Unread 24-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
The most important game of the 5.
Don't know about that! And we won 4-2 going on 10

Unread 24-02-2008, 09:49 PM
borsuk

there were plenty going bananas when we paid out for carrick. i well remember the computer game types coming out with their dm not am needed arguments. there was even some jol quote or other i kept rolling out to make the point back in 2006...
Quote:
carrick's performance was magnificent - time for me to roll out the jol quote again ;o)

People would say he is not a complete holding player, but I do not agree. He had so many interceptions – just about every attack started with him.

i've said it before: defensive m/f is not about thundering into tackles, but about positioning and anticipation. how many times did he break up counters or cause them to slow down the break? wonderful stuff. he has proved an inspired buy and exactly what we needed to replace keane. shame it wasn't two years earlier.
great player. how he languishes behind steeeeevie g and super shankhard for england i'll never know.

Unread 24-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Luffy

I had some heated debates about Carrick - mainly to do with our ongoing interest in Hargreaves - I just failed to understand how a Carrick-Hargreaves duo could drive on this great young team spearheaded by Ronaldo and Rooney. Thankfully Anderson mixes it up abit and even fletcher contributes. I still stand by what I say, will be interesting to see if Hargreaves - Carrick will ever play regularly with each other.
Closed Thread