United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:21 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Our country is full of people that want to sink migrants in the Channel. And that's just the government. We could also say that Qatar has never been part of an illegal war in a country they had nothing to do with, unlike the UK.

We've held a referendum on Brexit that was sold on racism and xenophobia and guess who won that argument? Right now, the government, our government, are trying to pass a motion to outlaw peaceful protest and to take away our right to strike. I could go on, buy maybe slating Qatar for having a terrible government and odd views is a bit rich.
thick as pig shit you

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:22 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Just saw Nice's sponsor. I wonder if they paid over the odds.

They are no better than what the SJR fans fear with Qatar
It's not sports washing when it's english.

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:23 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
It's not sports washing when it's english.
And if Sir Jim loses the bid, he'll go back to watching Chelsea !

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:24 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
and yet here you are talking shit
nice shot. GOOD effort.

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:28 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090
Bang on. Britain is one of the most morally corrupt nations there is. Not to mention just plain corrupt. But yeah let’s bang on about the oil nations being inhuman
Except it just isn't, is it?

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:28 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Our country is full of people that want to sink migrants in the Channel. And that's just the government. We could also say that Qatar has never been part of an illegal war in a country they had nothing to do with, unlike the UK.

We've held a referendum on Brexit that was sold on racism and xenophobia and guess who won that argument? Right now, the government, our government, are trying to pass a motion to outlaw peaceful protest and to take away our right to strike. I could go on, buy maybe slating Qatar for having a terrible government and odd views is a bit rich.
What has any of that got to do with me expressing my views on a football club being owned by people I don't like? I should say, £#%&! it crack on, because the country I was born in partitioned the sub continent? I can dislike what I want, the country of my births behaviour over the millennia, has £#%&! all to do with my views or rights to express said opinions.

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:33 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Except it just isn't, is it?
boris under endless investigation, scottish pm arrested. sounds a bit corrupt.

the uk is just a rubber stamp for us wars.

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:36 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
boris under endless investigation, scottish pm arrested.

You do realise this is undermining your own argument?

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:40 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
You do realise this is undermining your own argument?
I realise you think that investigation of corruption means there's no corruption.

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:47 PM
Finport Red

When will people realise that the only country without corrupt people running it is the one with no people in it? Britain this, Qatar that. people on here who have admitted in other threads to things that render them practically morally bankrupt, moralising over who should own United. It’s nuts.

“What is morality?”

“Well, it’s what I consider to be right.”

Give over.

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:50 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
thick as pig shit you
Qatar were like an unused substitute tbf.

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:50 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:

If anything it shows that even those at the top of elected officialdom are not exempt from the law .. not least when you consider the gravity of the transgressions that have strung them up (less than a million £ disputed in financing; conduct behind closed doors during covid) relative to rest of the world where it goes unabated (Peskov flaunting his £6 million watch on a £120k salary comes immediately to mind). To be honest its such an absurd suggestion its hard to seriously even get into it ..

RE: Qatar .. once it goes there it never goes back. That's it with the club, forever. A pawn to be used in State affairs. For all that, if they follow an operational plan similar to PSG as opposed to City, there's no real guarantee of success to show at the end of it. I'll repeat -- spending money during the Glazer's tenure post-Fergie has never been the problem (while the "value" era was in full swing was a different story), its who spends the money & how its spent that is the issue. Sorting the back-of-house is more pivotal to the club having on-field success than any other item .. simply spending like drunken sailors won't meet the challenge if the right team are not installed to preside over it. Whoever has the right approach & plan to doing that are the right group to move forward with, irrespective of origin.

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:52 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
If anything it shows that even those at the top of elected officialdom are not exempt from the law.

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Have any of these people tried to buy a football club?

You know, just to kind of bring it round to what the thread is actually about?

Unread 11-06-2023, 11:01 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
I realise you think that investigation of corruption means there's no corruption.
No, actually the opposite. Generally if someone is being arrested or investigated, then there's probably corruption. And if there's Tories involved, there's definitely corruption.

I'm not sure how pointing out people are being held to account for their corruption is a mark against Britain

I'm sure I'll get that explanation in detail right after the explanation as to how INEOS is an independent state because Jim got knighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
When will people realise that the only country without corrupt people running it is the one with no people in it? Britain this, Qatar that. people on here who have admitted in other threads to things that render them practically morally bankrupt, moralising over who should own United. It’s nuts.

“What is morality?”

“Well, it’s what I consider to be right.”

Give over.
So there's no such thing as morality?

It's amazing the lengths people will goto just to justify to themselves that winning plastic trophies as a state owned sports washing tool is a good thing.

Unread 11-06-2023, 11:06 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

The UK government aren’t looking to buy us pal

Unread 11-06-2023, 11:10 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Have any of these people tried to buy a football club?

You know, just to kind of bring it round to what the thread is actually about?
Sir Jim did and he's part of the uk establishment and apparently if someone from a country's establishment bids for a club then you get to go deep on that country and the person bidding is responsible for everything that country ever did.

Unless he's English.

Unread 11-06-2023, 11:53 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
The UK government aren’t looking to buy us pal
Neither is the Qatari government. If it was the actual Qatari state backing Al Thani, there'd be no need to haggle over a price would there?

Unread 12-06-2023, 12:01 AM
Chris Quayd

Being part of the UK establishment basically means being rich or you went to a certain school. Being part of the establishment in a Middle Eastern theocracy with no history of industry or freedom of markets is completely different.

Unread 12-06-2023, 12:02 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Neither is the Qatari government. If it was the actual Qatari state backing Al Thani, there'd be no need to haggle over a price would there?
Don’t tell me your that naive