United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-02-2008, 03:21 PM
El Calafate

no doubt ferie will play giggs upfront. nft.

Unread 20-02-2008, 03:24 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
no doubt ferie will play giggs upfront. nft.
If that happens then I take back what I said in my other post, that would be just unacceptable. Everyone £#%&!ing knows Giggs upfront doesn't work.

Unread 20-02-2008, 03:27 PM
dodger

What time is kick off? Some mentalist told me it was 6pm.

Unread 20-02-2008, 03:29 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
What time is kick off? Some mentalist told me it was 6pm.
19:45, as usual.

Unread 20-02-2008, 03:29 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
19:45, as usual.
ta

Unread 20-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Harri Jaffa

Actually, after careful thought I don't really care who playes as long as Anderson is in the first 11.

He won't be

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Enjoying Insanity

VDS

Brown
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Carrick
Anderson
Hargo
Nani
Ronaldo

Rooney

Nothing wrong with this, we @#%&!ted Arsenal with a similar system.

If Fergie starts with Giggs he is a complete and utter £#%&!wit, if he starts with both Scholes and Mr Lazy then it beggers belief and we will be lucky to get a 0-0 draw, which will drop us in the shit for the OT leg.

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:06 PM
MJ Ramone

This is what I think the side will be.....not the side I want to see.

VDS

EVRA
RIO
VIDIC
WES

RONALDO
HARGREAVES
CARRICK
SCHOLES
GIGGS (free role/2nd striker )

ROONEY

We're Manchester United.
We should ALWAYS play with 2 strikers. I'm sick of us treating Europe like a game of £#%&!ing Chess.
We've only won it twice & we certianly didn't play 'not to lose' in those campaigns.

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:17 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
We should ALWAYS play with 2 strikers.
I don't think so. The Cup game last week is just one example. What I think is most important is the intent. Pressure the opposition as high up the pitch as possible, commit the full backs and midfielders to attack when in possession. Play with width and pace, attack in numbers. That, for me, is the Manchester United way.

I think too much emphasis is put on formations sometimes. Last week is an example of how we should always try and play - not the cagey counter attack stuff that seems to be necessary for European success.

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Serenity Now

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I don't think so. The Cup game last week is just one example. What I think is most important is the intent. Pressure the opposition as high up the pitch as possible, commit the full backs and midfielders to attack when in possession. Play with width and pace, attack in numbers. That, for me, is the Manchester United way.

I think too much emphasis is put on formations sometimes. Last week is an example of how we should always try and play - not the cagey counter attack stuff that seems to be necessary for European success.
Spoken like a true Sacchista

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:25 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:29 PM
magic_cantona

Bracing myself for another dour, tedious, boring, shit United Euro performance.

The memory of £#%&!ing Arsenal 4-0 will long be forgotten by 10pm tonight.

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong.

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:40 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:

yup. and always play with width and support from m/f. our worst performances come when the m/f sits too far back and fails to support our attack through the middle.

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:44 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
yup. and always play with width and support from m/f. our worst performances come when the m/f sits too far back and fails to support our attack through the middle.
two players spring to mind and the two that will probably start.

Unread 20-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
two players spring to mind and the two that will probably start.
It's not often I agree with you Vio, but you are spot on.

We'll end up with Scholes taking the ball of Vidic and five yards away will be "The Yapping Dog" Hargo. Even if Carrick gets forward he isn't going to be "in contact" with the strikers.

Unread 20-02-2008, 06:05 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Yep. One reason why Evra is so important to us. We become a far narrower side when he isn't playing.

Anderson did a great job running from deep last week. Simply has to play.

Unread 20-02-2008, 06:13 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
It's not often I agree with you Vio, but you are spot on.

We'll end up with Scholes taking the ball of Vidic and five yards away will be "The Yapping Dog" Hargo. Even if Carrick gets forward he isn't going to be "in contact" with the strikers.

i agree. i don't think carrick and hargreaves and scholes works. i think carrick and scholes works; i think scholes and anderson works; i think carrick and anderson works; i think scholes and hargreaves works; i think carrick and scholes and anderson works.

as we all know, it's intent that's the key. watching fletcher play with real drive and aggression at the weekend was a pleasure. pushing forward, taking the play to the opposition and pushing them back. if we start like that then we'll be fine.

Unread 20-02-2008, 07:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:

You're on form tonight. Couldn't agree more.
Closed Thread