Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2021, 09:24 AM
Red Santos

Dogshit again the last few games

Come on fatty bum bum!

Unread 19-05-2021, 12:11 PM
utd99

More evidence of how underrated Maguire is.

Unread 19-05-2021, 01:23 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Dogshit again the last few games

Come on fatty bum bum!
Actually he was one of our better ones yesterday, one harum scarum backpass aside - though that probably says more about the rest of them. That was one tired challenge that led to their goal though.

Unread 19-05-2021, 01:28 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Actually he was one of our better ones yesterday, one harum scarum backpass aside - though that probably says more about the rest of them. That was one tired challenge that led to their goal though.
I haven’t watched it back. Was it WB’s man again?

Unread 19-05-2021, 01:30 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I haven’t watched it back. Was it WB’s man again?
Shaw turned the ball over to the lad who put the cross in. WB had no idea where his man was so he was free to head it in unopposed. Shocker.

Unread 19-05-2021, 02:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Shaw turned the ball over to the lad who put the cross in. WB had no idea where his man was so he was free to head it in unopposed. Shocker.
Tbf to Wan B, he was marking a lad and followed him, the guy that scored was the wing back that snuck in. He should've been passing his man to Lindelof, but he was oblivious.

Not sure that his lack of faith in Lindelof isn't half of AWB's problem defensively.

Unread 19-05-2021, 05:22 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Tbf to Wan B, he was marking a lad and followed him, the guy that scored was the wing back that snuck in. He should've been passing his man to Lindelof, but he was oblivious.

Not sure that his lack of faith in Lindelof isn't half of AWB's problem defensively.
You appear to making a lot of excuses for him of late. He’s been losing his men on balls coming from our left all season.

Unread 19-05-2021, 05:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
You appear to making a lot of excuses for him of late. He’s been losing his men on balls coming from our left all season.
Agreed. But as you’ve accepted, it’s not always his fault, sometimes it’s others not doing their job and him getting overloaded.

Unread 19-05-2021, 05:55 PM
jem

I think we all know dunk doesn't judge all of our players by the same standards.

Unread 19-05-2021, 05:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think we all know dunk doesn't judge all of our players by the same standards.
No, I judge them by their performances.

Just the 3 players for AWB to sort out at the back post there.

Unread 19-05-2021, 06:23 PM
jem

Quote:

https://twitter.com/fulhamfantv/stat...500173824?s=21

only one he should have been watching. the same one he misses every £#%&!ing time.

Unread 19-05-2021, 06:43 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

And decides to pick up none of them. Overload AND his mistake. As ever, a catalogue of problems with our goals.

Unread 19-05-2021, 06:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

What exactly is tuanzebe doing there? Picking up nobody while lindelof and wan bissaka have to mark 3 players

Unread 19-05-2021, 07:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
only one he should have been watching. the same one he misses every £#%&!ing time.
He picks that one up and one of the other 2 score and he still gets the blame.

I’m not saying he’s blameless, he was indecisive and allowed himself to drift in towards Lindelof, which he shouldn’t, but still, he’s left out on a limb.

Unread 19-05-2021, 08:11 PM
jem

Quote:
He picks that one up and one of the other 2 score and he still gets the blame.

I’m not saying he’s blameless, he was indecisive and allowed himself to drift in towards Lindelof, which he shouldn’t, but still, he’s left out on a limb.
not really. the players running into the middle should be picked up by the centre halves (greenwood could have tracked back better, too). they were also both too deep to finish and at least had players between them and the goal (if not paying attention). he should be aware of the man behind him.

if he'd just done this once, maybe it would be forgivable, but it happens to him constantly. all he sees is what is in front of him. it's a failing and it has cost us quite a few goals. as soon as he comes inside, there is no chance of anyone else marking his man.

Unread 19-05-2021, 09:18 PM
snifter

And we're overlooking Shaw's total lack of commitment to go and win the ball in the first place, are we ?

Unread 19-05-2021, 09:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by snifter
And we're overlooking Shaw's total lack of commitment to go and win the ball in the first place, are we ?
No, that screamed ‘Cup Final next week’.

Unread 19-05-2021, 10:46 PM
Big Norm

Tweeted this after he found out a fan who chucked a green and gold scarf at him got removed and threatened with a ban.

Unread 20-05-2021, 10:46 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not really. the players running into the middle should be picked up by the centre halves (greenwood could have tracked back better, too). they were also both too deep to finish and at least had players between them and the goal (if not paying attention). he should be aware of the man behind him.

if he'd just done this once, maybe it would be forgivable, but it happens to him constantly. all he sees is what is in front of him. it's a failing and it has cost us quite a few goals. as soon as he comes inside, there is no chance of anyone else marking his man.
Players making mistakes is on them. Players making the same mistakes over and over is on the manager. Set pieces, playing out from the back to Fred facing his own goal, the entire defence getting dragged wide with WB failing to read and deal with the danger, forwards not tracking back to support properly. The longer these things go on the less well it reflects on Ole.

Unread 28-06-2021, 08:31 AM
Ethers

Shaw going in on Mourinho.

Closed Thread