United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Sparky***

Great result. Great performance. Made my weekend.

Unread 23-02-2008, 08:29 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
Great result. Great performance. Made my weekend.

mine an all, I needed the boys to put in a performance today for my old man. bet he was chuffed to £#%&! with that

Unread 23-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Serenity Now

Well, that was fun. I actually didn't think we played particularly well in the first two thirds of the pitch, but a combination of Newcastle's shocking defending and our attacking efficiency totally killed them in the final third. 5-1 and we never really out of third gear

Ronaldo not at anything like his best, but still manages to notch up two goals and an assist. Freakish.

Excellent performances by Carrick and Rooney.

Unread 23-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Nani was pretty good today.

Got his head up and put a few crosses in that we should have done better with.

He's proving his worth imo.
Worked very hard defensively too - both in terms of pressuring Newcastle up the pitch and tracking back to protect his fullback.

Unread 23-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Tiberian

Pleased for Saha, especially in these away games he can be a big factor for us and the smile on his face after he scored showed a lot of relief.

Strangely enough I do not think it was an outstanding performance, it was rather scrappy at times, in the second half we allowed Newcastle to make it a very direct game, and they caused a bit of panic.

Good use of Scholes though, brought him on and he calmed the team down, got us passing the ball again and we started to create chances on the counter.

Have been saying it for a while but on recent form Carrick is our best midfielder, all areas of his game are working well for him, and his early passing make us so quick on the counter.
Closed Thread