United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-09-2009, 10:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
they have to prove intent for that though, which will be hard imo.
Hmmmm, I dunno, I think looking at his face then kicking him in it suggests some sort of intent at least.

Unread 14-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Hmmmm, I dunno, I think looking at his face then kicking him in it suggests some sort of intent at least.
he did hold his hand up immediately though that suggests it was an accident.

personally i think he's gonna end up getting a ban for the celebration and nothing for the stamp.

Unread 14-09-2009, 10:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

personally i think he's gonna end up getting a ban for the celebration and nothing for the stamp.
He vcertainly shgouldn't get any ban for that celebration but even though it was Van Persie, he can't get away with the Shearering.

Unread 14-09-2009, 10:41 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:

Only 2 players have ever been punished twice for the same offence by the FA to my knowledge. Roy Keane for the haaland tackle when he got in more trouble for his book and Thatcher for city when he nearly killed Pedro Mendes. I really really don't think the FA will do him for the goal celebration, I think they will just make sure he gets 3 matchs for the stamp as the politics behind the scenes does him for both.

Unread 14-09-2009, 10:43 AM
borsuk

Quote:
they have to prove intent for that though, which will be hard imo.
eh? no they don't. it's not a court of law, they just have to decide it was intentional and ban the nasty little piece of shit.

Unread 14-09-2009, 10:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

I don't think it was accidental by the way, I think it was instinctive.

Unread 14-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Only 2 players have ever been punished twice for the same offence by the FA to my knowledge. Roy Keane for the haaland tackle when he got in more trouble for his book and Thatcher for city when he nearly killed Pedro Mendes. I really really don't think the FA will do him for the goal celebration, I think they will just make sure he gets 3 matchs for the stamp as the politics behind the scenes does him for both.
remember Bowyer getting 6 I think for stamping on someones head in a European game, Adebayor should get the same - it was astonishingly @#%&!ish & clearly bourne out of playing for Arsenal & seeing his arse from the shit the fans have given him. What a £#%&!er.

As an aside - van Persie must think Karma is a bitch after the way he blatantly tried to "do" Fletcher in the recent internationals. The #@&%!.

Unread 14-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
eh? no they don't. it's not a court of law, they just have to decide it was intentional and ban the nasty little piece of shit.
thats what i said, they have to prove/decide it was intentional. i dont think they can 100% be certain it was intentional so they wont ban him for it. but, i think they will take it into consideration when punishing him for the celebration.

my prediction: 1 match ban for the celebration and a 25k fine. hopefully with immediate effect.

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:00 AM
My Name is Keith

I think he;ll get a 5 match ban which he deserves - he's one of the dirtiest malicious @#%&!s playing the game.

Agree with Borsuk over Wenger - easily the most impressive Premiership Manager aside from SAF. He irritates in a way that most fans of other clubs find SAF irritating.

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:04 AM
BulgarianSpectator

Are you forgetting the very late tackle RvP put in on Adebayor which started the whole thing?

Adebayor is very good at jumping out of the way of a bad tackle, if he hadn't, he'd have a broken ankle now. Once he was in the air, it was very difficult to move his feet to avoid hitting RvP on landing.

Well, that's the excuse I'd use anyway.

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Sandman

He tried to stamp on Fabregas as well.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xah94h_extremely-nasty-foul-by-adebayor_sport

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:12 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
like i said earlier, they need to look at the whole match. adebayor was settling scores all over the place, there were a couple of elbows as well. he should get the £#%&!ing book thrown at him, that tackle on fabregas could have done his achilles very easily.

he'll be injured or rested for the game at the emirates because he'll know what's coming if he plays.

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:17 AM
armchair

Have to say Hughes has done a great job with him. Hughes was a dirty @#%&! too and a better player for it. I thought in the past the Abebayor was a bit powder puff but not now. Drogba does all the same stuff every game but with added diving.

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:29 AM
marlo

Quote:
like i said earlier, they need to look at the whole match. adebayor was settling scores all over the place, there were a couple of elbows as well. he should get the £#%&!ing book thrown at him, that tackle on fabregas could have done his achilles very easily.

he'll be injured or rested for the game at the emirates because he'll know what's coming if he plays.
from who exactly?

rosicky and fabregas

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
from who exactly?

rosicky and fabregas
denilson

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Totally agree. It's easy to laugh because it's arsenal it's happening to, but I can't stand a snide @#%&!.

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:33 AM
marlo

Quote:
denilson
confirmed hatchet men!

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:35 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
from who exactly?

rosicky and fabregas
i'd imagine van persie will be first in the queue.

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Smeggs

he was certainly up for giving some payback, the key thing is that the stamp was missed so can be looked at retrospectively. should therefore get a 3 game ban for violent conduct, maybe a fine for the celebration with gary nev used as precedent (i think he was fined?)

they are a pretty snide club and always have been, i find thier fans a bit of a joke though really, they barely warrant comment.

Unread 14-09-2009, 11:37 AM
marlo

Quote:
i'd imagine van persie will be first in the queue.
not if he remembers what happen last time he tried to 'do' adebayor (saturday)
Closed Thread