Unread 31-12-2006, 02:33 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengate
get too the game, its not hard
yeah, thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Luck with injuries was obviously far more of an issue in the old days in your world then.

To dismiss the impact of United's injuries (and suspensions if you count Rio esp.) over the last three seasons is utterly bizarre.

Here's just a few league appearance facts I've selected for you (cus that's the kind of guy I am):

05/06 Scholes 18 (2), Heinze 2 (2), Giggs 22 (5), Neville 24 (1), Keane 4 (1)

04/05 RvN 16 (1), Saha 7 (7), Ole 0, Heinze 26, Neville 22,

03/04 Saha 9 (3), Ole 7 (6), Scholes 24 (4), Keane 25 (3), Ronaldo 15 (4)
I don't doubt we had injuries, I'm just saying it's not an excuse. you expect injuries. not having any back-up for keane and scholes is just asking for trouble. smith led the line quite well when we had no strikers; asking him to run the midfield when we had no midfielders was asking a bit too much. especially when you see the prices for which some decent enough midfielders were moving around.

Unread 31-12-2006, 02:39 AM
jem

Default incidentally

if I'd turned to a mate at the game as rooney and ronaldo went off and fletch and richardson came on and said "3-3, here we come", I think I would have got a nod and a smile. :0)

Unread 31-12-2006, 02:59 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if I'd turned to a mate at the game as rooney and ronaldo went off and fletch and richardson came on and said "3-3, here we come", I think I would have got a nod and a smile. :0)
To one of your own mates, no doubt a knowing smile The point is that you made allowances for the bad luck with injuries being the reason Big Ron never won the bloody league!!

edit: this is not to blame 2004/05 on injuries btw. I blame it on RvN, or more to the point, without him we were £#%&!ed in front of goal. The solution didn't become totally obvious until around January 2006, and was eventually arrived at in the shape of a cheque for £10m!

Unread 31-12-2006, 03:21 AM
jem

Default I think losing

the whole midfield after a £#%&!ing perfect season start.... well, we couldn't be blamed for thinking injuries played a part.

I suppose having robbo was a bit of a risk. :0)

Unread 31-12-2006, 03:26 AM
Tumescent Throb

And there we have it.

The wheels on the bus go round and round round and round round and round the wheels on the

Unread 31-12-2006, 03:36 AM
jem

Default well

if you don't want to be bored, you probably shouldn't suggest we weren't capable of winning the league in the 80s or that we wouldn't have won it even if we hadn't had a major injury crisis.

Unread 31-12-2006, 04:43 AM
Tumescent Throb

heads shoulders knees and toes knees and toes heads shoulders knees and toes knees and toes heads and shoulders and knees and toes heads shoulders knees and toes knees and toes

Anyway, talking of 85/86 I remember Big Ron himself saying United were far from perfect in half the opening run of wins, £#%&!tastic as it all was. And didn't the injuries (apart from Robson) kick in with full effect round about springtime by when we'd already lost plenty. Stopped us challenging properly on the run-in, not from romping the league as the myth suggests

Unread 31-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Billy Baroo

so the majority of these comments have been made from listening on the radio?

£#%&!ing unbelievable

Unread 31-12-2006, 12:04 PM
ralph

I'm really missing the live match going experience, it pains me more whne we are playing some of our best football for many years. £#%&!ing Glazer's.

Unread 31-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I watched the game live on telly and it was quite obvious we missed Vidic, especially for his ability in the air.
Heinze likes to think he's good in the air, but more often than not he's facing the other way when he jumps.

Unread 31-12-2006, 12:50 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Heinze likes to think he's good in the air, but more often than not he's facing the other way when he jumps.
that's a very good observation. he does do that a lot.

and jem - ya boo sucks

Unread 31-12-2006, 03:53 PM
armchair

Arsene Jemba

Unread 31-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Tropical

Default It may not be what jem meant, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
3-3 here we come
United 3-0 Villa

United 3-1 Wigan

United 3-2 Reading...

I know a pattern when I see one.

That aside... Happy New Year, y'all.

Unread 31-12-2006, 07:49 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical