United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Stretlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Yep. I first heard that we had an interest towards the end of last year. I'm sure he was on the radar long before that as well.

Nice one wasn't sure, not really seen that much of him. However if he can pull out goals like the one he did on wednesday regularly then sign him up!!!!

Unread 22-02-2008, 05:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
well they're hardly going to be honest about it, are they?

sky sports @#%&! reporter: so, karim, what was it about the club that made you choose united?
benzema: £#%&!ing tons of cash. zut alors!
Fair enough, but I think it can have an impact. Say he's choosing between us and Madrid come summer. He looks at Madrid and sees a club that often signs players on the spur of the moment, usually because other teams are after them. Then he looks at United and sees a manager who took the effort to meet him in person and has shown a clear admiration for him throughout the season. I'm not saying we'll get him, but I'm sure Fergie will have made an impression on the lad over the last week or so. Already we look the club most keen on the player. I really think that can have an effect on Benzema's thinking if it does come down to him to chose where he goes.

Unread 22-02-2008, 06:20 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Fair enough, but I think it can have an impact. Say he's choosing between us and Madrid come summer. He looks at Madrid and sees a club that often signs players on the spur of the moment, usually because other teams are after them. Then he looks at United and sees a manager who took the effort to meet him in person and has shown a clear admiration for him throughout the season. I'm not saying we'll get him, but I'm sure Fergie will have made an impression on the lad over the last week or so. Already we look the club most keen on the player. I really think that can have an effect on Benzema's thinking if it does come down to him to chose where he goes.
joking aside, you're right, of course. more important, i think, is the reputation that united are gaining (once again) of being a club which gives youth a real chance to shine. there was a period where we were trying to buy proven talent with experience - veron, blanc - whereas now we're being much smarter and picking up top quality young talent which can still adapt to the premiership and learn the united system. for a player like benzema the main attraction at united is ronnie, rooney, tevez, anderson, nani, dong...

Unread 22-02-2008, 06:22 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
joking aside, you're right, of course. more important, i think, is the reputation that united are gaining (once again) of being a club which gives youth a real chance to shine. there was a period where we were trying to buy proven talent with experience - veron, blanc - whereas now we're being much smarter and picking up top quality young talent which can still adapt to the premiership and learn the united system. for a player like benzema the main attraction at united is ronnie, rooney, tevez, anderson, nani, dong...
Perfect end to a good post.

Unread 22-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf

I must say i didnt think we'd see him at Old Trafford so early! I hope he impresses Sir Alex, not too much of course.
Moron. (You not Benzema).
Closed Thread