguing about me not agreeing with your argument?
I'm saying you take a little too much relish in your belief that you have been proved right (I don't think you have, but that's beside the point), when the thing to really relish is the game itself. In other words, while the rest of us are celebrating a joyous United performance, you are looking to rub other United fans' noses in it. As if we'd be sorry.

Quote:
The fact that it's what I've been saying for weeks and weeks is just coincidence
Thank you for providing a handy example of what I'm talking about.

Unread 11-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default %@#$&!s dear boy

Quote:
I'm saying you take a little too much relish in your belief that you have been proved right (I don't think you have, but that's beside the point), when the thing to really relish is the game itself. In other words, while the rest of us are celebrating a joyous United performance, you are looking to rub other United fans' noses in it. As if we'd be sorry.

Thank you for providing a handy example of what I'm talking about.
I'm actually embarrassed for you and think you should just drop it now.

You're making an arse of yourself.

Unread 11-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Spiffy

Well I've been proven wrong One good result and suddenly all is well. Let's see what happens if we get a £40M bid for Ronaldo, we'll see then if we're in a position to strengthen the squad or struggling to pay the bills. We'll also see how good the squad is.

Accept last night for what it was, 1 game we needed to win, we hammered them and took the piss but 1 game is all it was. I'd have swapped last night for 3 points against Portsmouth.

Face it TT, you're never going to be persuaded that we've shafted by Glazer and family and we get threads like these every time we win.

Unread 11-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Well I've been proven wrong One good result and suddenly all is well. Let's see what happens if we get a £40M bid for Ronaldo, we'll see then if we're in a position to strengthen the squad or struggling to pay the bills. We'll also see how good the squad is.

Accept last night for what it was, 1 game we needed to win, we hammered them and took the piss but 1 game is all it was. I'd have swapped last night for 3 points against Portsmouth.

Face it TT, you're never going to be persuaded that we've shafted by Glazer and family and we get threads like these every time we win.
Well obviously we don't get that many threads like this then, since you start with the same old %@#$&!s:

One good result and all is well

We've been riding a wave of One good result for well over a year now. One after another after another in fact.

Or at least some of us have.

Enjoy the rest of the season won't you.

Unread 11-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Fountz

Quote:
I'm actually embarrassed for you and think you should just drop it now.

You're making an arse of yourself.
Disagree TT.. I think he makes a perfectly valid point, however if you're arguement has run its course and you wish to duck out now.. well that's another entirely.

Unread 11-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Fountz

Default Good post..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim887
The money is there for transfers, I'm sure. In the same way I can go out this afternoon and spend £20k on my credit card. I can't afford to though. We can carry on spending till we run out of avenues of credit, which could be years away. In fact what we spend good or bad isn't wholly relevant, it's merely indicative of the situation. Our capacity to pay it back is though.

David Gill is on record as saying that the cost of servicing the debt is no more than the amounts paid in tax and dividends as a plc. This is a lie. Nothing more, nothing less. I have the last 5 years audited accounts that I obtained from Companies House, so I know this to be a lie. In fact I'm pretty certain Red Issue printed the figures in the last but one edition.

So you don't actually have any evidence of anyone lying, you are simply saying you believe David Gill not the likes of me and the others. Fair enough, no problem. The difference is I can prove David Gill's lying. As could you if you were arsed to get the accounts and actually read them (assuming you could understand them, of course). I'll tell you what instead of causing trouble here, why don't you get the accounts yourself and disprove me. You're just like Rawney on RIM: no actual data, just sweeping statements that 'they must know what they're doing and you can't possibly'.

Oh by the way, you never answered me regarding what the £43.4m of Manchester United's money that the Glazers transfered to Red Football was likely to be for. Or how when we made a profit on transfers and an operating profit, but cash in bank dropped from £60-odd million to £6m.

Any chance you could actually explain some of these facts rather than just saying: "you're lying?" I won't hold my breath. Although I wish you would. Ideally for about half an hour.

Going back 70 years or so, do you think the Lemmings on here would've bought Chamberlain's "In my hand I have a piece of paper....." speech.. ??

Unread 11-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Disagree TT.. I think he makes a perfectly valid point, however if you're arguement has run its course and you wish to duck out now.. well that's another entirely.
If you all want to try and hijack the thread with your politics then yes ta, I will be off. All highly predictable %@#$&!s been done to death a million times before from doomlord central.

The fact you lot are so touchy and take yourselves so seriously is actually funnier than the original piss take though.

Unread 11-04-2007, 02:11 PM
tim887

Quote:
Going back 70 years or so, do you think the Lemmings on here would've bought Chamberlain's "In my hand I have a piece of paper....." speech.. ??

"Tanks, what tanks?"

Unread 11-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Tropical

Quote:
If you all want to try and hijack the thread with your politics then yes ta, I will be off. All highly predictable %@#$&!s been done to death a million times before from doomlord central.

The fact you lot are so touchy and take yourselves so seriously is actually funnier than the original piss take though.
*with which the nonchalant and imperturbable TT swishes cape across face and stalks out in high dudgeon*

Unread 11-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
*with which the nonchalant and imperturbable TT swishes cape across face and stalks out in high dudgeon*
and hunting round for secret spycam begins in earnest

Unread 11-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

£#%&! the politics, 7 £#%&!ing 1 over those @#%&!s is all that matters for now.

Anyway, most of the doomlordery came from last season - and much of it was justified, though some of it was way over the top such as puressences 'fergie out' drive.

A lot of the people classed as doomlords are simply reminding the giddy that despite the excellent results and football we're not free of the debt yet and there is still a long way to go with the glazer ownership. You could say that this is something of a 'honeymoon period' for them. Eventually the honeymoon WILL be well and truly over.

Talking to various people in the pub this week has been a bid disappointing as it looks like many have decided that winning equates to everything being ok and the glazers being not so bad after all. They just want to enjoy winning and not worry about what might happen in the future. Personally i cant do that, but i can at least understand that point of view and at least they dont try to convince themselves that the future is going to be another 20 years of glory unlike some on here.

Unread 11-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default You doomlords and your little games, eh :tehe:

Did I mention we have the best player in the world playing for us

Unread 11-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Why is it so important to you that we're all believers.. It's no longer a case with you about Doomlordery V Ostriches.. it runs deeper, and this is what slightly unsettles me about your posts.. TT represents a point of view that, although I don't agree with I can at least see.. with you, it really does matter that we all believe everything is "Oh so lovely.."

Please explain why..
You better not be calling me an Ostrich, Fountz

For the record, my pov is that if success on the pitch helps some outsider to own us and make cash out of us then that is just an unfortunate bi-product that I do not particularly have either the time or the inclination for trying to fight at this time in my life. And I'm certainly not going to boycott unless they do something that is illegal or immoral (in the business world sense of those two words - which let's face it gives the Glazers and their bankers a pretty broad canvas). I love United and last night was a pretty good example of why.

Unread 11-04-2007, 05:25 PM
violater

Quote:
You better not be calling me an Ostrich, Fountz

For the record, my pov is that if success on the pitch helps some outsider to own us and make cash out of us then that is just an unfortunate bi-product that I do not particularly have either the time or the inclination for trying to fight at this time in my life. And I'm certainly not going to boycott unless they do something that is illegal or immoral (in the business world sense of those two words - which let's face it gives the Glazers and their bankers a pretty broad canvas). I love United and last night was a pretty good example of why.
id like to publicly apologise to you for a small argument we had a few weeks back. you have shown your self to be an independant minded man who knows his football and sticks to his guns.
they way you have conducted yourself on this thread is evidence of it.

Unread 11-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
id like to publicly apologise to you for a small argument we had a few weeks back.
Accepted ()

Quote:
We'll agree to disagree..
Agreed

Unread 11-04-2007, 05:43 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
they way you have conducted yourself on this thread is evidence of it.
TT

Violaters post throws up one of the most important moral questions that we as Forumistas can ask ourselves.

Is a compliment made by Violater really a compliment?

It’s the forum equivalent of being asked whether a tree falling in a deserted wood makes any sound

I think.

Unread 11-04-2007, 05:48 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
TT

Violaters post throws up one of the most important moral questions that we as Forumistas can ask ourselves.

Is a compliment made by Violater really a compliment?

It’s the forum equivalent of being asked whether a tree falling in a deserted wood makes any sound

I think.
why is it not a compliment.

i dont know you enough to make an opinion on you but TT and me have had a run in and i just felt the time was right to apologise to him as he seems to be one of the more decent posters on here.

keith(that is your name right) dont believe the hype projected by a few on here.

i am not as disliked by as it may appear.

Unread 11-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Fountz

Exclamation Ah yes... yes, yes, yes....... BUT !..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim887
Except I don't. That is your own inference, which as is often the case, is flawed. The proof is the audited accounts that I keep telling you to read and then come back to us. But as you're too lazy/incapable of this small task, I thought I'd try and make it a little easier for you by pointing you in the direction of something that has done the difficult stuff for you.

Every financial fact is verifiable in the filed accounts, but you are too pig-ignorant to check your information. Or more likely know it would remove the Persian rug from under your feet, so simply try and argue about anything, anything other than the indisputable facts.
..did you know that Andy Walsh wasn't an IT Consultant... oh no !.. he [SIZE="1"]( moistens lips and waggles fingers over keyboard in anticipation )... was in fact a Driving Instructor..
Closed Thread